***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For some of this board the glass is half full

For others of this board the glass is half empty 

I am trying a new attitude compared to years in the past, I am happy with the win, good, bad or ugly, War Eagle.

4 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

He weighs more, sooooo

I agree weight and height doesn’t matter. The only thing that matters is if you can pound the rock up the middle and move the chains.

13 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

I didn't see that play tonight.

Exactly!

And we'll probably never see Cox at QB again (we can hope, anyway). If I was a DC, Cox at QB would be the least of my worries. 

(BTW, not bashing Cox or anything. I like the guy. He's a good blocker and receiver, and might be good at short-yardage situations. Just not QB, or running the ball on 1st and 10.)

I gotta believe Nick Brahms is the center against LSU.  UW got great pressure up the middle against he Oline.  Horton and Harrell both could have been better.  Stidham still holds the ball way too long.  I don’t care if it’s Kam, Boobie, Cox, Shivers, or Asa but somebody has to step up at RB.  Auburn’s offense doesn’t work as a pass oriented offense.  

10 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I gotta believe Nick Brahms is the center against LSU.  UW got great pressure up the middle against he Oline.  Horton and Harrell both could have been better.  Stidham still holds the ball way too long.  I don’t care if it’s Kam, Boobie, Cox, Shivers, or Asa but somebody has to step up at RB.  Auburn’s offense doesn’t work as a pass oriented offense.  

It was patently obvious from the upper deck that Stidham often had nowhere to throw the ball.  They blanketed our receivers at times, especially on down field routes.

Wow Alabama schedule truly is a joke. Didn’t really think about it until I just saw them talking about it. They probably won’t be challenged until they play use..wow

2 minutes ago, DAG said:

Wow Alabama schedule truly is a joke. Didn’t really think about it until I just saw them talking about it. They probably won’t be challenged until they play use..wow

Same with UGA.  We are the only challenge to either school

13 minutes ago, yngwie1995 said:

Exactly!

And we'll probably never see Cox at QB again (we can hope, anyway). If I was a DC, Cox at QB would be the least of my worries. 

(BTW, not bashing Cox or anything. I like the guy. He's a good blocker and receiver, and might be good at short-yardage situations. Just not QB, or running the ball on 1st and 10.)

Gotcha. I'm just glad that they know he might get the ball. Could open up something else.

Just now, bigbird said:

Same with UGA.  We are the only challenge to either school

UGA schedule is absolutely pathetic and I can’t believe a single speaking head is talking about it. I also can’t see them getting challenged in the SEC-East. UTenn is physical , but they just don’t have the talent. Same thing with USCe. Hopefully LSU and UF does something...

Question for the more knowledgeable on the subject, when Big Kat was playing I saw him drop back into coverage often. I also saw him play off the line all together a few times. Almost like a line backer. I do not have a problem with it, I’m just curious about how he’s being played because he seemed to be in the backfield often. I was impressed with his play outside of that one almost sack he muffed on. He also showed patients in the back field after he whiffed on that sack. TD looked... not that great. Hope he improves. 

3 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

It was patently obvious from the upper deck that Stidham often had nowhere to throw the ball.  They blanketed our receivers at times, especially on down field routes.

I was also in the upper deck and on some of those passes there were only 2 options to begin with.  The lack of running game killed The passing game in the third quarter.  I honestly thought UW was going to take over the game in the 3rd and 4th quarter but thank good for the defense.  ASU will be a joke but I fully believe by LSU either Boobie or Kam will be the main man.

Just now, Win4AU said:

I was also in the upper deck and on some of those passes there were only 2 options to begin with.  The lack of running game killed The passing game in the third quarter.  I honestly thought UW was going to take over the game in the 3rd and 4th quarter but thank good for the defense.  ASU will be a joke but I fully believe by LSU either Boobie or Kam will be the main man.

100% agreed

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Plays out well for us tbh. As long as we take care of business and sew up loose ends, we should be peaking when we hit the amen corner. 

Unfortunately, it could ultimately mean squat. Would be nice if the rest of the SEC could step their game up and help us out. You know UTk won’t.  

58 minutes ago, bigbird said:

I'm not seeing the love for Whitlow.

8 for 28yds and 1 of those was his 10yd TD.  That leave 7 for 18yds. That's 2.5 ypc. I enjoyed the toughness he showed on his TD run, but the other 7 left me wanting substantially more.

That's why I asked the question I asked....

5 minutes ago, ShocksMyBrain said:

Plays out well for us tbh. As long as we take care of business and sew up loose ends, we should be peaking when we hit the amen corner. 

Unfortunately, it could ultimately mean squat. Would be nice if the rest of the SEC could step their game up and help us out. You know UTk won’t.  

This is way , way too far ahead but since I have nothing but time on my hands I been thinking ...the priority is obviously an undefeated regular season and championship . However , if we were to drop a game going into that UGA and Bama stretch, it would probably hurt less if we lost to Bama vs UGA. Of course this all depends on UW winning out and us winning all of our games prior to those two. 

5 minutes ago, ClaytonAU said:

Y’all still lost tho so 

He said he was 100 percent accurate. So, he was practically predicting they would lose with all 5 of their Derwin James caliber DBs? 

giphy.gif

Archived