Home and Home vs. Baylor and UCLA

WarTiger

DkwN2_-UYAAFpph.jpg

The Auburn football team will play a series of home-and-home games with Baylor and UCLA in a four-year span from 2025-2028, Director of Athletics Allen Greene announced Thursday. The Tigers will play Baylor in 2025-26 and UCLA in 2027-28.

Auburn will play at Baylor in Waco, Texas on August 30, 2025, with the Tigers hosting the Bears at Jordan-Hare Stadium on September 5, 2026. The two schools have previously met four times, with the last meeting occurring in 1976 in Auburn.

The Auburn-UCLA series, which was contracted in March 2017, will see the Tigers at UCLA in the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, Calif., on September 4, 2027. The Bruins will come to Jordan-Hare Stadium on September 2, 2028. The series marks the first-ever meetings between the two programs.

https://auburntigers.com/news/2018/8/16/auburn-football-to-play-home-and-home-with-baylor-ucla.aspx

"We are excited to announce a home-and-home series with Auburn," Rhoades said. "This is an exciting opportunity for our student-athletes to compete against a tradition-rich Power 5 opponent and for our fans to enjoy games against a top out-of-conference team.

"One of our goals is to provide a challenging schedule each and every season. Non-conference games like these, in addition to the Big 12's true round-robin conference schedule, will help us continue to put our teams in position to compete for championships."

The Bears will welcome Southeastern Conference member Auburn to McLane Stadium on August 30, 2025, to open the season and begin the home-and-home agreement. The following season, the series will continue at Jordan-Hare Stadium in Auburn, Ala. on Sept. 5, 2026.

The two programs have met four times with Baylor holding a 2-1-1 advantage all-time. The most recent meeting was a 15-14 Baylor victory in 1976. The first-ever matchup came in the 1954 Gator Bowl in Jacksonville, Fla.

https://baylorbears.com/news/2018/8/16/football-announces-home-and-home-series-with-auburn.aspx

3 minutes ago, WarTiger said:

https://auburntigers.com/news/2018/8/16/auburn-football-to-play-home-and-home-with-baylor-ucla.aspx

Auburn will play Baylor in Waco on Aug 30, 2025 and Host Baylor on September 5, 2026.   Auburn will play UCLA in Padadena on Sept. 4, 2027 and host UCLA on September 2, 2028.   

Baylor's new stadium is pretty awesome...r9zk-k3u.jpeg

...but Waco isn't that great.

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Stay in Austin for those coming.  Its a 90 minute drive, 60 if you stay in the north suburbs.  Also, stadium is small.  We may own 40% of the fans.

I love playing some of these teams we’ve never played or haven’t played in many years. Also nice to get our team out in places that is easier for some of the fan base to get to see in person without having to come to Auburn. The West Coast and Texas Tigers should be all over this. 

26 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I can’t hear that word and not think about the crazy, cult standoff and fire. I doubt it’s a tourist attraction though. 

1 hour ago, alexava said:

I can’t hear that word and not think about the crazy, cult standoff and fire. I doubt it’s a tourist attraction though. 

Not an "attraction" per se, but you can definitely go see the spot.  The Branch Dividians' rebuilt on Mount Carmel there.  It's a decent ways outside of the city though.

1 hour ago, alexava said:

Those visiting more than likely are visiting because of the Gaines'family. 

1 hour ago, RunInRed said:

A4e on twitter ...

#Fireeveryone #TubsforAD #needbetteropponents

18 minutes ago, RunInRed said:

?

I was looking at those games and years and just hoping to be on the top of the grass by the time that UCLA game rolls around.  But should make for a good variety of OOC games... getting away from the ACC predominance. 

29 minutes ago, AUBwins said:

Those visiting more than likely are visiting because of the Gaines'family. 

which is a huge tourist draw in Waco. 

• HGTV's "Fixer Upper" couple, Chip and Joanna Gaines, are responsible for a huge spike in tourism to their hometown of Waco, Texas.
  • Waco has been named one of the top travel destinations of 2018 by TripAdvisor.
  • From the Gaineses' Magnolia Market at the Silos to the Dr. Pepper Museum and a mammoth fossil site, there's plenty to see and do in Waco.
  • In 2017, their expansive downtown Waco hub, Magnolia Market at the Silos, averaged 30,000 visitors a week — an annual total close to 1.6 million people, reports the Waco Tribune. That's more than the Alamo, one of Texas' best-known tourist attractions.

7 minutes ago, TigerOne said:

• HGTV's "Fixer Upper" couple, Chip and Joanna Gaines, are responsible for a huge spike in tourism to their hometown of Waco, Texas.
  • Waco has been named one of the top travel destinations of 2018 by TripAdvisor.
  • From the Gaineses' Magnolia Market at the Silos to the Dr. Pepper Museum and a mammoth fossil site, there's plenty to see and do in Waco.
  • In 2017, their expansive downtown Waco hub, Magnolia Market at the Silos, averaged 30,000 visitors a week — an annual total close to 1.6 million people, reports the Waco Tribune. That's more than the Alamo, one of Texas' best-known tourist attractions.

They just opened another restaurant as well correct? Specializes in breakfast!  I wouldn't mind taking a trip there or letting them renovate a house for me :)

2 hours ago, bigbird said:

Yeah, but where do they place the tarps over the seats now?:laugh:

Wondering if Chip Kelly will still be the UCLA coach in a decade, when UCLA arrives in Auburn. In the short term, I expect UCLA to improve significantly under him. It would be interesting to see his HUNH like 3-4 years from now. Might shake up the PAC12.

But but longer term? A decade?  Of course, we might say the same about Auburn. Will CGM still be around a decade from now? A decade is a long time in football.

Well, actually, it's a long time in human years too. At my age, I'm hoping to still be around when UCLA visits Auburn.

1 hour ago, TigerOne said:

Tomorrow I’m still only going to remember the siege on the branch Davidian compound. 

45 minutes ago, gr82b4au said:

Love the future schedule. Just Once I want Auburn to play Notre Dame. 

Could happen with our ADs connections 

We stayed at an Air BnB directly across the street from the Baylor campus last year for the aTm game (one hour easy drive to College Station).  

Loved Waco.  It was great.  Chip and Joanna Gaines' Magnolia joint and Baylor U rule Waco.  Also Wooly Mammoth National Park is in Waco.  Pretty awesome excursions both of them.  Great local restaurants in Waco as well.  

Baylor's campus and McLane Stadium are both very beautiful, very state-of-the-art,  and very friendly.  They love RG3 the way we love Bo, Pat, Cam.  He has his own statue in front of the stadium.  I will say that the Baylor on-campus bookstore puts ours in the Haley Center to absolute shame, but they don't have auxillary stores like J&M, J&M 2, Anders, Tiger Rags, Big Blue Books etc.  

Our group will definitely be making this trip and, with any luck, staying in the same Air BnB as last year!  SO much cheaper than any hotel and so much more convenient.

Flights from Bham to DFW are pretty cheap.  DFW to Waco is a really short drive (a little more than an hour if I remember correctly).  

This is an affordable road game.  I expect that orange and blue will fill at least 50% of McLane.   

I hope Baylor can get back to being halfway decent and not a bad team like they were before Briles.  UCLA in the Rose Bowl will be Ausome!  Hopefully Auburn finds its way back there sooner than 2027 for the playoffs.

14 hours ago, AURex said:

Wondering if Chip Kelly will still be the UCLA coach in a decade, when UCLA arrives in Auburn. In the short term, I expect UCLA to improve significantly under him. It would be interesting to see his HUNH like 3-4 years from now. Might shake up the PAC12.

But but longer term? A decade?  Of course, we might say the same about Auburn. Will CGM still be around a decade from now? A decade is a long time in football.

Well, actually, it's a long time in human years too. At my age, I'm hoping to still be around when UCLA visits Auburn.

I figure by the time UCLA visits here we will be on coach Gus+2 ……..just don't see him being here even 5 more years despite the long contract.   Too much power in the SEC and lots of impatient fans.    

But nice to see the variety in the upcoming schedules....and hoping we don't play more of these neutral site games though maybe the money is enticing …….and an Athletic Department is always looking for a new source of money. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

I figure by the time UCLA visits here we will be on coach Gus+2 ……..just don't see him being here even 5 more years despite the long contract.   Too much power in the SEC and lots of impatient fans.    

But nice to see the variety in the upcoming schedules....and hoping we don't play more of these neutral site games though maybe the money is enticing …….and an Athletic Department is always looking for a new source of money. 

Auburn has only had 7 coaches in the last 68 years.  It's typically a pretty stable job.  Since Shug, we've had a pattern of 4-5 year coach (Barfield, Bowden, Chizik) followed by a coach for a decade (Dye, Tuberville, potentially Malzahn)

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Auburn has only had 7 coaches in the last 68 years.  It's typically a pretty stable job.  Since Shug, we've had a pattern of 4-5 year coach (Barfield, Bowden, Chizik) followed by a coach for a decade (Dye, Tuberville, potentially Malzahn)

True...but I think the pattern has changed as salaries have increased.....much less tolerance for perceived failures...just look around at the turnover in recent years across college football.    I'll try to hang around long enough to see if I'm correct about this...:).

Malzahn with 5 years is the second longest tenured coach in the SEC at his current school out of 14 schools. ….  (Mullen being a different situation) ..oops...forgot Stoops at UK...but that hardly is proof of my view.

On 8/16/2018 at 5:14 PM, bigbird said:

Bird that would be a great game for all of us Auburn fans living in Texas to get together. If we plan it right we could all buy tickets together and have an Orange and Blue Section in the Baylor stadium.

Archived