Anyone going to Atlanta

tigerbrotha12

I may need some tips on parking for the new MBS. I had a pretty reliable plan to get to the Georgia Dome, but I've heard the Marta will be absolutely packed this weekend considering Atlanta is hosting a Georgia Tech home game as well as a Comic-Con event. 

Any easy parking/walks to the stadium that I don't know of?

MARTA is still the best option.  I suggest that you park at the Marta Brookhaven station and take it in.  You can buy an expensive parking pass but the traffic will be a bear.

Yes, traffic will be crazy. 

I think there is also a Gay Black Pride event and Lynyrd Skynyrd concert too. Oh, and a Braves game in the evening, I think? 

1 hour ago, abw0004 said:

MARTA is still the best option.  I suggest that you park at the Marta Brookhaven station and take it in.  You can buy an expensive parking pass but the traffic will be a bear.

Plus, you can eat at Ole Blind Dog Pub in Brookhaven before you go. Good food!!

46 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

I think there is also a Gay Black Pride event and Lynyrd Skynyrd concert too. Oh, and a Braves game in the evening, I think? 

Why do I still live in this stupid place?  Would make for a good "wanna get away" SWA commercials.

15 minutes ago, PowerOfDixieland said:

Why do I still live in this stupid place?  Would make for a good "wanna get away" SWA commercials.

There is a lot going on this weekend. The article I read was expecting like 700k people. ?

4 hours ago, AidiAU said:

Also DragonCon....Whatever that is..

I'm visiting an old and dear friend in Memphis who might not be able to get ABC (she has Hulu)...but I'm determined I'm going to get the Play ESPN app on my phone and watch it on there while it's on the wall charger if she's not able to get the antenna to work.

I'm parking at the airport and taking Marta to the stadium. I hope 2-1/2 hours from  the airport to Vine Street terminal is enough. Thoughts?

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Well 285,75, 85 and 20 should be fun

Yup. We are leaving this morning and heading in. Plus, I have to pick up our tickets in Midtown so that should be fun. I’ll be on 85 and 285 for a hot minute.

We will be heading out around 9 am from Alexander City.  I have a parking pass at Lot A-Gulch right across from the stadium.  I sure hope that we have no trouble getting there.  

Archived