Official Depth Chart is Out

Brad_ATX

4 minutes ago, gr82be said:

Let's hope Anders never gets injured. Ian Shannon holding for himself will be interesting to watch. No backup holder listed. ?

HAHA, you made me picture.....

circling.gif

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is a tight end ? Big Sal getting the start . 

The d line has beef everywhere. Coe is a mountain. 

Jamal dean weighs more than 206. He Looks as big as Darrell Williams 

QB - No surprises here. I think that it will be a miracle if Gatewood graduates from Auburn. It will be interesting to see if he ever really gets a chance to shine. If we get Nix in next year and Ashford in the year after that it'll be one hell of a battle at the position. Really hope that Malik gets in against our week 2 opponent to maybe make us all feel more at ease; we simply don't know what he can really do as a QB and not just a rusher. If only Stidham would stay another year...

RB - Interesting that it's only a two-deep at the position. Love that it's not an "or" position I actually don't care for that designator; it typically seems like the coaches being unable to determine a "winner". Kam's been used so little I forgot he was a Junior. Definitely hope he stays for another season, it would take one hell of a year for him not to, don't want to see a kid get too trigger happy on the NFL train again. It would be insane if we could keep Boobee all 4 years.

H-B - Yet again, no surprise. Any word about how Nigh is? Cox has been great for us and I think he'll have a Jay Prosch like year. Glad Joiner is officially listed at the H-B position. He has all the tools in the world; now it's up to him to capitalize on them.

TE - Sadly it's been a relatively pointless position in years past. I think Lindsey starts using the position more and more; which is good because we have two very talented young TEs coming into the team next year! Nice to have two seniors at the position to provide some leadership and experience.

Split Receiver - Slayton will make his name known this year now that he has become a more complete receiver. Shedrick Jackson making it to the second spot is awesome. Best group of Freshmen receivers ever? We'll see.

Flanker Receiver - Ryan Davis is the best receiver in the SEC and he'll prove it this year as he becomes our first 1,000+ yard receiver in forever.  Schwartz, another freshmen, cracking the two deep is awesome and I can't wait to see him in the open field making things happen. Best. Freshmen. Receiver. Class. Ever.

Slot Receiver - I'd be surprised if Hill doesn't slowly overtake Cannella. That being said, I think Cannella is still a useful talent that might have the light bulb go off this season. Another freshman receiver in the two deep...

Big Slot Receiver - I really believe NCM can be amazing. Like, jaw dropping, NFL scout drooling, All-SEC, and All-American levels of amazing. Hoping this is the year. Seth Williams almost made it a sweep for the freshmen being in the two deep; I'll count the "or" in favor of the freshmen for now. We really have a complete group of receivers.

OL - Really not much to say here. I like this group and I think most of the backups aren't too far behind the starters. Calvin Ashley will be a monster under Grimes in due time. Center could go either way. Right Tackle has a stud veteran and a promising youth option. Grimes is truly going to make this a great unit.

DL - Honestly all of these guys could start on 90% of the nation's DLs: Nick Coe, TD Moultry, Dontavius Russell, Derrick Brown, Andrew Williams, Marlon Davidson, Big Kat Bryant. We only have four starting spots and we get 7 starting caliber kids! War Eagle, I feel so greedy. I think I know who my favorite position coach is based of recruiting AND developing talent...

LB - THREE SENIORS is awesome and what's more comforting is that two of them will be replace by, at the time of the 2019-2020 season, Juniors! Upset that RM is out for season but if there was one position group that could afford the loss, this is it. I think I know my second favorite position coach at developing talent, though I'd like for him to pick up some more LBs in this recruiting cycle but I have faith!

CB - It's very intriguing that Iggy earned a starting spot so fast; either he is awesome or we might need to be a little concerned about the secondary this year. Luckily, when the front 7 is as stacked as ours is, things shouldn't be so difficult on the secondary this year. Jamel Dean is a stud but we need him to be healthy. Javaris Davis is no joke at the nickel position and we have a lot of young talent in the two deep. Next years secondary should look awesome and fortunately the front 7 should ease their growing pains.

- Dinson is a solid option, my man crush Smoke is going to be a stud with time, and I earnestly know nothing about Daniel thomas. Another position where freshmen cracked into the two deep. I like how much youth should get experience going into next year. With a lot of upcoming departures it will be necessary to be on more of the "reloading" side of the spectrum for once.

- Lil Carl (pronounce it like you're Rick from Walking Dead) is going to be a stud. I just hope he doesn't get too nervous about "living up to his brother" and he just focuses on becoming his own man. I'll be pulling for him!

- My bro Siposs didn't win the position but, like others stated, this must mean Marshall woke up and showed out. Sometimes all it takes is some competition to get a kid going (and some added size apparently). Really hope this becomes a position of strength and not a liability like it has been for a minute now.

Holder - Shannon has some big shoes to fill!

Returners - Iggy is a no brainer on KR and it's interesting to see RD at punt return. Good hands I suppose.

Question about the Carlson brothers... they're like 6'5" 210 and they're kickers? Who said "yeah this kids built like a linebacker but lets just let him kick it" I mean...thanks but dang lol

1 hour ago, Zeek said:

I do need to comment on my man crush making the top two! Smoke Monday and a lot of the Freshmen cracking the two deep is surprising but encouraging. Special class of kids. 

To be fair, we only have 4 safeties ?

16 minutes ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

Had a head injury a couple of weeks ago. Haven’t heard what it was. Took him out of the competition. 

His toughness took him out of the competition

Just now, bigbird said:

To be fair, we only have 4 safeties ?

shh.gif

5 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Best. Freshmen. Receiver. Class. Ever.

Although it didn’t work out due to one guy leaving, Craig-Myers, Kyle Davis and Stove were about to be. 

Just now, Scotty2Hotty said:

Although it didn’t work out due to one guy leaving, Craig-Myers, Kyle Davis and Stove were about to be. 

Man I wish Stove and Hastings weren't injured...I feel like the football gods felt our WR group needed to be nerfed.

Who could have guessed the Kyle Davis situation would pan out that way...insane.

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Hid the injury from the trainers and coaches?

4 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

Big Sal getting the start . 

I'm getting pretty fired up about this. 

One way to look at it: That guy who couldn't catch a cold last season is still on our football team!

Another way to look at it: We have a guy who is 6'5 235 lined up in the slot. He's a matchup nightmare for every defender on the field, unless we face the Seattle Seahawks in the playoffs. Lining him up in the slot opens up every intermediate route we haven't thrown for 3 years or more, especially with his massive catch radius and height advantage. He has already shown that he can create separation and get open, which is something that our WRs have been woefully inept at for awhile now. His coach says he's one of the most improved players on the team. His OC says he's a weapon all over the field. Multiple reports say his QB has a lot of trust in him.

Gronk, Graham, Kelce, Ertz... look at how those guys are used. No, Sal's not a freak like them, but he gets us a lot closer than we have been and having the right personnel does a lot to increase the chances Gus is wiling to take. Exciting development for me. 

1 minute ago, McLoofus said:

I'm getting pretty fired up about this. 

One way to look at it: That guy who couldn't catch a cold last season is still on our football team!

Another way to look at it: We have a guy who is 6'5 235 lined up in the slot. He's a matchup nightmare for every defender on the field, unless we face the Seattle Seahawks in the playoffs. Lining him up in the slot opens up every intermediate route we haven't thrown for 3 years or more, especially with his massive catch radius and height advantage. He has already shown that he can create separation and get open, which is something that our WRs have been woefully inept at for awhile now. His coach says he's one of the most improved players on the team. His OC says he's a weapon all over the field. Multiple reports say his QB has a lot of trust in him.

Gronk, Graham, Kelce, Ertz... look at how those guys are used. No, Sal's not a freak like them, but he gets us a lot closer than we have been and having the right personnel does a lot to increase the chances Gus is wiling to take. Exciting development for me. 

I was extremely surprised at this . He must have had a heck of a camp. I love eating humble pie, but he was almost left for dead by lost AU fans . He has worked hard and now should be a weapon of mass destruction. Can’t tell you how excited I am for this guy 

Marshall is more consistent in punting the ball where the punt coverage team expects the punt to come down at (Accuracy).  Say the punt coverage is expecting the ball on the right hash they know where to bleed coverage to.  Or if you wan the punt on the left numbers... and so on.   Sippos will get his opportunities as well unless Marshall just does so good that you can't afford to use the backup.  

5 minutes ago, JDUBB4AU said:

I was extremely surprised at this . He must have had a heck of a camp. I love eating humble pie, but he was almost left for dead by lost AU fans . He has worked hard and now should be a weapon of mass destruction. Can’t tell you how excited I am for this guy 

I definitely wrote him off, but I've heard enough this month to write him right back on, lol. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I definitely wrote him off, but I've heard enough this month to write him right back on, lol. 

I think it'll be interesting. Too much hype about him going into last year has a lot of people "once bitten, twice shy"

1 minute ago, Scotty2Hotty said:

He returned one against Georgia last year for a nice return. 

yes and the dupe against aTm was fantastic.  I trust him much more in this first game then anyone else until they get some reps other games

Just now, corchjay said:

yes and the dupe against aTm was fantastic.  I trust him much more in this first game then anyone else until they get some reps other games

These are both true, pardon my forgetfulness!

34 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Do you think Grimes can get this changed?

Only real shocker to me was the neck injury to the backup LB and the kick returners. You could tell weeks ago that Coe was going to start at buck and The coaches have been saying for weeks that last year’s punter showed up stronger, bigger, and has been impressive. Those were not a shock. 

We all hope that sal plays better. He was terrible last year.

The rise of Iggy has been amazing. 

It also sounds like Kim is on a short leash. 

Archived