softball 2018 Fall schedule

Now up on Auburn Athletics site.  Begins September 21.  Last game October 18.   Total 8 games all at Auburn and all free admission.  Seems we should be hearing about practice starting soon.

2018 Auburn Fall Schedule
Sept. 21 vs. Wallace State CC-Dothan (5:30 p.m.)
Sept. 23 vs. Wallace State CC-Hanceville (1:00 p.m.)
Sept. 23 vs. Northwest Florida State CC (3:30 p.m.)
Sept. 28 vs. Auburn University at Montgomery (6:00 p.m.)
Oct. 5 vs. TBA (6:00 p.m.)
Oct. 7 vs. North Georgia (1:00 p.m.)
Oct. 7 vs. Valdosta State (3:30 p.m.)
Oct. 18 vs. Snead State (6:00 p.m.)

I am going to add this here as part of the "fall ball" topic though not directly related to the fall schedule. I received an email from Coach Dean relating some recent improvements and soliciting donations to the On Deck Club (softball support) through Tigers Unlimited. Apparently the team room has had some improvements with addition of some cabinets and a desk area as well as new paint and carpet and furniture upgrades. One thing that was interesting was the batting cage getting new turf and renovated to make it lighting proof so it can be used during inclement weather. also looking at a way to replace and modify netting which would allow them to practice defense in that area. I thought the Board had allocated funds for an indoor facility that would do just that......this may be a temporary approach until the new facility comes to fruition. Plans this year to replace outfield padding as well as adding padding along the bullpens. Looking at future plans to resurface the field and locker room improvements. I feel these gals work hard and deserve any upgrades the athletic department can provide to make them more comfortable and safer.

Thanks for sharing.  Looks like the typical fall ball schedule, but sometimes we get surprised.  Last year we played Chipola, who had Krystal Goodman.  She held us to two runs, I think, and has now transferred to alabama.

Actually they have 3 pitchers coming in.  Montana Fouts (recruit), Sarah Cornell (Hofstra), and Goodman.  Fouts is also a batswoman, don't know about the other two.

Archived