Home and Home vs. Baylor and UCLA

WarTiger

20 hours ago, gr82b4au said:

Love the future schedule. Just Once I want Auburn to play Notre Dame. 

Could happen in playoff this year.  If course I want to see us in South Bend. 

What I'm HOPING is that CGM matures as a HEAD coach, which means (1) he establishes the overall philosophy of the team offensively but lets the coordinators implement with game planning and most on-field play calling, (2) he is the closer in recruiting but lets the position coaches and coordinators do their magic, (3) he is the voice and face of Auburn football, the media front man, and handles all the administrative stuff, and (4) he is a role model and inspiration to our boys in blue, instilling a culture based on the Auburn creed.

If he can do all those things (and I think he is smart enough to do so), he will become one of Auburn's great coaches. If he can't figure out #1, he will have a record of mediocrity and be let go well before UCLA arrives.

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

What I'm HOPING is that CGM matures as a HEAD coach

Agree.  What that means to me is he spends more time coaching up his coaches and less time coaching up his players.  Hire good people and recruit good players and let them excel.

Of course Auburn starts scheduling Left Coast road games after I've left that part of the country. Next thing that will be announced is an Auburn Oregon home and home. That will be just my luck.. 

On 8/17/2018 at 8:50 AM, Win4AU said:

I hope Baylor can get back to being halfway decent and not a bad team like they were before Briles.  UCLA in the Rose Bowl will be Ausome!  Hopefully Auburn finds its way back there sooner than 2027 for the playoffs.

Well just putting them on our schedule usually means by the time we play them they will be top 10?

1. Gift auburn your best players (Stidham and auBUrn Martin)

2. Use this as bargaining leverage to schedule
auburn

3. Allow auburn to take you to the woodshed (better than losing to liberty! not kidding here)

A funny post that I stole from Sicem365. It is interesting to see other fans perspective...our fans seem to take Martin so for granted, yet other squads....

23 hours ago, BJCrawford said:

Well just putting them on our schedule usually means by the time we play them they will be top 10?

at the very least any injured players will be back to 100% in time for our game....

16 hours ago, auburn4ever said:

I wish we could play UCLA a lot sooner then wait until the late 2020's

Knock yourself out.

271318b.jpg

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Knock yourself out.

271318b.jpg

Haha he would have to figure out how to install current rosters, and knowing his posts, I'd be surprised if he could... 

You guys do realize that UCLA will most likely be a top team by then. That gives Chip Kelly plenty of time to recruit his style of players, and will most likely be rolling on all cylinders by that time. 

1 hour ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

You guys do realize that UCLA will most likely be a top team by then. That gives Chip Kelly plenty of time to recruit his style of players, and will most likely be rolling on all cylinders by that time. 

Assuming he stays of course.  His track record for being places a long time isn't the best.

Archived