2019 4* CB Cam'Ron Kelly Transferred to UNC

WFE12

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Good size and better hair . Sign him 

See, that's what I'm talking about. You have to look beyond the measurables and the recruiting service evaluations and do your own evaluation. It's not just about who you want on the field, but who do you want representing your university? Who do you want in that locker room? Good stuff, JDUBB. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

See, that's what I'm talking about. You have to look beyond the measurables and the recruiting service evaluations and do your own evaluation. It's not just about who you want on the field, but who do you want representing your university? Who do you want in that locker room? Good stuff, JDUBB. 

Thank you sir for finally noticing my evaluations of student athletes. Check out my daily podcast of 1077 the Vulture between 1-3 . War Eagle 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

@bigbird- 6'1 190. What do ya think?

I watched the first 5 minutes of his Hudl.  Looks like the best athlete on the field. Not a lot of DB film.  Speed seems good. Sorry that's about all I saw.

• Thanks 1

Just now, bigbird said:

I watched the first 5 minutes of his Hudl.  Looks like the best athlete on the field. Not a lot of DB film.  Speed seems good. Sorry that's about all I saw.

Nah, that's good, thanks!

20 minutes ago, AlaskanFAN said:

I guess Pritchett is no longer a take?

Not necessarily. Still may take 1 more DB after Kelly.

On 8/14/2018 at 10:42 PM, The Plainsman said:

I read them in the 90's.   Then picked up On The Road again last year... Not as good this time...  I get where your coming from... "I can dig it"

I first read On the Road in the 60s.  I will be driving to the West Coast from Alabama leaving this weekend and added it to my audible playlist for the trip. Seemed appropriate. ? 

Doubt that it will have the appeal that it had to an adolescent in the 60s but you never know. We can always dream about reliving our youth,  i.e.  felonies, drinking, womanizing, fighting, long BS sessions, doing things no sane person would do, and seeing the country through fresh eyes.  Yeah, that’s the road trip I’m looking forward too ?

• Like 2

Still boom ? booming and it’s not gonna stop!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

#8 overall recruiting class but #5 in the SEC..wow

#7 overall & #3 in the SEC respectively in rating per recruit which matters more than total score.

Edited by ellitor
  • Like 3

Commitment analysis: Auburn lands Rivals250 DB Cam'Ron Kelly

Adam Friedman

The Situation

How it helps Auburn

Gus Malzahn's squad took a pretty big defensive back class in the most recent recruiting class and they want to load up on versatile defensive backs with good speed and instincts. That description perfectly fits Kelly and what he does in the secondary. He is a stout defensive back that seems destined to play as a safety or nickel cornerback at the next level. The Tigers already hold commitments from Jaylin Simpson, Zion Puckett, and Jashawn Sheffield, with Simpson and Puckett slotted as a cornerbacks and Sheffield likely to end up as a safety, so the addition of Kelly really rounds out this defensive back class

How it hurts teams that missed

There is no doubt that losing Kelly really hurts Virginia and Virginia Tech. The Hokies do a great job of developing defensive backs like Kelly and he seemed like a perfect fit in that Bud Foster defense. Virginia has been trying desperately to land a marquee in-state commitment but that has yet to happen under Bronco Mendenhall. Some people thought Penn State could jump back into Kelly's recruitment since the loss of 2018 defensive back signee Jordan Miner due to a heart condition but the Nittany Lions have focused their recruiting efforts at the position elsewhere.

• Thanks 1