I gotta share this mic-drop, pre-season story...

Swamp Eagle

Earlier this week, I had returned to my cubicle after working out in the field. Across the room, I could hear a co-worker and a vendor group talking about the upcoming football season; bammer in particular. After a few minutes, I decided to 'get a cup of coffee' which was only an excuse to meander by and stake out an opportunity.  One of the vendors was an aTm Aggie fan, and he decided he would give a college football history lesson. "You know, Alabama and aTm share a lot of football history..." 

Before he could finish, as I walked by, I injected, "Yep. Bear Bryant cheated at both schools."

It broke up the congregation to hilarious laughter as I continued back to my cubicle.

Last night, a bammer friend of mine messaged me talking all kind of trash about how they were world beaters and blah blah blah..  He ended up betting me $100 that bama would not score less than 35 points in ANY game this year!!!!  I would have bet him a lot more than that, but of course he said that was his betting limit, lol!  Ole Tua best be ready for all this hype, b/c he is gonna have to sling that ball A LOT to cover those expectations!   ?

Someone was arguing with me on twitter today that the SEC West is a one team conference and that the SEC couldn't claim they were the best because it wasn't 2007 anymore and no other team had been nationally relevant... rattled of Auburn (x2), LSU, Georgia have all been in the national championship over that same time period. He replied, and I'm not kidding, "blah, blah, blah, blah it's Alabama and then everyone else until someone in the SEC actually beats them."

:slapfh:

11 minutes ago, Zeek said:

Someone was arguing with me on twitter today that the SEC West is a one team conference and that the SEC couldn't claim they were the best because it wasn't 2007 anymore and no other team had been nationally relevant... rattled of Auburn (x2), LSU, Georgia have all been in the national championship over that same time period. He replied, and I'm not kidding, "blah, blah, blah, blah it's Alabama and then everyone else until someone in the SEC actually beats them."

:slapfh:

Sounds like every FSU fan I ever met...and I've met a few.

4 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

Sounds like every FSU fan I ever met...and I've met a few.

I'm so sorry you're in Tallahassee. I'm about an hour and a half west of you and I hear it a lot here too. They don't seem to recall last season at all.

19 minutes ago, Zeek said:

I'm so sorry you're in Tallahassee. I'm about an hour and a half west of you and I hear it a lot here too. They don't seem to recall last season at all.

Talking with FSU fans (if you must) just be armed with facts. Like Bammers, they know their 3d string QBs soc sec # but very little outside the mullet nations.    

Archived