Official Depth Chart is Out

Brad_ATX

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, LKEEL75 said:

add to that ex-state champion wrestler!

If only more football coaches would appreciate the value of wrestling in the offseason!

I’m floored that Siposs loss the starting spot to Marshall. 

I agree like others have posted and that this must mean Marshall outperformed expectations but it’s still a little surprising

I do need to comment on my man crush making the top two! Smoke Monday and a lot of the Freshmen cracking the two deep is surprising but encouraging. Special class of kids. 

Richard McBride out for the season with neck injury! Anyone else heard about this?

7 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I’m floored that Siposs loss the starting spot to Marshall. 

I agree like others have posted and that this must mean Marshall outperformed expectations but it’s still a little surprising

From the looks of things, it made you angry. You don't owe an explanation but I'm curious. 

2 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

From the looks of things, it made you angry. You don't owe an explanation but I'm curious. 

Just being silly, I have to eat crow on all the mumblings that kept coming out about the race being tight. Truly thought Gus was just being nice to Marshall by saying he was in it still. Hopefully, I'll be gladly proven wrong Saturday!

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

:(

That's terrible! The kid is a stud.

Pretty concerned about Sal being listed as a starting WR. He did not look good at all in his opportunities last year. This is one of listing that makes you worry about coaches playing favorites and not playing the best 11. But hopefully he has improved a whole whole bunch over the offseason and we see the magic against UW. 

Thats awful about McBride. Fall camp has been so quite with injuries i've been really nervous news would start trickling out the closer we got

Just now, Zeek said:

Just being silly, I have to eat crow on all the mumblings that kept coming out about the race being tight. Truly thought Gus was just being nice to Marshall by saying he was in it still. Hopefully, I'll be gladly proven wrong Saturday!

:cheers:

2 minutes ago, gravejd said:

Pretty concerned about Sal being listed as a starting WR. He did not look good at all in his opportunities last year. This is one of listing that makes you worry about coaches playing favorites and not playing the best 11. But hopefully he has improved a whole whole bunch over the offseason and we see the magic against UW. 

Thats awful about McBride. Fall camp has been so quite with injuries i've been really nervous news would start trickling out the closer we got

He did everything well except catch the ball, and that's was probably the first time in his life he ever had that problem. My personal, admittedly sunshine-y brand of logic dictates that it was a temporary condition. 

3 minutes ago, gravejd said:

His position is more situational when we go four wide. Also heard he’s gotten better in the offseason.

1 minute ago, ClaytonAU said:

His position is more situational when we go four wide. Also heard he’s gotten better in the offseason.

Hopefully it was a case of the "yips".  He obviously isn't dropping it in practice or he wouldn't be a starter (I Hope).  Probably a confidence thing, just needs to catch a few and be back to normal.

46 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

808_screenshot20180828at110224am.jpeg

I know it’s an embarrassment of riches at Buck, but a little surprised to see Big Kat at DE. Also Gary Walker ?!?! Good on him! 

54 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Interesting that Marshall won the punting job.  Also, Iggy turning into a starter at CB so quickly.

I was thinking the exact same thing. What happened to the Aussie?

4 minutes ago, atl-tiger said:

Hopefully it was a case of the "yips".  He obviously isn't dropping it in practice or he wouldn't be a starter (I Hope).  Probably a confidence thing, just needs to catch a few and be back to normal.

IIRC he basically said that he was overly concerned with the fact that he was playing in the SEC now and it messed with his head, and went on to say that he's settled down. 

One thing that he knows for sure now is that the defenses he's going up against on Saturdays aren't any better or tougher than the one he faces Monday through Friday.

7 minutes ago, AU-24 said:

I was thinking the exact same thing. What happened to the Aussie?

More to punting then just being able to kick it far.  Hang time is much preferred over distance.  I don't think in rugby they have to drop it within the 5 yard line from 40 yards out, so Marshall probably had the edge there as well.

Let's hope Anders never gets injured. Ian Shannon holding for himself will be interesting to watch. No backup holder listed. ?

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

IIRC he basically said that he was overly concerned with the fact that he was playing in the SEC now and it messed with his head, and went on to say that he's settled down. 

One thing that he knows for sure now is that the defenses he's going up against on Saturdays aren't any better or tougher than the one he faces Monday through Friday.

Hopefully thats the mentality for all of the offense.  

Archived