2018 Official Prediction Thread

corchjay

I haven't seen one yet.  I guess I'll get it started on a season outlook thread.  

Sept. 1: vs. Washington (in Atlanta) - win - I think we win by stopping the run and with special teams.  Close 27-17 but very close late in the game
Sept. 8: vs. Alabama State - win - 52-10
Sept. 15: vs. LSU - win - 30 - 17.  Payback.  Not as close as score.  Late TD by the faux Tigers
Sept. 22: vs. Arkansas - win - 44-13
Sept. 29: vs. Southern Miss - win - 40-10
Oct. 6: at Mississippi State - win - 41-20.  We get 3 INTs on 4 possessions in the middle of the game to blow it out.
Oct. 13: vs. Tennessee - win - 20-14.  Scary game the offense just doesn't click for whatever reason and Pruitt has them all out to beat AU.  We look flat.
Oct. 20: at Ole Miss - win - 33-20.  
Nov. 3: vs. Texas A&M - win - 23-20.  aTm is able to control the game with their run game and makes it sloppy.  They play ball control but we squeek it out.
Nov. 10: at Georgia - loss - 27-24.  Fromm and the WRs are the difference.  AU leads much of the game but mistakes in the 4th gives the game to the dawgs.  If this game were week 3 I'd pick a win 30-20 for the good guys.
Nov. 17: vs. Liberty - win - 1billion - 0....
Nov. 24: at Alabama - loss-  42-40.  Settle for to many FGs in an offensive shootout but a couple defensive (questionable) penalties against the Tigers in the 4th quarter keeps a bammer drive going and they take it in to take the lead late on a busted pass play. 

So 10-2 with a chance late in the season to play for a conference and national championship but disappointing losses (again) to our main rivals.  Road games are tough. 

What's yours?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m close to you

Washington 24-20 win.  Defense stops a late drive

Alabama St.  blowout

LSU 45-7. Gus does not take the foot off the gas

Arkanslaw 52-20.  Gus being friends with Morris keeps this from 60

Southern Miss 41-17

Miss State 45-24.  I agree about Fitz being a turnover machine.  Cowbells are way overrated

UT 38-10.  Neither Pruitt nor Tennessee scares me.

Ole Miss 45-24.  Similar to last year.  If there is a “letdown” game this could be it.

Tamu- 34-20.  This game makes me nervous. Fisher will have this team competing for the West but this could be personal for Gus after 2013.

THUGA- 24-21.  Everyone will say payback for the Dawgs but Auburn will win a classic between the hedges

Bammer.  31-21.  In Tua I trust to feel the pressure and make Sophmore mistakes.  

SEC Auburn 38- UGA 21.  Auburn fans will get to buy tickets this time.

playoffs Auburn 23-Clempson 10.  Kelly Bryant isn’t great

Auburn 27- Wisky 14.  Id say this would be Ohio State 2 weeks ago.  Urban Meyer’s winless streak against Auburn continues.

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

I’m close to you

Washington 24-20 win.  Defense stops a late drive

Alabama St.  blowout

LSU 45-7. Gus does not take the foot off the gas

Arkanslaw 52-20.  Gus being friends with Morris keeps this from 60

Southern Miss 41-17

Miss State 45-24.  I agree about Fitz being a turnover machine.  Cowbells are way overrated

UT 38-10.  Neither Pruitt nor Tennessee scares me.

Ole Miss 45-24.  Similar to last year.  If there is a “letdown” game this could be it.

Tamu- 34-20.  This game makes me nervous. Fisher will have this team competing for the West but this could be personal for Gus after 2013.

THUGA- 24-21.  Everyone will say payback for the Dawgs but Auburn will win a classic between the hedges

Bammer.  31-21.  In Tua I trust to feel the pressure and make Sophmore mistakes.  

SEC Auburn 38- UGA 21.  Auburn fans will get to buy tickets this time.

playoffs Auburn 23-Clempson 10.  Kelly Bryant isn’t great

Auburn 27- Wisky 14.  Id say this would be Ohio State 2 weeks ago.  Urban Meyer’s winless streak against Auburn continues.

Now THIS is a season I can get behind ?

10-2 w/ a New Year's 6 Bowl (Sugar or Fiesta probably).  More talented team this year but the schedule is just too brutal to overcome for a repeat West title.

We go 2-2 against UW, MSU, UGA, and Bama.  Just not sure which two.

Washington - Loss. line still gelling, dropoff in the backfield causes us to play too much backyard football. 

Alabama St. - win

LSU - win

Arkansas - win, but closer than expected

Southern Miss - win

@Miss State - Loss. I still expect we'll be struggling with our offensive identity and our D will wear out late. 

UT - win

@Ole Miss - win

Texas A&M - win

@UGA - loss

Liberty - win

@bama - loss

9 hours ago, corchjay said:

Sept. 1: vs. Washington (in Atlanta) - win - I agree that it will be close, but I think it will be our run game that makes a difference.
Sept. 8: vs. Alabama State - win 
Sept. 15: vs. LSU - win -   Payback big time.

Sept. 22: vs. Arkansas - win 
Sept. 29: vs. Southern Miss - win 
Oct. 6: at Mississippi State - win   Think it will be close due to being our first true road game.
Oct. 13: vs. Tennessee - win - Blowout
Oct. 20: at Ole Miss - win - ditto.  
Nov. 3: vs. Texas A&M - win - 
Nov. 10: at Georgia - loss  If this game were week 3 I'd pick a win for the good guys. I agree
Nov. 17: vs. Liberty - win .
Nov. 24: at Alabama - win-  42-40.  The tide defense won't be what it has been and Auburn will be clicking on all cylinders. 

Dec. 1: SEC Championship vs Georgia: Win- Payback for the earlier loss and last year's Championship loss. 

So 12-1 and headed to the playoffs

WAR EAGLE!!!!

I'm horrible at predictions, though I think I did pick a 10-2 regular season record last year. I'll go with 10-2 again as we lose one game we are favored in and one game where we we are the underdog. How that plays out as far as making it to the SEC game and beyond, I have no idea. I do think this team is capable of running the table barring multiple  injuries to key players.

Nicky has never beaten an AU team that finished the season with 9 or more wins. Since all of these predictions call for 9 wins by the time we get to the Iron Bowl, I’m calling the upset against Mullet Nation in Bryant Denny. WDE!!!???

18 minutes ago, Mikey said:

I'm horrible at predictions, though I think I did pick a 10-2 regular season record last year. I'll go with 10-2 again as we lose one game we are favored in and one game where we we are the underdog. How that plays out as far as making it to the SEC game and beyond, I have no idea. I do think this team is capable of running the table barring multiple  injuries to key players.

One reason I can't make predictions. 

I personally think this is the deepest team of the Malzahn era- which has included two 10-win seasons- and it might not be close. Schedule and experience are problems, though.

Would love for @StatTiger to present the total experience chart he used to do. I have a feeling that we would not be above the magic line, but we don't often have a QB and defensive front 7 this good. 

Man. Let's kick this thing off already. 

41 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Close games at TAMU and MSU

Loss to UGA

Beat UA

SECCG Beat UGA

11-1

Playoffs...

Wouldn't that be 12-1? Asking for a friend. 

2 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Wouldn't that be 12-1? Asking for a friend. 

Fixed...nice catch.

5 hours ago, bigbird said:

Close games at TAMU and MSU

Loss to UGA

Beat UA

SECCG Beat UGA

12-1

Playoffs...

I could live with that.

On 8/15/2018 at 7:59 AM, McLoofus said:

One reason I can't make predictions. 

I personally think this is the deepest team of the Malzahn era- which has included two 10-win seasons- and it might not be close. Schedule and experience are problems, though.

Would love for @StatTiger to present the total experience chart he used to do. I have a feeling that we would not be above the magic line, but we don't often have a QB and defensive front 7 this good. 

Man. Let's kick this thing off already. 

Does a returning qb and returning staff throw an asteriks into the stats?

9-3 on the season:

Sept. 1: vs. Washington (in Atlanta) - loss - 24-20 - Washington.  Auburn typically starts slow and this year will be no different.  New O-line, new starting RB and more mediocre play from the WR corps.  Auburn has chance late but losses on a bang-bang reception by Washington. 
Sept. 8: vs. Alabama State - Big win - 45-6
Sept. 15: vs. LSU - win - 42 - 17.  Things finally start to click and the team begins to show signs of cohesion.
Sept. 22: vs. Arkansas - win - 48 - 6. Arkansas is a mess.
Sept. 29: vs. Southern Miss - another easy win - 24-13 backups get some reps so score is not a blowout but we get a "W" in the left column. 
Oct. 6: at Mississippi State - win - 27-24.  First true road game.  Cowbells be a ringin' and State keeps it close.  Auburn may actually trail for much of the game but defense gets big stop or turnover late in 4th quarter and gives it back to the offense with just enough time to get a late TD for the win.
Oct. 13: vs. Tennessee - loss - 35-13.  Auburn is beatup after a tough game in Starkville.  Pruitt sells out to beat Auburn and his players respond.  Most AU fans will be shocked but Auburn looks bad in this game and gets rung up, unfortunately.
Oct. 20: at Ole Miss - win - 17-10.  The Tennessee loss still stings and Auburn is trying to recover from a disappointing loss.  But, Ole Miss is struggling too and may be doing good to be at 3-4 at this point in the season.  Auburn does just enough to get the win but does not look particularly good.
Nov. 3: vs. Texas A&M - win (but could be a loss) - 38-35.  The bye week does Auburn good and gives some much needed time to heal up.  However, Jimbo Fisher's team are believers and come in fired up.  Another close game.  Auburn may trail by as much as two scores at some point in this game and might not have enough in the end.  This game could end up as a loss.  Toss-up game in my mind.  
Nov. 10: at Georgia - win - 38-20.  Media will pick Georgia to win big.  Players will use this as motivation.  Georgia comes in over confident and makes mistakes early which is the difference in the game.
Nov. 17: vs. Liberty - win - 52-0.  Liberty may consider giving up football after this game.
Nov. 24: at Alabama - loss-  34-16.  In Tuscaloosa.  Alabama jumps out to 14-0 lead in 1st quarter.  Auburn digs in its heals and makes a game of it until 4th quarter.  Alabama gets two scores in fourth quarter to put the game away.  

8-4 season if Auburn drops the A&M game.

3 losses including one to Washington (who we'll play TWICE, including the playoffs). We'll lose 2 but still get into the playoffs. 

This year we start an impressive winning streak vs UGa, i just feel we're in Kirby's brain.

I have this dark hope we play UCF in the playoffs and win by something like 45-0.

Auburn vs. Washington - I think our Defensive Line alone is almost too much for Washington to handle. Our offense will likely be "finding its identity" over the course of the first three games so I don't see too much scoring for our Tigers. Washington will be ready and Auburn will be, well what we always are game one, flat and concerning. Still think we have enough talent alone to pull out this one with a two TD lead and an amazing defensive performance. Also, baby Legatron knocks a ridiculously long field goal through to pad the lead more. Auburn 24 - Washington 7.

Auburn vs. Alabama State - This is where I hope our Freshmen will get one of their five games. After the 1's have established utter dominance I say let the young pups loose and keep the NFL/Award hopefuls in long enough to pad some stats. Great game to establish the Running Backs. Auburn 56 - Alabama State 17

Auburn vs. LSU - Man I'm still bitter we didn't break our Baton Rouge losing streak last year. We were a way better team than LSU and I'm still salty. Oh well, I think we thump them at home this year. They don't have a Fournette or Guice and I'm not too concerned about their passing attack. Our defense should suffocate them and our offense should start to turn the corner. Auburn 41 - LSU 14.

Auburn vs. Arkansas - I very earnestly believe that Arkansas is going to be hot garbage this year. Gus really enjoys putting it to Arkansas and I'll enjoy watching our offense continue to thrive. I'm going big here ladies and gentlemen. If it gets bad I would love for this to be our Freshmens' second game of live action; going against an SEC team even in trash time would be awesome. Auburn 54 - Arkansas 10.

Auburn vs. Southern Miss - This is the third game that I'd aim to get our Freshmen heavily involved with. It'll be nice to have this before the Moo State game which could be difficult. Snooze, there's no second coming of Brett Favre at Southern Miss this year. I want a shutout dangit! Auburn 63 - Southern Miss 0.

Auburn at Mississippi State - I just don't see the Moo State hype. Without Dan Mullen this team takes a huge step backwards even with a solid amount of returning talent. We do oddly seem to struggle with them at times but I can't see us stumbling too much before a long stretch of SEC play. Auburn 38 - Moo State 24.

Auburn vs. Tennessee - Smells like a blowout to me. First year with a head coach that I'm not even sold on in the first place; not to mention it's at home. I do think that Tennessee has some good athletes and a decent enough foundation to keep it entertaining at the very least. The Vols get a touchdown in trash time to make it respectable. Auburn 42 - Tennessee 21

Auburn at Ole Miss -   Copy and paste my answer about Arkansas. Only difference is we embarrass them at their own stadium. This would be my fourth game that I would allow Freshmen to get some valuable time playing. Auburn 57 - Ole Miss 14

Auburn vs. Texas A&M - If this game were early in the year I think we blow them out. However, Jimbo should have the Aggies in decent shape by this point in the season. Our defense struggles a little against his offense and our offense gets caught looking ahead a little. Auburn 31 - TAMU 24

Auburn at Georgia - Absolutely hate having Georgia and Alabama away in the same year but it's time we ended this dumb streak in athens. We're the better team, we're the better fanbase, and I'm tired of losing to them when we shouldn't. I really believe their QB battle is going to hurt them more than benefit them and they haven't not had Chubb there in what seems like twelve years. Kirby Smart takes one on the chin at home. Auburn 38 - Georgia 21

Auburn vs. Liberty - Final game for Freshmen to play and maintain eligibility. much need breather going into the Iron Bowl and it should be a nice scoring fest after playing so many SEC teams in a row. It will be nice to take a breather so to speak. Defense doesn't try too hard because the offense has this one covered. Auburn 49 - Liberty 21

Auburn at Alabama - I like our odds against Hurts and one half of football game does not a Heisman candidate make. They lose a lot of experience from last year and I think it's fair to say they won't be as good this year. Harris is a beast at Running Back but if there is any front 7 that can slow him down it should be ours. It being away is definitely a downer but I think we pull through. We maintain control of most of the game but the Turds get some dumb flee flicker play on us to make it close. Auburn 28 - Alabama 21

We rematch with Georgia in the SECCG again because the East is poop. This time we thump them to prove a point. Final four in the playoffs 1. Auburn 2. Clemson 3. Penn State 4. Oklahoma

We thump Oklahoma as payback for our terrible bowl game against them. Penn State upsets Clemson (but Clemson wasn't ready because they don't really play anyone). Auburn handles Penn State similar to how we beat Oregon; the score will stay close but we will simply out play them.

JS wins the Heisman

Damien Harris gets the RB award that I can't currently remember the name of.

R. Davis breaks 1,000 yards and NCM is a big play machine. K-Mart leads the SEC in touchdowns but not yards

Lose to Washington, Ga, and the turds, and then go on to lose the bowl game. 9-4

29 minutes ago, CullmanTiger said:

Lose to Washington, Ga, and the turds, and then go on to lose the bowl game. 9-4

I bet you're fun at parties

17 hours ago, Shift said:

9-3 on the season:

Sept. 1: vs. Washington (in Atlanta) - loss - 24-20 - Washington.  Auburn typically starts slow and this year will be no different.  New O-line, new starting RB and more mediocre play from the WR corps.  Auburn has chance late but losses on a bang-bang reception by Washington. 
Sept. 8: vs. Alabama State - Big win - 45-6
Sept. 15: vs. LSU - win - 42 - 17.  Things finally start to click and the team begins to show signs of cohesion.
Sept. 22: vs. Arkansas - win - 48 - 6. Arkansas is a mess.
Sept. 29: vs. Southern Miss - another easy win - 24-13 backups get some reps so score is not a blowout but we get a "W" in the left column. 
Oct. 6: at Mississippi State - win - 27-24.  First true road game.  Cowbells be a ringin' and State keeps it close.  Auburn may actually trail for much of the game but defense gets big stop or turnover late in 4th quarter and gives it back to the offense with just enough time to get a late TD for the win.
Oct. 13: vs. Tennessee - loss - 35-13.  Auburn is beatup after a tough game in Starkville.  Pruitt sells out to beat Auburn and his players respond.  Most AU fans will be shocked but Auburn looks bad in this game and gets rung up, unfortunately.
Oct. 20: at Ole Miss - win - 17-10.  The Tennessee loss still stings and Auburn is trying to recover from a disappointing loss.  But, Ole Miss is struggling too and may be doing good to be at 3-4 at this point in the season.  Auburn does just enough to get the win but does not look particularly good.
Nov. 3: vs. Texas A&M - win (but could be a loss) - 38-35.  The bye week does Auburn good and gives some much needed time to heal up.  However, Jimbo Fisher's team are believers and come in fired up.  Another close game.  Auburn may trail by as much as two scores at some point in this game and might not have enough in the end.  This game could end up as a loss.  Toss-up game in my mind.  
Nov. 10: at Georgia - win - 38-20.  Media will pick Georgia to win big.  Players will use this as motivation.  Georgia comes in over confident and makes mistakes early which is the difference in the game.
Nov. 17: vs. Liberty - win - 52-0.  Liberty may consider giving up football after this game.
Nov. 24: at Alabama - loss-  34-16.  In Tuscaloosa.  Alabama jumps out to 14-0 lead in 1st quarter.  Auburn digs in its heals and makes a game of it until 4th quarter.  Alabama gets two scores in fourth quarter to put the game away.  

8-4 season if Auburn drops the A&M game.

There is no way we lose by three TDs to Tennessee and beat Georgia by over two TDs.

I want an absolute annihilation of LSU in which Gus saves and uses all three of his timeouts until the end.

Archived