Hoover-Pinson & Trussville-Cedar Grove Games Thread

corchjay

Anyone going to the MET tomorrow for the games?

Hoover/Pinson

Hewitt-Trussville/ Cedar Grove

On all 4 teams you’re probably looking at 25 SEC caliber players.  

Go Huskies!!

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

8 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Which team is the Huskies? Haven't lived in Al. for over 50 years so have no idea and I'm to lazy/old to google

Hewitt-Trussville.  For this year they have JJ committed to us.  Quick, Tyson committed to UA.  Stone committed to Arkansas.  Worsham and Moore committed to UA next year.  Plus the place kicker is a stud and an abover average DT that could see his rating grow if he has a solid season in the Area of Death in 7a.

Grayson is loaded of course.  Tompkins, Clark, Pappoe, Haselwood, Morris...  and I’m sure plenty for next year as well.  

In the early game Hoover and Pinson you might have AU’s next 2 QBs competing in Nix and Ashford.  Plus of course Pickens.  

Tons of talent between these 4 teams.

16 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Hewitt-Trussville.  For this year they have JJ committed to us.  Quick, Tyson committed to UA.  Stone committed to Arkansas.  Worsham and Moore committed to UA next year.  Plus the place kicker is a stud and an abover average DT that could see his rating grow if he has a solid season in the Area of Death in 7a.

Grayson is loaded of course.  Tompkins, Clark, Pappoe, Haselwood, Morris...  and I’m sure plenty for next year as well.  

In the early game Hoover and Pinson you might have AU’s next 2 QBs competing in Nix and Ashford.  Plus of course Pickens.  

Tons of talent between these 4 teams.

So I take it your a Huskie fan.That's a lot of good players to see in one place

Yeah, I wanna see those games.  But I’ll be on the Vikings sideline as Warren Central hosts reigning MS state champs Pearl.  

We don’t have anybody we’re recruiting from Pearl do we?  The MS kids I’ve seen have been Hattiesburg and the coastal area.  

Oh, that’s Saturday. Maybe I can watch a little bit of it on the ESPN app.  And I forgot about N. Dean. He’s from Horn Lake up near Memphis.  

16 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

So I take it your a Huskie fan.That's a lot of good players to see in one place

Son goes to HT.  I’ve coached many of the baseball players their when they played Travel for me.  

And yes lots of talent.

6 minutes ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Yeah, I wanna see those games.  But I’ll be on the Vikings sideline as Warren Central hosts reigning MS state champs Pearl.  

We don’t have anybody we’re recruiting from Pearl do we?  The MS kids I’ve seen have been Hattiesburg and the coastal area.  

Anyone wanting to watch HT/Grayson play can watch it on the HuskyFast Network app.  I know the app is available on iPhone not sure about android but pretty sure it is.  Game starts at 2pm.  

Suprised ESPN isn’t there for the doubleheader 

Just now, corchjay said:

Anyone wanting to watch HT/Grayson play can watch it on the HuskyFast Network app.  I know the app is available on iPhone not sure about android but pretty sure it is.  Game starts at 2pm.  

Suprised ESPN isn’t there for the doubleheader 

same here I was just thinking I might try and watch it on ESPN...guess not

6 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

same here I was just thinking I might try and watch it on ESPN...guess not

Sorry the Hoover/Pinson and HT/Grayson are both on ESPN.  Kickoff Hoover/Pinson 12p EDT HT/Grayson 330 EDT.

My bad on all this info I’m a DA...  

Hewitt vs Cedar Grove not Grayson.  So Haselwood only on the cedar grove team had it all mixed up.  Still a really good matchup.

Grayson plays plays Tucker at 6pm on ESPNU tomorrow night 

17 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Sorry the Hoover/Pinson and HT/Grayson are both on ESPN.  Kickoff Hoover/Pinson 12p EDT HT/Grayson 330 EDT.

I am so confused........:poke:j/k but I sure bird will quote me later about being confused

22 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Good games tonight on as well.  

To correct all my wrongs here’s ESPN high school football schedule for this weekend...

https://espnmediazone.com/us/press-releases/2018/06/the-2018-geico-espn-high-school-football-kickoff-begins-friday-august-24/ 

Jay, Thanks for posting, I have been searching games thinking I might get to watch a good one tonight. I thought The Hoover/Pinson game would have been tonight. I have is scheduled to tape now. 

2 hours ago, corchjay said:

Anyone going to the MET tomorrow for the games?

Hoover/Pinson

Hewitt-Trussville/ Grayson Ga

On all 4 teams you’re probably looking at 25 SEC caliber players.  

Go Huskies!!

MUSH!

Both games on Saturday  should be good ones.  There is a lot of D1 talent on the four teams.  And several AU commits and recruits.  I may make my way to Hoover but I'll bet it will be packed.  

Sorry for my ignorance but who would you guys say are the top 5 Alabama teams in high school?

Haven’t live up that way in a hot minute. We usually make a big trip up to the wrestling tournament Hoover hosts and dear lord what a nice campus!

Hoover Thompson Trussville PHenix City McGill-Toolin would be my guess

41 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Sorry for my ignorance but who would you guys say are the top 5 Alabama teams in high school?

Haven’t live up that way in a hot minute. We usually make a big trip up to the wrestling tournament Hoover hosts and dear lord what a nice campus!

44 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Hoover Thompson Trussville PHenix City McGill-Toolin would be my guess

Agree there. Think Central is 2 for me but might be because I watch them pretty regularly in person.

10 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Agree there. Think Central is 2 for me but might be because I watch them pretty regularly in person.

I’d go...

Hoover 

HT 

PC

Thompson

Mc-Toolin

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

There are some incredible campuses in Al now.  Hoover, Spain park, oak my, Trussville, James Clemons...  all are unbelievable.  McGill I hear is very nice as well.  I’ve heard Northridge is very nice and no clue what Bryant is like 

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

I’d go...

Hoover 

HT 

PC

Thompson

Mc-Toolin

So much talent in Alabama in the 2019 + 2020 classes 

Archived