2018 Fall Camp - Scrimmage 2

RunInRed

17 hours ago, DAG said:

Okay so I better see some Seth Williams on opening day. Don’t want to hear this nonsense about needing to block better on the perimeter or he isn’t running extra, extra crispy routes in practice . Veteran players have already acknowledge the young players making impact plays. Give them chances.

More likely to see a lot of snaps for the new guys in game 2. I can see not wanting to do excessive foot-wetting vs Washington.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

If Gatewood has Cam size and stature it should be a lock you let him take it.  Cam was automatic within 2 yards. 

Respectfully, I think it diminishes Cam to suggest that anyone with his size and stature is capable of what he is capable of. 

18 hours ago, DAG said:

Warning: under is me complaining about the Wildcat

if it is successful whatever, but I just don’t understand why JG and MW aren’t taking the direct snaps for wildcat. Granted Cox has that background with direct snaps, especially from high school , but don’t both JG and MW give you the best of both worlds?

End: Me whining and crying like a prissy little girl.

It is just a hunch, but I think they are looking at using it only at the goal line or short yardage.  I would prefer just getting in the power I, but that really does not matter.

1 hour ago, Mikey said:

One would hope so. The last time I checked, that was during the Georgia game, we were DEAD LAST in the entire NCAA in kickoff coverage. Also, 113th in punt coverage. We have too many athletes on the squad to be anywhere near those horrible levels.

It seems to me that the schools that make it an honor and toughness thing to be on kickoff team do the best. 

4 hours ago, Mikey said:

More likely to see a lot of snaps for the new guys in game 2. I can see not wanting to do excessive foot-wetting vs Washington.

Good point. That could be true, but I am always of the belief that big-time players make plays during big moments. Maybe, he can be our freshman to make a name early on.

3 hours ago, auburnphan said:

It seems to me that the schools that make it an honor and toughness thing to be on kickoff team do the best. 

at one point a few years ago, Boulware, made a huge emphasis on how a persons NFL prospects improved if they were an elite special teams player.  we had starters making all kinds of plays on special teams.

i did a quick search and apparently Boulware is still coaching ST/tight ends for Oklahoma.  Man he did an awesome job, if I recall.

8 minutes ago, mustache eagle said:

at one point a few years ago, Boulware, made a huge emphasis on how a persons NFL prospects improved if they were an elite special teams player.  we had starters making all kinds of plays on special teams.

i did a quick search and apparently Boulware is still coaching ST/tight ends for Oklahoma.  Man he did an awesome job, if I recall.

He was a beast.

My boy Sip ain’t losing that punting battle. Not even close.

2 hours ago, tbone4jc said:

Boobie= Mario Fannin 2.0. Hope om wrong. MF had so much talent but could not hold the ball

Mario didn't have natural RB instincts. Ran too upright and took a lot of unnecessary big hits too. 

14 hours ago, johnnyAU said:

Mario didn't have natural RB instincts. Ran too upright and took a lot of unnecessary big hits too. 

He was well on his way to being a legit NFL RB at Denver. Injuries are the only thing that prevented him from hanging around the league for awhile. 

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

He was well on his way to being a legit NFL RB at Denver. Injuries are the only thing that prevented him from hanging around the league for awhile. 

Good for him. That means he improved on his vision, instincts and fumbling issues.  Tough that he had those injury problems. He was a tremendous athlete. 

I still remember the mash up made from his long run vs West Virginia I think. 

1 minute ago, johnnyAU said:

Good for him. That means he improved on his vision, instincts and fumbling issues.  Tough that he had those injury problems. He was a tremendous athlete. 

I still remember the mash up made from his long run vs West Virginia I think. 

Actually the same report on Grant, minus the fumbling issues. I guess just neither thrived as the primary RB in our scheme. Great at what they did while they were here, though. 

Archived