Are we wearing Blue or White vs Washington?

Swamp Eagle

The ESPN schedule has us listed 2nd, so I'm guessing we're the home team.

But... It also says, "vs" and not "at", sooo...

15 minutes ago, BigWhiskey91 said:

Let me find the link, but I remember seeing we were the home team but wearing White.

According to the contract released by the university, Auburn will receive a $4.2 million payout for playing in the game, which is the highest it has ever received for a neutral site game. The Tigers will be the home team and wear white, and they will be allotted 40,088 tickets.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/auburn-to-face-washington-in-chick-fil-a-kickoff-game/article_a2cd4dbe-a1c2-11e6-8a0f-f7e28053bb31.amp.html

24 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

Maybe Washington is wanting to wear a new uniform and we have agreed with them that we will wear white. 

Maybe ...but I really like the whites......so for whatever reason....I'm good with it.... 

Could it be that since the article so matter of factly said "be the home team and wear white" that it could simply be an error/typo?

Seems they'd have sorta made a big deal about that fact to me...

From what I heard Gus wanted to wear white and use the visiting locker room. Not that he is superstitious or anything, but he was not trying to repeat the last two trips to that stadium. 

Now as as far as if we are considered the home team or not I don't think Gus can make that call. 

15 minutes ago, TXaubie said:

From what I heard Gus wanted to wear white and use the visiting locker room. Not that he is superstitious or anything, but he was not trying to repeat the last two trips to that stadium. 

Now as as far as if we are considered the home team or not I don't think Gus can make that call. 

IIRC, we are the home team and can decide uniform options. Much like how visitors can request they wear a certain color and the home team can approve. 

There are a few articles outlining that we are wearing white as the home team. But what you stated first is correct. Malzahn wants to take a different approach to change things up in ATL to help shake off the two losses last year in ATL. Being a neutral site, I think they approved with Washington as well since it would require them to wear a different top.

2 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Let's go baby

IMG_1437.GIF

You’ll get flagged in the NFL for doing that! Preseason game ref called unsportsmanlike penalty the other night! ? 

Man....we could go all day with this theme...

The D's new sack dance:

tenor.gif

I don't like that Gus felt like he had to switch things up -- using a different locker room, wearing white, etc. Those are not the types of changes I'm looking for from our staff coming off b2b losses in that stadium. I guess we'll see on gameday if we actually learned from our mistakes

16 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Let's go baby

IMG_1437.GIF

13 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Man....we could go all day with this theme...

The D's new sack dance:

tenor.gif

What's the chance we could get these posted in the Some things I hope Chip/Gus doesn't do this season...thread?

17 hours ago, TXaubie said:

They can get dressed on the bus for all I care as long as the thing that changes is we have more points on our side of the scoreboard than they do at the end of the game. If the players buy into it then I'm good with any change. 

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

I don't like that Gus felt like he had to switch things up -- using a different locker room, wearing white, etc. Those are not the types of changes I'm looking for from our staff coming off b2b losses in that stadium. I guess we'll see on gameday if we actually learned from our mistakes

Eh, I change up my outfit and accessories if we lose. ?

The coaches and team always learn from different mistakes and try to correct them YOY...I have a good feeling Gus is doing more than just addresssing  the locker room/uniforms. 

45 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

Eh, I change up my outfit and accessories if we lose. ?

The coaches and team always learn from different mistakes and try to correct them YOY...I have a good feeling Gus is doing more than just addresssing  the locker room/uniforms. 

I hope you're right but there's something different about a fan using a lucky t-shirt or a certain gameday ritual. I don't know how it makes me feel if a coach is thinking that "maybe we'll win if we change our jerseys".

If anything it feeds into the bizarre thought that we somehow have bad mojo in the Mercedes Benz Stadium. Which we don't. We just have coaching brainfarts in there.

On 8/20/2018 at 10:04 PM, toddc said:

You’ll get flagged in the NFL for doing that! Preseason game ref called unsportsmanlike penalty the other night! ? 

There's a two pump limit

Archived