2018 Auburn vs. Washington Score Prediction

Zeek

auburnvwashington.jpg

Auburn vs Washington at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium // 2:30 PM Central

Alright let's get the first prediction thread of the season going! I'll start with mine and we'll see who gets closest to the actual score.

I think this is one of the better matchups in college football this season; our stellar defense will be tested early and our retooling offense will have  a top 10 defense to face as well. We need TD Moultry, Big Kat, and Coe coming off the edge hot all game; that would truly make all the difference. On the other side of the ball we need JS to have time and the running backs to emerge as legitimate threats. This seems like a game where our depth on the D-line might make all of the difference. Stidham avoids getting "happy feet" but we start out slow, like we do in most openers, fortunately the D buys us enough time to get into gear on O.

Auburn 31 - Washington 10

*Bonus prediction: Whitlow gets a rushing TD from wildcat, K-Mart gets a rushing TD of greater than 20 yards, Stidham connects with Ryan Davis and Slayton for TDs, and Lil Carl booms a 45 yard field goal with sunglasses on and a lit cigar in his mouth. ;D Also, one interception by Iggy and two forced fumbles (that we don't recover because fumbles rarely go our way).

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Zeek said:

auburnvwashington.jpg

Auburn vs Washington at the Mercedes-Benz Stadium // 2:30 PM Central

Alright let's get the first prediction thread of the season going! I'll start with mine and we'll see who gets closest to the actual score.

I think this is one of the better matchups in college football this season; our stellar defense will be tested early and our retooling offense will have  a top 10 defense to face as well. We need TD Moultry, Big Kat, and Coe coming off the edge hot all game; that would truly make all the difference. On the other side of the ball we need JS to have time and the running backs to emerge as legitimate threats. This seems like a game where our depth on the D-line might make all of the difference. Stidham avoids getting "happy feet" but we start out slow, like we do in most openers, fortunately the D buys us enough time to get into gear on O.

Auburn 31 - Washington 10

*Bonus prediction: Whitlow gets a rushing TD from wildcat, K-Mart gets a rushing TD of greater than 20 yards, Stidham connects with Ryan Davis and Slayton for TDs, and Lil Carl booms a 45 yard field goal with sunglasses on and a lit cigar in his mouth. ;D Also, one interception by Iggy and two forced fumbles (that we don't recover because fumbles rarely go our way).

This is a really good pick. Not sure what it is, but something tells me we will have a good amount of more points at the end of this one.

Auburn 41

Washington 21

28-17. Offense will start slower with the new line and running backs. Washington starts off fast with short quick throws to keep the d line from pressuring the qb. Defense settles in in the second half and takes over the game.

24-20 AU.  Both defenses are really, really good.  Expecting to see a game that looks an awful lot like last year's Iron Bowl.  Low scoring first half.  Couple of big TDs in second.

Honestly I don’t know what to think about this game. We have the talent to compete with anyone and I think we should win. I can’t remember the last time it has been this quiet in fall camp. That being said with my orange and blue glasses on we win 34-16

28 - AU

21 - UW

Our defense helps break the tie at 21 with pick 6 as UW is driving for the winning score (FG or TD).

I expect both defenses to outplay both offenses (especially early).  I expect a few FGs.  I expect a ST play or 2, as well as a TO or 2 to make a huge difference in this game.   I expect our depth to be a factor late in the game (especially our DL)

AU 16

UW 13

We need to show that Auburn can finally beat a top 25 team to open the season, start strong for once instead of losing one of the first 3 games of the season over the last several seasons, win in this stupid stadium, and for Gus to prove he can beat a top OOC team as a head coach in ANY game (regular or bowl season). I was in the stadium the last time we opened against a top 5 Pac 12 team and it was terrible. Both qbs are good but both defenses are elite. I will be shocked if one team reaches 24 points. Yes I think this AU team is extremely talented and can win, but I am predicting this based on AU's terrible record in past "elite game" openers and the teams under Gus also showing the same issue with starting strong: 20-17 them. 

Prove me wrong Auburn/Gus. Please. Then I will enjoy my crow.  

Wishful thinking anything Auburn by 10+.

Im also in the 24-21 camp.  I don’t know enough about UW to worry about their top defense or Browning.  I figure we’ll either feel real good about beating a top 10 opponent or here we go again if the offense comes out and doesn’t produce.

i'm going 26-24 AU. I think we'll have trouble on offense trying to pass against their secondary and the new OL is going to struggle some opening running games. I'm counting on our defense carrying us in this game a maybe even scoring some of these points for our offense. If we fail to break the 20 point mark we lose. I expect Washington to break a couple big plays on some gadgets and their receivers winning a couple jump balls against the secondary. But in general their offense is going to struggle to sustain drives

Auburn wins as this defense is one of the strongest Auburn has fielded ever. Auburn is returning a very good veteran qb. The play of the oline will be  better due to Grimes. Washington can't hang with the overall team speed Auburn will field. Malzahn will cede more control of the offense to Lindsay.

<whistling past the graveyard>

31-13

Archived