***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

I’ll say this as well, I think our OLine did pretty well in pass protection especially early on. Stidham needs to trust them more and get rid of it a little quicker. Can anybody there comment on the WR and them getting separation or not? Seems like sometimes Stidham had a significant amount of time to throw but wouldn’t pull the trigger. 

Side Note: Check out Smoke on that sack!!!!! 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, akcwde said:

I have nothing to say but War Eagle!!! Wasn’t impressive, but I’ll dang sure take it. Now we have a little time to clean some stuff up and put our best product out on the field. 

Sure it was. First off...they never quit fighting. Certain elements of the offense that alot of us have been clamoring for started to show. Lots of freshmen got significant playing time. OL needs quite a bit of work, but considering they have less than 20 starts combined and first game together, I'll wait to pass judgment until a couple of weeks.  Fortunately we have a lesser opponent next week to get some of these issues rectified. 

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

I’ll say this as well, I think our OLine did pretty well in pass protection especially early on. Stidham needs to trust them more and get rid of it a little quicker. Can anybody there comment on the WR and them getting separation or not? Seems like sometimes Stidham had a significant amount of time to throw but wouldn’t pull the trigger. 

Side Note: Check out Smoke on that sack!!!!! 

This. Much improved from the Clemson game 

Just now, agent_jack said:

Actually he didn't. Defensive line came through at the end

Lol 3rd and Goal from the 7 .  What would you call?  I bet not a power up the middle.  

The defensive line is part of Malzahn’s weapons.  Give it a break with the Gus bashing.  

I actually have to give the coaches a ton of credit. They know what this team is, and for the first time...well...maybe ever under Gus, they called a game to the strengths and weaknesses of the team. For the most part hid the inexperienced line and running back questions. There were only a couple of times where I shook my head over coaching things. 

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

We win! I imagine we won’t see any Washington folks around. Noah is a going to be a great CB. I don’t care what anyone says. He has pretty dang good instincts 

Yes he will. Just needs more reps.

8 minutes ago, DAG said:

Whitlow played good but Kam is a much more all around back if used right . Whitlow will get the props for scoring the go ahead TD but Kam played pretty good . Had a couple break outs and caught the ball really well out of the backfield.

I agree with that. I just kind of feel like Whitlow will do better with the way the OLine is(n’t) blocking. I’m fine with either. They just need to get a rhythm going with one of them and the Oline next game. 

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

out of "likes"   but thanks.....and seems the general run of conversation was pretty typical ….too bad.

To say the clueless annoy me would be an understatement.  My guess is only a couple have competed at this level, but insist on ignorant commentary. IIWII.

Beat a Top 10 opponent to open the season. We have a stud QB, o-line played better than a lot of us expected, defense front 7 manned up, Smoke Monday, Jamie Sherwood, and Daniel Thomas lay  wood to people, Seth Williams looked real good, Carlson can kick (and should have not had the pressure on him he had today), Whitlow will be our guy eventually, and the Worm should have been used more. Siposs is our best punter.

Too many penalties, DBs got torched and looked lost at times, need an edge rusher, kickoff returners need to fair catch more.

High potential for huge season, lots of work to do, but talent is there. WDE!!!

5 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What’s crazy to think about is as much complaining about the coaching.  Malzahn out coached Chris Petersen.  Think about that!!!

Outcoached????? How?

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Lol 3rd and Goal from the 7 .  What would you call?  I bet not a power up the middle.  

The defensive line is part of Malzahn’s weapons.  Give it a break with the Gus bashing.  

2 point conversion... what would you call?

Hard time evaluating RBs with the line blocking as it it did. I thought Boobie and Kam both did some things well, and some other things not so well. Also think Kam had some trouble with the turf - thought I saw him struggle with his footing on multiple plays.

Happy for the team. Defense looked good upfront still something's to work out in secondary. Someone needs to take the two point conversion out of the play book for now. Grimes will get the o line in shape and we need to clean up the penalties. I hope we open the play book more especially in the red zone. But again very happy for these young men. War Eagle

Someone said last week that CCox should never touch the ball again! How ya like me now?

4 minutes ago, agent_jack said:

Actually he didn't. Defensive line came through at the end

This is the typical crap thats posted all game long. Everything bad is Malzahn. Anything good - no credit. Very old. Refer to the "effiminate" fan remarks earlier in the thread. I think some of you guys watch the game just so you have something to whine about.

War Damn Eagle! Solid win, great to get off the snide in ATL against such a quality opponent.

Really uncharacteristic of a Gus team to have that many penalties. MUST clean that up. 

Gotta evaluate the OL and run game going forward. 

Defense stepped up when we needed them the most. 

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Appreciate your intelligence. 

Just now, toddc said:

Someone said last week that CCox should never touch the ball again! How ya like me now?

I didn't say it but I agree as far as running the ball

Archived