2019 4* CB Cam'Ron Kelly Transferred to UNC

WFE12

DlOBzRFW0AEY2j8.jpg

• 41 offers including AU, Bama, Clemson, Florida State, UGA, Michigan, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Oregon, PSU and Tennessee, among many many others.
  • Visited for the BBQ Recruiting Cookout 7/28
  • Recruiter: Woodson
  • Previously committed to Virginia Tech

Kelly excels on both sides of the ball. He has great size and overall athleticism. He runs well and has good body control. Kelly shows good anticipation and has great ball skills. He also has a high football I.Q. and does a great job of putting himself in position to makes plays. He needs to continue to get stronger, but he has a chance to be a special player at the collegiate level.

https://247sports.com/Player/CamRon-Kelly-46038384/

While Kelly is listed as an athlete and plays quarterback for Oscar Smith High in Chesapeake, Va., he projects as a cornerback for Auburn. That would make him the third cornerback in the Tigers' recruiting class, joining Puckett and fellow four-star athlete Jaylin Simpson.
"If you want to come win a Jim Thorpe Award, this is the place to be," Kelly said last month. "I mean, you go in the ACC and you can have the same stats as a dude from Auburn and you're up in the running against an SEC West team. You already know who the award's going to."

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/08/camron_kelly_commits_to_auburn.html#incart_river_index

DlOB04SWsAAy18A.jpg

2019 Commit List

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems like we have 2 spots remaining in the secondary for 3 4*s and a 3* with 4.3 speed. That we know of. And all have supposedly shown us quite a bit of love.

War Damn WOOOOOOOOdson and Brown.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Seems like we have 2 spots remaining in the secondary for 3 4*s and a 3* with 4.3 speed. That we know of. And all have supposedly shown us quite a bit of love.

War Damn WOOOOOOOOdson and Brown.

After we get Zion in a few days we have 1 DB spot left, maybe 2 with the second as a best available regardless of position. Who is the 3rd 4*? If you are referring to Kenny Logan, he’s a 3*.

• Like 1

I sure would like to have this kid in the class along with Puckett.  Speed and size...they are cornerbacks, built like safeties, that run like receivers...can ne hard to come by.  We are looking like kids think we are DBU...here's to hoping! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tigerfinz said:

I sure would like to have this kid in the class along with Puckett.  Speed and size...they are cornerbacks, built like safeties, that run like receivers...can ne hard to come by.  We are looking like kids think we are DBU...here's to hoping! 

Plus both could play safety so it would give Woodson and O-Brown-Wan a lot of options.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ellitor said:

After we get Zion in a few days we have 1 DB spot left, maybe 2 with the second as a best available regardless of position. Who is the 3rd 4*? If you are referring to Kenny Logan, he’s a 3*.

I was thinking Tyrique Stevenson but come to think of it I haven't heard his name in a minute.

59 minutes ago, ellitor said:

Plus both could play safety so it would give Woodson and O-Brown-Wan a lot of options.

Losing booth sucks man 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Losing booth sucks man 

If we finish how it's looking like we can, this will still be one of the better classes I can remember. 

Edit: with regards to the secondary

Edited by McLoofus
  • Like 4

56 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I was thinking Tyrique Stevenson but come to think of it I haven't heard his name in a minute.

Neither has Auburn recording reporters. Last I heard Georgia  was trending but that’s been a while.

57 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Losing booth sucks man 

It does but I don’t see the point in rehashing it since we are still likely to have one of the best secondary classes in the nation and the staff liking Zion as much as Booth.

ETA what Loof said.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 1

Man, I dig this cat. Would love to see us start getting these kind of guys: big, physical, and *with ball skills*. That has (to me) what has made Bammer so good in the secondary under Saban’s watch. Love the way our secondary is trending, play and recruiting, under my man Goober Brown ?!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, fredst said:

Man, I dig this cat. Would love to see us start getting these kind of guys: big, physical, and *with ball skills*. That has (to me) what has made Bammer so good in the secondary under Saban’s watch. Love the way our secondary is trending, play and recruiting, under my man Goober Brown ?!

Are you a beatnik..........man your claw sharp

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, fredst said:

Down Town Goober Brown!

2 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Makes me want to read On The Road again.  

Nothing short of serious money could make me re-read On The Road. Did you really like it?

4 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

And Dharma Bums.   Heady stuff man.  

I did read both, just because it was the cool thing to do back then, but I honestly found them to be boring and lacking in action. I suppose they were intended to be that way, but man! Ian Fleming was writing James Bond stuff at the same time.... No brainer on which to read!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I did read both, just because it was the cool thing to do back then, but I honestly found them to be boring and lacking in action. I suppose they were intended to be that way, but man! Ian Fleming was writing James Bond stuff at the same time.... No brainer on which to read!

I read them in the 90's.   Then picked up On The Road again last year... Not as good this time...  I get where your coming from... "I can dig it"

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Mikey said:

Nothing short of serious money could make me re-read On The Road. Did you really like it?

I'm kinda with you on this. Might be heresy but neither "On The Road" nor "Catcher in the Rye" did much for me.

• Like 1

Looks like he is committing today at 1. Auburn seems to be trending nicely for him, but the question is with all of his recruitment drama so far, will we sign him in Feb. Would be a nice addition to our defensive backfield.

4 hours ago, AUintheATL said:

Looks like he is committing today at 1. Auburn seems to be trending nicely for him, but the question is with all of his recruitment drama so far, will we sign him in Feb. Would be a nice addition to our defensive backfield.

Drama?

And, nice call @ellitor.

EDIT: Drama questions answered, sorta

Edited by McLoofus
Removed quoted VIP info.
  • Like 1