A good detailed analysis of Stidham

Howard Roark

Long but absolutely mana for true Auburn football geeks like us.?. Jarrett's apparent sky-is-the-limit potential (comparisons with Andrew Luck) but also his glaring tendencies to make scarry ill-timed, late throws and to frequently bobble snaps (even with a seasoned center in 2017). Wish they'd spent more time on my #1 Stidham concern: learning when and how to throw away the ball w/out grounding, rather than taking a loss. 

8 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Long but absolutely mana for true Auburn football geeks like us.?. Jarrett's apparent sky-is-the-limit potential (comparisons with Andrew Luck) but also his glaring tendencies to make scarry ill-timed, late throws and to frequently bobble snaps (even with a seasoned center in 2017). Wish they'd spent more time on my #1 Stidham concern: learning when and how to throw away the ball w/out grounding, rather than taking a loss. 

this drives me nuts. C to QB is fundamental. You can't have bad snaps or bobbled reception.  He even did it in a video from practice this fall and I just cringed.

13 hours ago, aujeff11 said:

54 minutes long? Damn.

It might be long, but it is some good content.  They do a good job of pointing out Stidham's strengths and weaknesses.  Also, you really get a feel for how quickly a QB needs to make a decision.  

16 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Stid got better at this as the season progressed, IMO.  Hopefully this year he'll feel more confident and comfortable.

16 hours ago, aucanucktiger said:

Hopefully the Oline can protect better this fall and he just throw it to a safety player. He dropped his eyes alot last year because of what happened against Clemson. The line got better but I'm hoping for more dump passes rather scrambles. 

10 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Hopefully the Oline can protect better this fall and he just throw it to a safety player. He dropped his eyes alot last year because of what happened against Clemson. The line got better but I'm hoping for more dump passes rather scrambles. 

Not sure the line got better.  This shows some horrible blocking/scheming on the O-line vs. UCF.  No idea if JB Grimes can recruit, but he might be worth 7 points a game just from a scheme standpoint this year.

https://www.teamspeedkills.com/2018/8/15/17690672/jarrett-stidham-against-pressure-will-determine-auburns-success

Sorry couldn't figure out how to post the text and media in the article itself.

The OL just plain got their asses kicked against UCF.  Lack of coaching, lack of effort, you name it.  It’s like when they couldn’t get it done against UGA they just quit.  Gus should have benched them and put in some guys who wanted to play.  I don’t blame Stidham with that debacle. 

On 8/16/2018 at 9:14 PM, weagl1 said:

The OL just plain got their asses kicked against UCF.  Lack of coaching, lack of effort, you name it.  It’s like when they couldn’t get it done against UGA they just quit.  Gus should have benched them and put in some guys who wanted to play.  I don’t blame Stidham with that debacle. 

I don't blame Stidham either, he'd already proven he could do work against strong/fast defenses late in the season in the DSOR/IBowl.

Archived