***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, cole256 said:

So what makes some of you say KAM should be 3rd string?

Personally I think he just isn’t strong enough to get yards after contact. Now if the offensive line improves with his speed he could be good but I think Boobee and Asa might just be better fit as of now. I’m probably dead wrong tho just my opinion 

26 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is the typical crap thats posted all game long. Everything bad is Malzahn. Anything good - no credit. Very old. Refer to the "effiminate" fan remarks earlier in the thread. I think some of you guys watch the game just so you have something to whine about.

Correct

Warrrrr Eagle!!!!! Hey it was an ugly game with too many penalties and not a solid running game and not superior O line play but a win against a top 6 team on a “neutral field” I will take it all day it felt like a playoff game and it should catapult us to a solid season. Good start guys let’s keep it rolling and get better with fewer penalties!! ??

Kam  had a couple runs that should have been huge games but something always stopped him, shoe string tackle or turf jumping up and biting him. That one on the edge late in the game where he tripped himself would have been a huge gainer. Hopefully a scrub game next week gets the mojo working

1 minute ago, au302 said:

Personally I think he just isn’t strong enough to get yards after contact. Now if the offensive line improves with his speed he could be good but I think Boobee and Asa might just be better fit as of now. I’m probably dead wrong tho just my opinion 

The new patient K-Mart looks horrible.  Go back to last years style.  Just hit the hole as fast as you can.  

Love the passing to the RBs. Play calling was pretty decent. Running has got to improve... Would have liked to have seen not Shivers or Asa or Miller but I'm sure we'll see them all next week. Oline needs more attitude but they were challenged by a worthy opponent.

Those freaking penalties need to be fixed... I know Big 10 officials call everything but still, we need to take care of that. 

Let's take a few more shots down field. Again a worthy opponent.

Glad we broke our streak in Mercedes-Benz and against out of conference ranked teams. Great win. War Eagle ?

3 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Their DL was legit. I don't know how much of the OL performance was based on poor execution by us or great execution by them.  Probably some combination of the two, but in the end, we need more and better from the OL. 

I also think the run calls put unnecessary stress on the O.  We were not very balanced with that aspect.

It seemed to me that our OL was getting stood up a lot and not getting any movement at all on running plays. I will give Washington’s DL credit for a lot of that but we have to get better we will face better DLs in the SEC. I also felt the running backs missed a few holes that were there at times. Just need a better effort up front on offense.. more toughness. 

Love the defense. Our front 7 is for real. Secondary needs work. 

5 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Five of the last six opponents had a total of one loss prior to playing us

This is incredible, particularly for those (like me ?) wanting to give Gus a hard time.

15 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Nah, I've seen too many football games to say one outcoached another because of a win

How about play calls and protecting your QB and not putting him in position to take sacks and turning the ball over because of pressure?  

Being better in special teams?

Gutsy calls at the right times?  

Need more?

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Maybe because he looked horrible.  Terrible vision and no explosiveness.  

I thought we missed a few holes that were there for the rbs .. wasn’t impressed with Kam. I want to see Asa. 

WAR EAGLE!! What a huge win for Malzahn and our program. The 3rd quarter and the first half of the 4th quarter was looking like more of the same from Gus. But, we found a way to score a HUGE touchdown on our final drive and hold on for the win. There’s plenty for us to work on, but that was huge to win our first game out of the gate AND versus a top 10 team to-boot!

2 minutes ago, corchjay said:

The new patient K-Mart looks horrible.  Go back to last years style.  Just hit the hole as fast as you can.  

Completely agree. He tried to run KJ style but he’s just no KJ. He needs to hit the hole and get what he can. He gets no pop after contact

1 minute ago, au302 said:

I agree that's a real concern, and speed will be his greatest weapon. 

3 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Exactly. Explode through the hole. Run your style, not someone else's

25 minutes ago, Weagle98 said:

Sorry, didn't realize cox was a qb.

Wasn’t Cox, it was Malik Willis 

10 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Their DL was legit. I don't know how much of the OL performance was based on poor execution by us or great execution by them.  Probably some combination of the two, but in the end, we need more and better from the OL. 

I also think the run calls put unnecessary stress on the O.  We were not very balanced with that aspect.

Their DC was good at disguising especially 2nd half

Well, a win is a win, no matter how ugly. But Auburn will really need to address 2 important problems.

(1) penalties, most importantly in pass defense, and

(2) pass defense - is Auburn's only pass defense PI ?

That said, a win is a win and Auburn will not face an opponent this good until, well, Miss State ??? I sure hope Auburn defense cleans up its game in the interim.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

Yep the Kerryon look isn’t a good one at all for him.  

And Boobie is still dancing...

Archived