Bama Announces $600 Million "Build like Auburn" Campaign

tigeraddikt

So, the mighty Tide just announced plans to raise a buttload of money to gut their Basketball Hangar and turn the inside of it into Auburn Arena West. Also, they announced that they're basically gonna demo the majority of their most recent closed-in endzone upper decks to, wait for it, install "the largest video board in the SEC." Byrne must've just contacted the architects that handled Auburn's Arena and video board and said, "We want that." 

Looking at their renderings, I doubt it will be a larger video board than ours, but it might be close. As for their basketball arena, it needed to be gutted and re-configured. https://youtu.be/i9iIt8LSSpM  The seating in the corners was just odd. They can't do much with that ugly roof though, so it will never look as good as ours. Their seating will be slightly more than ours, but by hundreds this time instead of thousands. The smaller seating arenas is what makes the most sense as it turns out, unless your Kentucky. As for other SEC teams that need a new arena, Miss. State, LSU, and Georgia have way outdated arenas.

3 hours ago, AuburnKev said:

Looking at their renderings, I doubt it will be a larger video board than ours, but it might be close. As for their basketball arena, it needed to be gutted and re-configured. https://youtu.be/i9iIt8LSSpM  The seating in the corners was just odd. They can't do much with that ugly roof though, so it will never look as good as ours. Their seating will be slightly more than ours, but by hundreds this time instead of thousands. The smaller seating arenas is what makes the most sense as it turns out, unless your Kentucky. As for other SEC teams that need a new arena, Miss. State, LSU, and Georgia have way outdated arenas.

If you want to have a home court advantage, a school needs an arena that puts the students and fans "in the game".....AU did a great job using the Duke fieldhouse as a guide..... and looks like bama will do something similar.....but as noted, it's still putting lipstick on a pig as far as their building is concerned.   

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if they'll have steel beams showing in the back of their board too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, PowerOfDixieland said:

Love the stainless steel aesthetic on the exterior of BDS, reminiscent of the classic modern appliance look of the early 2000's.  

They were hoping for a mobile trailer look. You know, to make it look like home.

• 2 months later...

When Bruce Pearl gets done it will be Auburn Arena West. LOL 

Archived