AU - 41. Tx A&M - 24  Tigers pull away late

AU - 24. UGA - 28  UGA scores late to seal win

AU - 72  Liberty - 0  Everybody plays

AU - 31  bama - 21  Hard fought win

AU - 28  UGA - 17  Once again, only 2 loss team to make playoff

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wahington: 27–17 win. For the same reason people think Auburn may lose, I believe Washington will have an issue getting their offense going. A legit quarterback and running back, yes. However their top lineman, albeit a great one, is coming off an ACL tear and they have almost no production from a pass-catching standpoint. Going against a top notch pass rush and pass defense, it will be hard for them to get that rhythm going.

LSU: 24–6 win. LSU’s offense against AU’s defense in JHS’s first big home game? Lol good luck

Arkansas: 59–10 win. Arkansas is just plain bad for now. They’ll be respectable under Morris soon but not this season.

MSU: 20–13 win. I know they are a popular flop pick among AU fans, but I think they are legit. Built very similarly to us and with those freaking unfair cowbells. Quick throws to RDavis and Barrett make the difference.

Tennessee: 31–13 win. See Arkansas.

Ole Miss: 52–24 win. Good offense...defense, what defense?

TAMU: 31–20 win. JHS is rockin’! Good game.

UGA: 24–21 win. Legatron Jr. with the walk-off. Game of the year. UGA fans bashed for using racial slurs after the game — okay not so bold there.

Bama: 17–20 loss. Broken-hearted even typing this. I think we match up well but I’ll believe a win at them once I see it.

Good enough for playoffs! WDE

On 8/14/2018 at 9:27 PM, Win4AU said:

playoffs Auburn 23-Clempson 10.  Kelly Bryant isn’t great

Auburn 27- Wisky 14.  Id say this would be Ohio State 2 weeks ago.  Urban Meyer’s winless streak against Auburn continues.

Playing Clemson, then Wisky would be torture for my OOC opponent fatigue. 

We’re not losing to Washington boys. War Eagle

Lose to UW, UGA and turds. Even yr woes continue...

10-3.  We’ll actually win the bowl game and have back to back 10 win seasons. 

We go 12 and 0 in regular and win the SECCG but it won’t be against uga. I think USCe will be the surprise in the east. Think uga gets too much credit last year due the having one of the best RB tandems in CF, and us not having a healthy one for the SECCG. Washington might be our closest game due to it being early. Big possibility we win all 13 by double digits. Our defense will average more than 6 points per game.

I really need to take bets on this UW game. Really could use a new tv.

Wash game sets the tone. Early season issues will strike but AU wins by 10. Also miss state will need to get a heck of a lot better in a short time to beat AU. Cow bells are overrated and are just annoying not scary. Fitz is good for at least 2 turnovers. AU will lose to 1 team this year before SEC champ game. Maybe aTm

glad to see the update from my prediction thread back at the end of last year. so after all of spring and summer I still stand as is, 8-4.

i think we lose to washington, georgia, bama, and 1 of a&m, lsu, or miss st. the home team of our game and a&m has never won, so maybe finally it changes perhapss...

lsu obvious revenge game but still, lsu. miss st is not cakewalk and they will circle us twice this year.

GA we havent beaten since 2005 there, wow! bama they are just better all around. the qb. similar to jason white days at OK. team is so good qb doesnt have to play that well.

On 8/15/2018 at 5:31 AM, aucom96 said:

Washington - Loss. line still gelling, dropoff in the backfield causes us to play too much backyard football. 

Alabama St. - win

LSU - win

Arkansas - win, but closer than expected

Southern Miss - win

@Miss State - Loss. I still expect we'll be struggling with our offensive identity and our D will wear out late. 

UT - win

@Ole Miss - win

Texas A&M - win

@UGA - loss

Liberty - win

@bama - loss

Washington will be tough, but I’m expecting our D to be the difference. Last time Browning played an SEC defense, Washington scored 7 points. 

MSU, I believe, is overrated. New coach, turnover prone QB. Don’t think we’ll have a big problem with MSU. I could be wrong, but really am gonna need to see them succeed before I say they’re gonna be any better than years past 

On 8/15/2018 at 5:31 AM, aucom96 said:

Washington - Loss. line still gelling, dropoff in the backfield causes us to play too much backyard football. 

Alabama St. - win

LSU - win

Arkansas - win, but closer than expected

Southern Miss - win

@Miss State - Loss. I still expect we'll be struggling with our offensive identity and our D will wear out late. 

UT - win

@Ole Miss - win

Texas A&M - win

@UGA - loss

Liberty - win

@bama - loss

Washington will be tough, but I’m expecting our D to be the difference. Last time Browning played an SEC defense, Washington scored 7 points. 

MSU, I believe, is overrated. New coach, turnover prone QB. Don’t think we’ll have a big problem with MSU. I could be wrong, but really am gonna need to see them succeed before I say they’re gonna be any better than years past 

To RIR, Golf and bird:

order extra disinfectant and spray well seems board is becoming infected with a lot of bammer trolls lately. Not unusual for this time of the season they are getting worried as to how  many times they can continue to get the BSPN guys to talk them into a playoff game through the Back door. WDE

4 losses during the regular season.  Washington (Gus never starts the season well), GA, Al, and one other "stupid" loss that will have the fans screaming for Gus' head. (LSU? TAMU? Miss St.?)

Sorry but I guess I'm in the camp that thinks our offensive line is going to struggle.  It's amazing how a bad offensive line can make every other aspect of the game struggle.

Hope I'm wrong.  If we go out and bare butt spank Washington, then I will change my attitude.

WU- 28-17. Our D shuts down Browning and Gaskin. K-Mart scoots for 125 and Stidham has 3 TD passes. 

Alabama St.-  56-13. Malik Willis gets some valuable time in the second half. 

LSWho- 31-16. Game looks closer because of a late TD by LSWho. NCM balls out in this game over supposed "DBU". 

Arky- 38-13.  We look a little flat early but wake up second half. 

USM- 34-7. D almost has a shutout but a late TD comes from freshman backups in the game. 

MSU- 31-21.  The pups are out for revenge and with Fitz, a solid D line, and being at home keep things interesting for a little. 

Tenn- 49-13. Pruitt's history of shutting down Malzahn offenses end here. 

Ole Miss- 34-10. Don't see this being close even away from Jordan-Hare.   

Tamu- 30-21. Think this game goes similar to MSU where its close till the end when AU pulls away. Trap game. 

THUGA- 41-27.  Call me crazy but I think we finally crush the leg humpers between the hedges. Their defense isn't what it was last year. 

Turds-  24-17. Lil Satan continues his inability to beat a 9+ win AU team. West Vance feels their reign is over. 

SECCG- AU 30- THUGA 28. Due to the grueling schedule we are battered like last season, but this time bowl cut can't jump around like a 5 year old at a birthday party after the game. 

playoffs-TBD

Still feel we have a great chance at winning every game. Call it sunshine pumping but I think we start to show our dominance as the new power in the SEC West. 

16 hours ago, auburnphan said:

Gus will not Gus a game this season.

Now that is a bold statement.  It needs to go in the Mark My Word thread.

WASH - W  27-21 ---> We kick a FG with a little over a minute left after failing to put the game away on third down. Washington drives to around midfield, but time runs out.

ASU - W 52 - 7 

LSU - W 34- 10  ----> This game will look a lot like 2014. Line is gelling well.

Arkansas -  W 35 - 10 -----> Arky not good

Southern Miss - W 41 - 6 ---> USM lost their QB

MSU -  W 38 - 17  --->  Don't believe the hype. Their line is good but Fitz is overrated according to me. Auburn O-line has gelled fully.

Tennessee - W 51 - 19 ----> We show Wanya a real program

Ole Miss - W 42 - 21 ----> We come out sluggish but put it away fairly early into second half

TAMU - W 33 - 23   ----> I could see Jimbo having A&M ready to go this year for an 8-4 year or so. I don't think that includes a win over us. Home team wins for 1st time.

UGA - L 34-24    ----> This could be our screw up game. Gus kinda of goes into that shell after the 1st half and we get anemic for a few drives. 

Liberty - W 52-6 

Bama - W 36 - 28 ---> Gus always leaves something up his sleeve for Bama. We've been competitive in the fourth quarter every year Gus has been here. With an experienced QB and defense, we take this one.

SECCG vs UGA - W 41-27  We figure this one out. UGA lost a lot of their defense. Our first game will be because we beat ourselves. We won't beat ourselves in this one. 

We make playoffs as #2 seed. 

I've gone back and forth on this several times.  I can see the season going 2 different ways:

Option A - Gus has implemented some necessary changes.  The mutual trust and cohesiveness of the staff makes a huge difference.  We go 15-0 and win us a Natty!  We have some tight games and it takes our O a little time to get going in some games, but the D is rock solid and bails us out when those times occur.

Option B - The talk of changes doesn't come to fruition because Gus still lacks trust when the pressure is on and his stubbornness prevails.  We lose to UW out of the gate, lose both Amen corner games, and one we really shouldn't lose (I'm guessing A&M) to finish 8-4.  

Since it's preseason and we're still undefeated right now, I will choose option A.

2 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I've gone back and forth on this several times.  I can see the season going 2 different ways:

Option A - Gus has implemented some necessary changes.  The mutual trust and cohesiveness of the staff makes a huge difference.  We go 15-0 and win us a Natty!  We have some tight games and it takes our O a little time to get going in some games, but the D is rock solid and bails us out when those times occur.

Option B - The talk of changes doesn't come to fruition because Gus still lacks trust when the pressure is on and his stubbornness prevails.  We lose to UW out of the gate, lose both Amen corner games, and one we really shouldn't lose (I'm guessing A&M) to finish 8-4.  

Since it's preseason and we're still undefeated right now, I will choose option A.

Consider your post copy & pasted under my name.

?

4 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I like option A as well. It seems kind of like a "do or die" season for us tbh. Next year we'll be very uncertain at QB and LB, the leaders of the Offense and Defense. Not being pessimistic, because we do have excellent talent on its way, but I think 2018-19 will be a much better chance at the big game then 2019-20.

3 hours ago, Zeek said:

I like option A as well. It seems kind of like a "do or die" season for us tbh. Next year we'll be very uncertain at QB and LB, the leaders of the Offense and Defense. Not being pessimistic, because we do have excellent talent on its way, but I think 2018-19 will be a much better chance at the big game then 2019-20.

I agree.   It seems like we have experience in the right places to do really well this year.  Next year we’ll be breaking in a new QB, HB, top WR, probably at least a few stars along the DL, our entire LB core, as well as 1 or 2 stars at DB.  Like you said, we will have talent in those spots, but very little experience at many of them.  

3 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

I agree.   It seems like we have experience in the right places to do really well this year.  Next year we’ll be breaking in a new QB, HB, top WR, probably at least a few stars along the DL, our entire LB core, as well as 1 or 2 stars at DB.  Like you said, we will have talent in those spots, but very little experience at many of them.  

No pressure Gus and Co. lol

I wonder if that outlook will make more guys attempt to jump to pro earlier? This forum will be fun next offseason.

Here is the sunshine report :jossun:

No score predictions, but I believe this is the year that my man-crush, Gus, grows up. I think he learns to trust. He seems so much happier in all the interviews I've seen/heard him in. He's way more relaxed. I think he believes everything is clicking and the vibe feels right. I get the sense that there is no drama this year, the team is cohesive, and the coaching staff is unified. As long as we don't get bit by the injury bug, I think we can have a loss-free season. 

2 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Here is the sunshine report :jossun:

No score predictions, but I believe this is the year that my man-crush, Gus, grows up. I think he learns to trust. He seems so much happier in all the interviews I've seen/heard him in. He's way more relaxed. I think he believes everything is clicking and the vibe feels right. I get the sense that there is no drama this year, the team is cohesive, and the coaching staff is unified. As long as we don't get bit by the injury bug, I think we can have a loss-free season. 

Nice thoughts there.  Slight derail,  how was your first week or two of school with your little ones? 

Archived