AP AU #9

corchjay

1 minute ago, DAG said:

I think Jake has a lot of pressure on him with that one 5 star QB behind him. There seems to be a split with the fan base on when, not “if” he will start and that same 5 star QB dad is already chirping .

I think Fromm is the kind of player who is going to step up to the challenge. If Fields overtakes him, it's going to be because Fields is flat-out phenomenal. They've got an ideal situation at QB IMO. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few comments here

1. I always like when we're ranked lower than I have us in my mind. It's silly and superstitious but I like being the underdogs.
  2. I'm never too concerned about being ranked lower. With the current NCAAF climate, and our schedule, if we finish the season undefeated then we will be in the playoffs. Even if we start unranked.
  3. We will jump in the top 5 if/when we beat Washington.
  4. We would beat the breaks off Miami. Like really bad. I would love to see it happen.
  5. Absolutely no reason FSU is ranked.
  6. UCF probably shouldn't be ranked. As an alum, I'm not too pleased with Scott Frost's replacement.
  7. West Virginia is my darkhorse out of these teams.
  8. Mississippi State, LSU, and Texas will finish the year unranked.
  9. Oklahoma will be good but not great; I see them finishing in the 15-25 range.
  10. It's funny how reputation alone keeps the same 4-6 teams ranked in the beginning of the year every year.

3 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

I think Fromm is the kind of player who is going to step up to the challenge. If Fields overtakes him, it's going to be because Fields is flat-out phenomenal. They've got an ideal situation at QB IMO. 

I respectfully disagree. While I think both kids have the ability to be solid, I think the competition might be bad for Georgia if they don't make an early and definite decision. Two QB systems become a nightmare fast. Not sold on Fields mentally; I know he has the physical capabilities.

Just now, Zeek said:

I respectfully disagree. While I think both kids have the ability to be solid, I think the competition might be bad for Georgia if they don't make an early and definite decision. Two QB systems become a nightmare fast. Not sold on Fields mentally; I know he has the physical capabilities.

Is there a question as to whether or not Fromm is solid? I just think he's already proven himself, which is why I think they have an ideal situation. This isn't a deal where you've got an incumbent that there are some real question marks with. Fromm nearly won a national championship. Fields on the other hand brings this incredible skill set with him. So, the way I look at it you either have an SEC Champion in his second season as a starter, or you have the guy that beat him. Competition is a good thing. Now, Kirby could go and handle it the wrong way, there's no doubt about that. But, from a players standpoint I think this is exactly what you want. In any event, I think you are going to see Fields play. He seems to talented not to see the field, but my sense is that this is still Fromm's team. 

3 hours ago, alexava said:

I just don’t think UGA is gonna be that good. 

There’s no real reason why they shouldn’t be, they out talent every team they play and they only play 2 ranked team. Them not being good would be alarming

19 minutes ago, Dual-Threat Rigby said:

There’s no real reason why they shouldn’t be, they out talent every team they play and they only play 2 ranked team. Them not being good would be alarming

Their schedule is hard to mess up for the most part. That's for sure.

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Seems about right IMO. 

I just hope this is finally the season when our masochistic OoC schedule helps us instead of hurting us. 

If we get past Washington,  I believe we will be undefeated when we get to Athens.  LSU, State, and A&M are not on our level. 

9 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Their schedule is hard to mess up for the most part. That's for sure.

I honestly have not seen their schedule. Just compared to Auburn the two games last year and seeing how much they lost. I don’t think they will be bad but just not championship caliber. 

10 minutes ago, alexava said:

I honestly have not seen their schedule. Just compared to Auburn the two games last year and seeing how much they lost. I don’t think they will be bad but just not championship caliber. 

Got ya. I didn't know if that's what you meant, or you were saying they will be a 4-loss type of "not that good." They had great chemistry last year, and they will have to develop it again this season to reach the same goals. 

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

A few comments here

1. I always like when we're ranked lower than I have us in my mind. It's silly and superstitious but I like being the underdogs.
  2. I'm never too concerned about being ranked lower. With the current NCAAF climate, and our schedule, if we finish the season undefeated then we will be in the playoffs. Even if we start unranked.
  4. We would beat the breaks off Miami. Like really bad. I would love to see it happen.
  6. UCF probably shouldn't be ranked. As an alum, I'm not too pleased with Scott Frost's replacement.
  9. Oklahoma will be good but not great; I see them finishing in the 15-25 range.
  10. It's funny how reputation alone keeps the same 4-6 teams ranked in the beginning of the year every year.

What makes you think we would beat the brakes off of Miami ? There are a couple of things that caught my eye in your post but that one takes the cake .

6 hours ago, corchjay said:

We play 5 top 25 teams.  

Bama at 1

UGA at 3

UW at 6

MSU at 18

LSU at 25

and only one of the games at home

That last sentence is what scares me!  (Not to mention the home game is the lowest ranked of the bunch!)

6 hours ago, DAG said:

They will be good but NC contenders? Iono about that. I tend to agree. They lost two RBs to the NFL and some key players from their defensive side including roquan smith. With that being said, their record may not reflect it as much because their schedule is a joke (yes, I am butthurt about it). But I think they will definitely have a lot more close encounters this year. 

Ga may have the weakest schedule in the SEC this year..

15 minutes ago, The Plainsman said:

Ga may have the weakest schedule in the SEC this year..

It’s truly a shame.

3 hours ago, DAG said:

What makes you think we would beat the brakes off of Miami ? There are a couple of things that caught my eye in your post but that one takes the cake .

I’m in an outlandish prediction mood but I just don’t think they’re very good.

They barely beat a bad FSU, a meh Georgia Tech, North Carolina, and Syracuse last year. We beat the two teams that were in the championship game. It’s fair to say if we played a 100 times last year we’d win a good percentage.

This year I think we’ll be even better and I think they’ll be worse. Just spitballing lol

5 hours ago, Zeek said:

A few comments here

MSU scares the crap out of me. LSU I agree, Texas, who knows. I think they COULD break out soon--best recruiting class in a while, also unlike under Charlie Strong, almost all their losses last year were razor thin. Here's their average margin against P5 teams (11 per regular season) under Strong, then in Herman's first year:

2014: -3.5 (-5.3 if you count the beating they took from Arkansas in the bowl)

2015: -5.6

2016: -2.6

2017: +3.1

Two ways to look at the UGA and UAT schedules:

1) They both have a cake walk schedule.

2) Neither will play a team as formidable as Auburn (by a long shot) until the Tigers visit.

Auburn, however, will have faced some tests and have a better idea how to play together when they face a test. That is, of course, looking at things from the most positive angle possible, considering we play so many tough games away from Jordan-Hare (where the home field advantage is as big as it is anywhere in the nation), but if we DO come out unscathed, it'll be difficult to say anyone in this country is better, no matter what.

37 minutes ago, Rednilla said:

2) Neither will play a team as formidable as Auburn (by a long shot) until the Tigers visit.

Auburn, however, will have faced some tests and have a better idea how to play together when they face a test. That is, of course, looking at things from the most positive angle possible, considering we play so many tough games away from Jordan-Hare (where the home field advantage is as big as it is anywhere in the nation), but if we DO come out unscathed, it'll be difficult to say anyone in this country is better, no matter what.

That’s what happened last year and neither team was ready for our battle tested club

17 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

That’s what happened last year and neither team was ready for our battle tested club

Let's just hope that the same holds true when we're on the road.

20 hours ago, Rednilla said:

Well, there's another way to look at uat's schedule:  uat faces "challenges" at 2nd toughest SEC schedule

LMFAO

21 hours ago, AUwent said:

MSU scares the crap out of me. LSU I agree, Texas, who knows. I think they COULD break out soon--best recruiting class in a while, also unlike under Charlie Strong, almost all their losses last year were razor thin. Here's their average margin against P5 teams (11 per regular season) under Strong, then in Herman's first year:

2014: -3.5 (-5.3 if you count the beating they took from Arkansas in the bowl)

2015: -5.6

2016: -2.6

2017: +3.1

I agree about UTx.

On 8/20/2018 at 4:54 PM, DAG said:

Of Ohio? ?

Archived