*** Game Thread: Auburn vs. Washington ***

RunInRed

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Randman5000 said:

Yeah, would not mind us rotating some guys to catch a spark

We took Worm out as soon as he got us a key 1st down. Wish we would've kept him in.

6 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We have the same issue we have had last two years no Red Zone TD's. Stidham is hot and we get in the Red Zone and won't pass on 1st down. It makes no sense.

One of the best secondaries in the nation in the redzone...I'm just glad he's not forcing anything. THAT would be bad.

1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Because, unless they are in phase, that is the absolute surest way to get beat by a receiver.

Pssst...they haven't been in phase much at all.

Listen to this guy folks. This is his specialty as a Texas high school coach, which is like the SEC while in high school.

7 minutes ago, AuburnNTexas said:

We have the same issue we have had last two years no Red Zone TD's. Stidham is hot and we get in the Red Zone and won't pass on 1st down. It makes no sense.

Can’t argue with logic 

Just want to see better play calls on 1st/2nd and long. Tbh I think our backs have actually run well but we keep sending them into a wall on obvious downs. I thought for sure we were going to see Anthony get a touch pass on a sweep. Washington will stop collapsing the middle of our line only if we give them a reason to

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

6th rated team....JMO but I expected them to be pretty good.   JS still losing track of time in the pocket

He was fine until later in the 2nd, and then there were a couple of plays where he held it FOREVER. No QBs clock can be that bad. He had to know to get rid of it.

1 minute ago, Rednilla said:

It will evolve.

I hope so. But then again I thought it would evolve last year and at times it did but most of the time not so much. 

8 minutes ago, AUinfusion said:

I think we don’t know what to do without a marque RB. A lot of zero production first down plays. The passing is looking better, at least.

Honestly, we should never schedule a big opening week game again. It just takes Gus two or three games to figure his team out.

This has hardly been on the rb's..blocking and playcalling. They can only do so much.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

Yeah a bit of an exaggeration but we've been in this situation too many times to count. We all know how Gus comes out after needing adjustments. 

He cannot keep us his usual routine for 2nd Half. I hope one of the coaches reminds him that 3 is smaller than 6. Hate to say it BUT Defense gave UW all the momentum they needed. Need to produce TD's in 2nd Half and play Defense like we did for 28 minutes to start the game. Gracious..Win this one Auburn!

Folks forgetting what penalties are doing to us..

Of course we have alot to work on, but for THIS game we need to get at least 3 yards on a rush and we can't let them convert 3rd and 9-11

1 minute ago, Tigercj said:

I hope so. But then again I thought it would evolve last year and at times it did but most of the time not so much. 

Gotta keep the faith. For now, at least.

We dominated early and the UW staff made great adjustments. Now lets see if our coaches can do the same. 

We're close at halftime in Atlanta.  Looking to see more conservative play overall, more extreme desperation pass plays.  Third and long will be the theme.

Just now, AU64 said:

Folks forgetting what penalties are doing to us..

Not me.

Just said to my Dad, there will be some consequences this coming week.  Penalties are the biggest issue in this game, by far!

Just now, Rednilla said:

Gotta keep the faith. For now, at least.

I’m not losing faith at all. AU is winning . Gotta get fired up . That’s it 

Play calling other than the 2pt conversion and that dumb pass at the end of half on offense. One or two key blocks and this game is ugly. Db’s have done alright with exception of the two pi. Got to make them count and not give up the catch. The last drive for wash I put right on the dline. They sleep walked through and caused the dB’s to be all alone with a qb playing backyard toss.

Archived