2019 4* CB Cam'Ron Kelly Transferred to UNC

WFE12

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

#7 overall & #3 in the SEC respectively in rating per recruit which matters more than total score.

Thats cool too. Either way good to see Gus and the staff have lived up to their promise to lay out their best class yet. If Pappoe butters up Haselwood (even though we dont need him) its GG

4 hours ago, fredst said:

I’ve got Goober fever

Didn’t realize Golf was contagious.

Edited by ellitor

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

It feels like a week ago we were in meltdown mode over the secondary recruiting class! losing Booth.

FIFY & some were even knowing we were in a very good spot with Zion. 1 prominent poster even proclaimed we would not get a top 10 class. It's not over yet but we are in good shape to do so.

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

But about those RB and OL...

We'll get a quality RB like always, just may not be elite. On OL it's specifically OT.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Thats cool too. Either way good to see Gus and the staff have lived up to their promise to lay out their best class yet.

Haven't seen Gus or the staff promise that. Just said had the makings to be if I recall correctly.

If Pappoe butters up Haselwood (even though we dont need him) its GG

Owen has been on Jadon but he won't be a critical factor. The staff is going to have to win it to flip him to AU.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well Donald ain't chop liver

Agree. Watching both of those guys dance in that movie....makes you realize “athleticism” isn’t just for “athletes”. Amazing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fredst said:

Agree. Watching both of those guys dance in that movie....makes you realize “athleticism” isn’t just for “athletes”. Amazing.

Very true I need to say I'm a huge fan of Donald's

• Love 1

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Very true I need to say I'm a huge fan of Donald's

One of my favorite movie sequences ever. And, huge crush on Debbie Reynolds☺️One, of my proudest moments as a father when my 3 teenage girls requested to watch “Singin’ in the Rain” with me?. Now, back to ‘cruitin’

Edited by fredst
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, fredst said:

One of my favorite movie sequences ever 

Well lets derail this thread even more

In a interview, Debbie Reynolds asked Donald how in the world did he do all those wall flipping and dance routines in Singing In The Rain, he said...I had a shot of whiskey, after that I couldn't remember anything else except I knew that I was flying around the set. Meaning, he wad dancing and jumping on the walls and did the back and front flip

• Love 1

6 hours ago, ellitor said:

Haven't seen Gus or the staff promise that. Just said had the makings to be if I recall correctly.

Owen has been on Jadon but he won't be a critical factor. The staff is going to have to win it to flip him to AU.

Did Pappoe say that? It might've been his saying around the time he promised to flip Jadon

6 hours ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

Did Pappoe say that? It might've been his saying around the time he promised to flip Jadon

He might have but what I’m telling you is it doesn’t matter. Coaches win recruiting battles 99.9% of the time, not commits even ones as great and heralded as a Owen.

So how is his name pronounced?

Cameron?

Cam-ron with no pause between the two?

or Cam________Ron with a gap? As if you're saying two names Cam, Ron.

8 hours ago, ellitor said:

He might have but what I’m telling you is it doesn’t matter. Coaches win recruiting battles 99.9% of the time, not commits even ones as great and heralded as a Owen.

Well that wasnt the main point of my post but I understand what you are saying. I do have to add that if we do flip him, a large reason of that is gonna be Owen. I cant think of anything else we can say that would be as impactful as his presence in Jadon's life

1 hour ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

I do have to add that if we do flip him, a large reason of that is gonna be Owen

He helps no doubt but wouldn't be a winning factor.

I cant think of anything else we can say that would be as impactful as his presence in Jadon's life

I think Bo & George would be more of a factor based on everything I have been told & read.

that wasnt the main point of my post

Then I don't understand what the point was.

4 hours ago, ellitor said:

He helps no doubt but wouldn't be a winning factor.

I think Bo & George would be more of a factor based on everything I have been told & read.

Then I don't understand what the point was.

The main point was that someone promised we were going to have the best class yet, that's the first thing I posted in the post you quoted lol. WHOEVER flips Haselwood was the easiest path to reaching that goal. I mentioned Owen's name because for most of us normal people without connections, what he said is the main reason there's hope in that regard.

• Like 1

The main point was that someone promised we were going to have the best class yet,

Again, have not seen that promised by anyone. Pappoe did say & maintains we get a top 5 class but haven't seen him promise it (Could have but I haven't seen it.).

Hate to bring you down to Earth but the chances are higher that UGA keeps Jadon or Miami flips him than AU flipping him. I'm not saying it's likely but the most likely 5* addition is Clay Webb.

The main point is to never believe anything anyone promises with recruiting. If a kid commits, there's a statistically high chance that commitment will stick. But nothing is ever guaranteed. And ESPECIALLY don't believe anything a recruit says or promises about anyone's recruitment other than his own. "We're gonna play together at the next level", "I'm gonna flip him", "We're gonna have the #1 class"... these things are said ad nauseam in every cycle and I'd be surprised if they're true 50% of the time. I told my girlfriend I loved her when I was 18. And I thought it was true.

Now, what I heard the coaches and analysts say is that this is going to be a very special class that we should be excited about. If we finish like we've started, then I think that will be true. Give me a decent RB, a good OL or 2, the 2 DLs we think we're getting and 2 LBs of the caliber that we can reasonably expect, and I think this is a very special class. The only big "if" I see is at OL.  

• Love 2