***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

9 hours ago, WFE12 said:

Ha !!!

Granted, it was an extremely limited sample size, but I got a pretty douchey vibe from the Washington fans in the build-up to the game Saturday and I've always had a soft spot for Wazzu because of the Game Day flag thing. Not to mention the UDub fans couldn't even be bothered to travel to Atlanta for a long weekend. I tend to look for any little reason to have a rooting interest in inconsequential rivalries in other parts of the country. I have no problem actively rooting for the Cougs now. 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Granted, it was an extremely limited sample size, but I got a pretty douchey vibe from the Washington fans in the build-up to the game Saturday and I've always had a soft spot for Wazzu because of the Game Day flag thing. Not to mention the UDub fans couldn't even be bothered to travel to Atlanta for a long weekend. I tend to look for any little reason to have a rooting interest in inconsequential rivalries in other parts of the country. I have no problem actively rooting for the Cougs now. 

Average round trip flight prices that I have seen from Seattle to Atlanta are not bad at all.  Atlanta hotels also tend to be quite reasonable.  There is also enough there to entertain basically anyone for at least a long weekend.  That was probably one of the easiest cross-country away games for Washington fans to attend.  I know I would have taken the trip if it had been Auburn playing them in Seattle.

As for Wazzou, I like Mike Leach.  He is too much of a character for me to not like.  There were also plenty Wazzou fans around our tailgate that I met in 2006 and 2013.  They were good fans before and after the game, so I have tended to pull for Wazzou for a while now.

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Well, they're from Seattle and it's only a college game.

If it were a Seahawks game or Pearl Jam reunion they'd probably show up in droves...

14 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

Well, they're from Seattle and it's only a college game.

If it were a Seahawks game or Pearl Jam reunion they'd probably show up in droves...

There's good coffee everywhere now. Screw those guys. 

Nah, you're probably right about their college vs pro allegiance. Another reason to appreciate the Wazzoo folks more. 

Signed,
Auburn, Atlanta United, Falcons and Hawks fan

3 hours ago, McLoofus said:

That's unfortunate..Nowhere on the level of uga fans I bet though.

2 minutes ago, WFE12 said:

That's unfortunate..Nowhere on the level of uga fans I bet though.

Oh, sorry, I just meant on the webz. 

Regardless, there's no way they're nearly as douchey as bad uga fans. 

Archived