***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, sevenlee36 said:

Because Gus won and Petersen lost? But Petersen is a heck of a coach. He gets the most out of his players.

Nah, I've seen too many football games to say one outcoached another because of a win

Ill take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week. As our oline improves so does our offense. Patience my fellow tigers. This year is gonna be gooood! Just needs a little tobasco sauce!!

1 minute ago, WarEagleHunter1221 said:

Who agrees? Play of the game HANDS DOWN was Darryl Williams’ PBU. 

Oh my, yes!

2 minutes ago, selias said:

I'm still digesting this game. I'm happy, sad, concerned, ecstatic, frustrated, and elated all at the same time.

Pretty much sums up my emotions as well. I would love to know from Gus why we decided to go for 2 on the 1st TD play. Add confused to those emotions.

I’ll take some of the credit for this win. Kicked the wife out of the living and left the bad mojo of my man cave to finish the game in the living room. Next drive, Whitlow scores and the D holds. Your welcome... realistically the wife left for work, but the rest is true!!! Lots to clean up, but great win. 

9 minutes ago, bigbird said:

He is much more dynamic than Boobie. Boobie a few times reverted back to his old dancing self.  

I felt like Kam was leaning into contact that wasn’t there when he did have space (not that often) and was robbing himself of the chance to make a cut and use his speed and agility.

4 minutes ago, tbone4jc said:

Ill take an ugly win over a pretty loss any day of the week. As our oline improves so does our offense. Patience my fellow tigers. This year is gonna be gooood! Just needs a little tobasco sauce!!

But it feels so much better after a win against the # 6 team in the nation though, doesn't it?

Just now, AUStew87 said:

I’ll take some of the credit for this win. Kicked the wife out of the living and left the bad mojo of my man cave to finish the game in the living room. Next drive, Whitlow scores and the D holds. Your welcome... realistically the wife left for work, but the rest is true!!! Lots to clean up, but great win. 

I’ll take a little too. My good luck charm 3 y/o watched the 4th quarter with us after the wash score

Their DL was legit. I don't know how much of the OL performance was based on poor execution by us or great execution by them.  Probably some combination of the two, but in the end, we need more and better from the OL. 

I also think the run calls put unnecessary stress on the O.  We were not very balanced with that aspect.

Thrilled with this win and appreciate all of the commentary( missed the game because of a fly fishing float trip in Montana so it was worth it). I told my wife this morning that I thought this was one of the biggest AU games in awhile from a national perception standpoint. Ugly or not a win to start a season against a quality opponent is something we haven’t had in a very long time (heck, I don’t even remember the last time). I just have to believe that this game will really be a huge building block for us. War Damn Eagle!

Auburn definitely has alot of work to do, a blind man could see it in a heartbeat. A very successful small college basketball coach once told me he would much rather learn in a victory than a defeat.

Five of the last six opponents had a total of one loss prior to playing us... I know it was first game for UW? Five of the six were top 6 ranked teams also.

I think the OL will jell, and while they really were not terrible today they need a lot of improvement, which I think the jelling & improvement will come in time, 

and our backs could do a little better picking their holes and breaking it outside

Archived