***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

typical malzahn opening game with the exception that this was a win....there is no such thing as an ugly win and thanks to the defense....luckily, washington got a bit frazzled at the end....

I would say it was more the typical Malzahn bashing by whiny fans.

Huge win, very ugly but stepped up when it counted. Whitlow is our guy. I think we need to get Asa Martin touches next week and put Kmart as the third back. 

3 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

My take is this, a win is a win and the football gods blessed us with the best DLine in the country which is what won us the game. Our run game is atrocious and we won’t survive without it. I like KMart but I think it’s Whitlow we need to go with. We need to stick with him and see if we can get a rhythm going with him in the next game. 

Whitlow played good but Kam is a much more all around back if used right . Whitlow will get the props for scoring the go ahead TD but Kam played pretty good . Had a couple break outs and caught the ball really well out of the backfield.

Was that Smoke Monday with the sack? What a play.

Just now, boisnumber1 said:

I would say it was more the typical Malzahn bashing by whiny fans.

Agreed.  The Malzahn bashing has to fricking stop.  We are a top 10 team.  I expect to move up.  

I have nothing to say but War Eagle!!! Wasn’t impressive, but I’ll dang sure take it. Now we have a little time to clean some stuff up and put our best product out on the field. 

3 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

WDE. Got a long way to go, but we pulled it out. A lot of coach bashing for a first game on here. Im not sure what play calls we could suggest when the OL wasnt blocking for the run nor pass, but dangit the last part of the 4th quarter they stepped up and got it done. I thought a lot of out problems were on execution, mainly the OL, not coaching.

You'd be correct.

Cam 80+ yards! Not bad

Glad we FINALLY got a good quality win for our first game. TONS of work to do on offense and in the secondary. But i'm just glad we FINALLY got a big win game 1 knowing we're the better team. THANK YOU SWEET JESUS FOR OUR DEFENSE!

6 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

typical malzahn opening game with the exception that this was a win....there is no such thing as an ugly win and thanks to the defense....luckily, washington got a bit frazzled at the end....

:slapfh:

The biggest improvement is week 1 to week 2 and usually in the way of penalties.  That defense of Washington is good.  We made championship plays when we need to. War eagle! 

8 minutes ago, AUFAN78 said:

Disappointing we have so many effeminate men posting on the game thread. Grow a pair please.

out of "likes"   but thanks.....and seems the general run of conversation was pretty typical ….too bad.

Sloppy at times but no turnovers!

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Agreed.  The Malzahn bashing has to fricking stop.  We are a top 10 team.  I expect to move up.  

I dont like to say we "struggled" during this game, because to say that is a slight to UW who is an impressive team.  They made adjustments and stopped us, just as we adjusted and stopped them.  UW is a great team, will probably run the table in the Pac 12 and have 1 loss at the end of the year.  They battled, we battled back, and we took home the W.

"Fans" to say we struggled, discredit that we played a quality opponent.

We played sloppy at times with WAY too many penalties and bonehead plays, but UW is good, and they gave us all we could handle.

7 minutes ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

My take is this, a win is a win and the football gods blessed us with the best DLine in the country which is what won us the game. Our run game is atrocious and we won’t survive without it. I like KMart but I think it’s Whitlow we need to go with. We need to stick with him and see if we can get a rhythm going with him in the next game. 

Agree. I'm normally one that's very tough on the play calling but we knew the OL was going to be a big question mark. They came out with a win against a very talented and well-coached Washington. We won! So know we get to use next week to clean up a lot of things on offense but i for one am happy we pulled out this win to FINALLY beat a top team game 1. 

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

What’s crazy to think about is as much complaining about the coaching.  Malzahn out coached Chris Petersen.  Think about that!!!

Actually he didn't. Defensive line came through at the end

Great win Auburn.  Now you'll get to work on the things you already know you need to improve. Especially QB, OL, DBs, get ready for next week. Whitlow for RB1, Cox nice job running catching, blocking, WRs nice job, D front 7 fantastic. Nice win guys and WAR EAGLE. 

Archived