Mark My Word 2018

DaddyBoyAU

While we are waiting on @WarTim to call The Nip, let's get Mark My Word started for this year.  If you're not familiar, see the links below for prior years' threads.  Basically, come up with a prediction that you believe will happen, against the odds or your better judgement.  So here's how it works:

Make your boldest college football related prediction. It cannot be a wimpy prediction that you know will likely come true (e.g. "Auburn Beats Alabama State!") or one that many people believe anyway, but a prediction that almost no one else but you expects to happen. Maybe something that you have a gut feeling about, something that may defy logical thinking. It's got to be College Football related and could concern game outcomes, coach issues, final schedules, etc.  You can also make AUFamily related predictions (regarding a member, The Nip, Touchdown Auburn Bowl, etc.).   After the season, we can revive this thread and see how our predictions turned out.

I'm not going to bring up the bold predictions I made last year, or even the year before; they didn't turn out so well :dead:. But new folks can look back in the archives for the other Mark My Word threads if you want to get an idea of how this works:

Mark My Word 2017
Mark My Word 2016
Mark My Word 2015
Mark My Word 2014
Mark My Word 2013
Mark My Word 2012
Mark My Word 2011
Mark My Word 2010
Mark My Word 2009
Mark My Word 2008
Mark My Word 2007
Mark My Word 2006
Mark My Word 2005

In any case, here are the rules:

No wimpy predictions. Penalty for a wimpy prediction: 15 yards and you sit out next play.

No flaming on the thread. If you don't agree with someone's Mark My Word prediction and want to tell them how crazy they are, take it to another thread. This is just for the bold predictions. Penalty for flaming on the thread: 10 yards from the spot of the foul and loss of down.
* One exception: you may flame someone who makes a wimpy prediction. Because they deserve it. Judgement call by the referee.

Most importantly: you must begin each prediction with "Mark My Word". Because you are sure of it. (And it's in the spirit of the thread.) 1st infraction is a sideline warning, 2nd infraction 15 yards.

You don't necessarily have to explain why you believe the way you do, but if you want to elaborate, go ahead.

No edits once the season begins - although I doubt people would change their predictions to match the season, just want to make it clear.

I'll get this started:

Mark my word:  Alabama loses to Texas A&M
Mark my word:  Auburn makes the four team playoff
Mark my word:  DaddyBoyAU becomes the first two time Touchdown Auburn Bowl winner.  

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MArk my word: USCe beats uga

Mark my word: This will be the first year of the playoffs without bama, osu, or clemson.

Mark my word: This will be the year the  1,000 rusher streak ends (due to splitting the carries between 2-3 backs every game). 

Mark my words: Alabama has 2 regular season losses.
Mark my words: South Carolina wins the SEC East.
Mark my words: Auburn has a 1,000 yard receiver.
Mark my words: Auburn has at least 2 defensive All-SEC first teamers on the defensive line.

MMW:. KMart will have 1300 APY

MMW: J. Davis leads the team in INTs

MMW: AU finishes as a Top 5 D

MMW: We have 3 receivers over 750 yards

MMW: Arky will finish 3rd in the SECW

MMW: UF wins the East

MMW: 4 team playoff

1. Auburn

2. Wisconsin

3. Miami

4. Oklahoma

Mark My Words: Auburn beats LSU by the largest margin in 30 years

Mark My Words: Auburn will have a a 1k yard receiver and 1k yard rusher

Mark My Words:  Auburn will return a kickoff or punt for a TD.  I can’t remember the last time this happened 

MMW:  The criminal tide will lose three games this season, blamed on discord within the team.  Saban, who can't tolerate having his decisions questioned, will leave for another job after this season.

MMW:  At least one SEC game will be rescheduled because of hurricane Gordon.

MMW:   This season's leading receiver and running back will be in their first year playing for AU.

33 minutes ago, VicTree said:

MMW:  The criminal tide will lose three games this season, blamed on discord within the team.  Saban, who can't tolerate having his decisions questioned, will leave for another job after this season.

MMW:  At least one SEC game will be rescheduled because of hurricane Gordon.

MMW:   This season's leading receiver and running back will be in their first year playing for AU.

Did you have to google the hurricane names to post this? 

Mark My Word:  Auburn Offense is going to start out fast hitting on all cylinders.

Mark My Word: Stidham is going to be nominated for the Heisman (not ready to say he will win it yet)

Mark My Word: Gus is going to let Chip call all of the offensive plays (except for the head coaching ones like going for it on 4th down).

MMW: We will have
0 RBs over 250 carries
1 RB over 200 carries
2 RBs over 150 carries
3 RBs over 100 carries
and a quarterback with 20 fewer carries than last season (<=83)

MMW: We will not have a player equal Jeff Holland's 9.5 sacks from last year, but we will have more total sacks as a team. (Don't remember if the total from last season was 32 or 34.)

MMW: Sal Canella will catch at least 2 touchdown passes. 

MMW: Ryan Davis will throw one of them.

MMW: We will see 5 players play without losing a year of eligibility. 

MMW: Iggy will return both a kick and a pick for touchdowns. 

Mark my word: 

Auburn has first 4000 yard qb, Auburn has 1000  yard rusher, and Auburn has 1000 yard receiver in 2018/19

Mark my word:

•Auburn totes a loss or two this year, but not because the coaches pulled the rug, and not because we stick to a predictable game plan that includes injured key components.

•Cannela, Sandberg, and Whitlow will be household names by season's end, prompting unprecedented offseason optimism in the coaches and team at-large. Some polls elevate Auburn to pre-season number one.

•Pruitt is a bust, Tennessee foil hats believe Saban has shadow coordinators, and planted Pruitt for the sole diabolical purpose of seeing him swept up by a rival, lol.

•In the next 365 days, a "me too" accuser comes out against Kirby Smart, which opens the door for multiple accusers to come forward. News reports of thuga fans jumping off buildings.

52 minutes ago, WaynesAUworld said:

Pretty bold and creative.  Worthy of applause. 

1 hour ago, Win4AU said:

Mark My Words: Auburn beats LSU by the largest margin in 30 years

Mark My Words: Auburn will have a a 1k yard receiver and 1k yard rusher

Mark My Words:  Auburn will return a kickoff or punt for a TD.  I can’t remember the last time this happened 

Auburn vs Tennessee  2013   Corey Grant returned a kick of 90 yds and Chris Davis took a punt back for 85 yds. 

I'll do three

Mark My Words: Auburn goes undefeated and JS gets the Heisman.

Mark My Words: Georgia has a quarterback dilemma because Fromm isn't flashy and the game is too fast for Fields. They lose twice this year but still win the East.

Mark My Words: Mississippi State finishes 5th in the SEC West

32 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Mark my word:

•Auburn totes a loss or two this year, but not because the coaches pulled the rug, and not because we stick to a predictable game plan that includes injured key components.

•Cannela, Sandberg, and Whitlow will be household names by season's end, prompting unprecedented offseason optimism in the coaches and team at-large. Some polls elevate Auburn to pre-season number one.

•Pruitt is a bust, Tennessee foil hats believe Saban has shadow coordinators, and planted Pruitt for the sole diabolical purpose of seeing him swept up by a rival, lol.

•In the next 365 days, a "me too" accuser comes out against Kirby Smart, which opens the door for multiple accusers to come forward. News reports of thuga fans jumping off buildings.

• Not too bold but fair
  • I can't see Sandberg getting much of a chance to shine. Not buying any Cannela hype yet.
  • I could see this lol
  • Not sure I see Kirby as that type of guy but I could see a $$$ paying players bust

1 hour ago, toddc said:

Mark my word: 

Auburn has first 4000 yard qb, Auburn has 1000  yard rusher, and Auburn has 1000 yard receiver in 2018/19

I can't tell you how bad I want a 1,000 yard receiver 

1 hour ago, SumterAubie said:

MMW: Auburn is 9-0 going to Athens.
MMW: LSU has a losing record  

MMW:Orgeron is fired.

Yes to the last two. I don't think he is a long term answer there. He would be excellent in the AAC or something like that.

Same with Ole Miss' coach

MMW:  AU goes to it's third straight NY6 Bowl, but actually wins this time.

MMW:  USCe wins the East thanks to a much improved offense.

MMW:  Ole Miss, on probation, wins 8 games including their opener against Texas Tech & the Egg Bowl.

MMW:  Power 5 conference champs - Alabama, Stanford, Michigan State, Clemson, Texas

1 hour ago, WaynesAUworld said:

I thought as long as I was going out on a limb I might as well be specific.  It was a tossup between Gordon and Florence.

MMW: Georgia loses 3 games this season.

MMW: Alabama loses to Auburn by 2 touchdowns.

MMW: Tennessee gives Auburn a game until late in the 4th quarter. 

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

MMW: We will have
0 RBs over 250 carries
1 RB over 200 carries
2 RBs over 150 carries
3 RBs over 100 carries
and a quarterback with 20 fewer carries than last season (<=83)

MMW: We will not have a player equal Jeff Holland's 9.5 sacks from last year, but we will have more total sacks as a team. (Don't remember if the total from last season was 32 or 34.)

MMW: Sal Canella will catch at least 2 touchdown passes. 

MMW: Ryan Davis will throw one of them.

MMW: We will see 5 players play without losing a year of eligibility. 

MMW: Iggy will return both a kick and a pick for touchdowns. 

Emphasis mine.

MMW - In a late, 4th and loong,

we line up in punt formation behind an unbalanced line, and run an RKO.

Resulting drop-kicked FG, thanks to subsequent stout D, is the winning margin.

MMW Boobee will be our do-it-all kid.

MMW we will give up WAY more big plays than hoped on D.

MMW Jarrett will need shoulder surgery after this season.

MMW this will be JBs last season coaching.

MMW we will have more players throw TDs than any team in the country 

MMW we will play Washington TWICE

MMW we lose 3 games this season

Archived