2018 Fall Camp - Scrimmage 2

RunInRed

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glad the OL picture is becoming clear. Time to lock down the starters and get some reps in. Not excited to hear RBs fumbling though. That's the main thing that worries me about this group of RBs being they are so young; but talented

Scoop and score isn’t the kind of big play I was hoping for.

would love to see Willis or Gatewood used like D Craig back in the day in the wildcat. Get some game reps in where they might actually pass.  A passing threat in the wildcat could open the run even more.

75-80 running plays, 2 fumbles, at least one of them was during the 20 plays the 3s ran. I can live with that. Only 1 experienced RB against the best DL in the country and possibly the best front 7 in the conference? Yeah. I'll sleep tonight. 

-- Injury updates: Daquan Newkirk and Nick Brahms both got some individual work and one-on-one opportunities. Malzahn was "encouraged" to see those guys. No updated timetable for Will Hastings and Eli Stove.

-- "Huge focus" is improving kickoff coverage, which Auburn was very bad at last season.

-- Coynis Miller "has a skill set" but they're trying to get him in shape so he can get on the field early this season.

-- Last two practices of fall camp, before classes start next week, will be a lot of situational work. May do a scrimmage for the younger players on Sunday if they feel they need more info.

-- Planning a movie night and rookie night, maybe some bowling and stuff. Fall camp "has been good so far, but we got to finish this thing -- finish it and build a foundation for this first game."

https://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2018/08/gus_malzahn_live_2nd_scrimmage.html#incart_river_index

35 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

75-80 running plays, 2 fumbles, at least one of them was during the 20 plays the 3s ran. I can live with that. Only 1 experienced RB against the best DL in the country and possibly the best front 7 in the conference? Yeah. I'll sleep tonight. 

Well played.

12 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm just here to tuck you guys in at night.

No thanks ? 

GLad to see coynis Miller getting ready . He is going to be a force by game 6. Strongest guy in his recruiting class by a mile 

41 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I'm just here to tuck you guys in at night.

As long as you warm my milk and have my blanky...we good

Okay so I better see some Seth Williams on opening day. Don’t want to hear this nonsense about needing to block better on the perimeter or he isn’t running extra, extra crispy routes in practice . Veteran players have already acknowledge the young players making impact plays. Give them chances.

Archived