*** Game Thread: Auburn vs. Washington ***

RunInRed

9 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

Turn his head and face the ball. At the very least

Great idea. Let's look away from the receiver when we're in man coverage. Yeah, that should work out great...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Randman5000 said:

Put is Asa Martin

Would like to see what he has to offer Boobie and kam not looking great first half. 

1 minute ago, AUinfusion said:

I think we don’t know what to do without a marque RB. A lot of zero production first down plays. The passing is looking better, at least.

Honestly, we should never schedule a big opening week game again. It just takes Gus two or three games to figure his team out.

10 bucks says somehow UCLA will be top 10 in 2022 or whenever we play them. lol.

We gotta turn Stidham loose. Our OL interior blocking is wasting downs, we got an NFL QB let him win the game for us

Thoughts so far (sharing them here because my fiancé does NOT want to hear any more of this from me):

The O-Line is hanging tough. Not able to create much on the interior in the run game, but that is a strength of the other team. Pass protection has been decent. Overall, not as bad as I was afraid it might be. 

Stidham and the receivers look sharp overall. Stidham still has issues dealing with pressure, but he has made significant strides since the beginning of last year. The wideouts have been on point as a group.

The defense has been stout overall. Frustrating that our DBs seem to be explicitly coached to commit PI and not turn their heads in coverage sometimes, but they are not getting beat regularly. The d-line is absolutely amazing. Linebackers have mostly been on point as well, though there was at least one big missed fit that we paid for.

If Gus continues to call runs up the middle all game, I’m going to have a massive conniption. Send help.

Glad football is back! War damn!

Would like to see the Tigers continue with the same offense inside the Red Zone instead of getting cute.

Grimes needs to man up the run blocking (very surprising to be do weak up front).

Would like to think there will be a take of stairs, up & downs, and altogether better discipline as they are WAY too penalty prone.

Beyond that, about what I expected... opener against #6 in the nation.

Good game.

At least we’re not #10Penn State tied 10-10 with Ap State at half or USC down 14-12 to UNLV at half. 

Of course it should be 28-6 right now. 

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Most auburn-like halves. We start out great and shoot ourselves in the foot and let the opponent back into the game.

Bingo 

Halftime stats, boys and girls:

Matchup 264.png&h=100&w=100 2.png&h=100&w=100
1st Downs 12 16
3rd down efficiency 2-6 5-10
4th down efficiency 0-0 1-1
Total Yards 217 286
Passing 177 184
Comp-Att 10-18 15-19
Yards per pass 9.8 9.7
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Rushing 40 102
Rushing Attempts 12 28
Yards per rush 3.3 3.6
Penalties 2-20 5-54
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Possession 11:52 18:08

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Nothing wrong with play calling.  We have to be able to run the ball.  Interior OL and KMart looks like crap

How many rushing yards do we have at the half?

I thought KMart ran pretty well first quarter. I thought everything went well first quarter.

Must get a running game going. Third and long is not good. Offensive line not getting a lot of push therefore the backs are not getting much. When the front 7 are not getting pressure it exposes our dbs. 

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Im not pleased, but a lot of these posts are downright humorous. We arent playing Austin Peay or Eastern Illinois today. Did you expect UW to roll over and quit?

I didn't expect it but I was kind of hoping for it.

8 minutes ago, Tigercj said:

Looks like the same playing calling as last year. That sugar huddle needs to go it's the same play out of that formation every time. Red Zone problems still the same.

It will evolve.

10 minutes ago, Auburn2Eugene said:

I don't understand why you guys are fine with our DBs never turn to face the ball. 

Because, unless they are in phase, that is the absolute surest way to get beat by a receiver.

Pssst...they haven't been in phase much at all.

Just now, AUsince72 said:

Would like to see the Tigers continue with the same offense inside the Red Zone instead of getting cute.

Grimes needs to man up the run blocking (very surprising to be do weak up front).

Would like to think there will be a take of stairs, up & downs, and altogether better discipline as they are WAY too penalty prone.

Beyond that, about what I expected... opener against #6 in the nation.

Good game.

We’ve ran ok considering the opponent and the inexperienced o line. Hope it gels fast though.

Our running backs lack vision. Missing open holes to turn a 1 yard run into a 4 yarder. Again, I'm on the patio watching through the window. I could be missing a few things.

2 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

Im not pleased, but a lot of these posts are downright humorous. We arent playing Austin Peay or Eastern Illinois today. Did you expect UW to roll over and quit?

6th rated team....JMO but I expected them to be pretty good.   JS still losing track of time in the pocket

6 minutes ago, mikeholiday said:

Yes, they are obviously slow and lack explosiveness. I don't expect much of a pass rush from either of them. 

Davidson has been a full-time starter for two years and his career high in sacks is 3. 

Just dumb...

FGs are going to cost us! Not sure why we just don't throw it up to one of our WRs and let them go get it like we first did with Sal. Secondary is a big concern if we don't get pressure on the QB. CBs look lost. 

1 minute ago, ValleyTiger said:

Halftime stats, boys and girls:

Matchup 264.png&h=100&w=100 2.png&h=100&w=100
1st Downs 12 16
3rd down efficiency 2-6 5-10
4th down efficiency 0-0 1-1
Total Yards 217 286
Passing 177 184
Comp-Att 10-18 15-19
Yards per pass 9.8 9.7
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Rushing 40 102
Rushing Attempts 12 28
Yards per rush 3.3 3.6
Penalties 2-20 5-54
Turnovers 1 0
Fumbles lost 0 0
Interceptions thrown 1 0
Possession 11:52 18:08

1/2 UDubs passing yards on 1 drive.

5 minutes ago, AUGoo said:

Not sure about that.

Only about 5-6 runs up the middle on first down.

Still not '17 LSU second half......yet.

Yeah a bit of an exaggeration but we've been in this situation too many times to count. We all know how Gus comes out after needing adjustments. 

4 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

I think we don’t know what to do without a marque RB. A lot of zero production first down plays. The passing is looking better, at least.

Honestly, we should never schedule a big opening week game again. It just takes Gus two or three games to figure his team out.

I'm pretty sure they schedule these games at least 3 years out. I mean who would've thought Washington would be good now? Probably looked like an easy win 3-4 years ago

1 minute ago, AUGoo said:

How many rushing yards do we have at the half?

I thought KMart ran pretty well first quarter. I thought everything went well first quarter.

13 carries for 52 yards

Archived