***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

War Damn Eagle ?!

We win! I imagine we won’t see any Washington folks around. Noah is a going to be a great CB. I don’t care what anyone says. He has pretty dang good instincts 

It may have been sloppy, even downright ugly at times, but a big time drive late in the game to come from behind and win the game against the #6 team in the country.  I wont complain one bit about how we won.  

That late drive to get the go ahead touchdown is going to be big for this teams confidence for a long time.

I predicted 2 things this week:

-- the wildcat would continue to suck - unfortunately vindicated

-- We lose due to Oline inexperience - fortunately, I was an ass clown....War Eagle

Disappointing we have so many effeminate men posting on the game thread. Grow a pair please.

Top ten match . I expected it to be close. My homerism got in the way but all and all for an opener we need to be proud of the coaching staff and the players.

My take is this, a win is a win and the football gods blessed us with the best DLine in the country which is what won us the game. Our run game is atrocious and we won’t survive without it. I like KMart but I think it’s Whitlow we need to go with. We need to stick with him and see if we can get a rhythm going with him in the next game. 

Defense looks dominating at times. 

Clean up the penalties and clean up the run blocking.

Really pleased with pass protection.

Stidham is the GOAT. 

War Eagle

Lots of room for improvement but great boost for this team. The talking heads were saying not as much to gain for us by winning but not true. We know better after the last couple seasons. WDE 

typical malzahn opening game with the exception that this was a win....there is no such thing as an ugly win and thanks to the defense....luckily, washington got a bit frazzled at the end....

WDE. Got a long way to go, but we pulled it out. A lot of coach bashing for a first game on here. Im not sure what play calls we could suggest when the OL wasnt blocking for the run nor pass, but dangit the last part of the 4th quarter they stepped up and got it done. I thought a lot of out problems were on execution, mainly the OL, not coaching.

Archived