***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

I agree. We beat a quality team tonight with a bunch of mistakes made along the way. Tough schedule ahead but lots of opportunities. 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, bigbird said:

Sure was. He's a good DC

9 returning starters to a Top 5 I think defense is a good start to build on for a first game where offenses generally are a little sloppy

blondie caught a beautiful pass. we just beat a damn good team coached by one of the top three or four coaches in america. some of y'all miss the importance of this. penn state and app st in overtime and some of y'all are bitching about auburn? we never gave up and fought like the devil himself at times for that win. we will get pretty later.  some of you would be better served to not be so ungrateful.

Missed two rather easy FG and two xP.  That's 8 points.  We should've had TD rather than FG, but even though we didn't, we left 8 points on the field. Should've out at minimum 29 in a very good Day.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

9 returning starters to a Top 5 I think defense is a good start to build on for a first game where offenses generally are a little sloppy

That's why I think this experience for our Offense, especially the OL, will be an incredible asset moving forward.

1 minute ago, corchjay said:

I think the running back depth chart remains the same.  Just need to work on the mistakes

...And OL blocking.  Pass pro was good from the backs minus Cox getting destroyed.

I really excited and loved what I seen from RD on punt returns!!! It has been a long time since AU had a legit punt returner....I would be shocked if he doesn't take a couple to the house barring a injury

3 minutes ago, aubiefifty said:

blondie caught a beautiful pass. we just beat a damn good team coached by one of the top three or four coaches in america. some of y'all miss the importance of this. penn state and app st in overtime and some of y'all are bitching about auburn? we never gave up and fought like the devil himself at times for that win. we will get pretty later.  some of you would be better served to not be so ungrateful.

Out of likes. IOU.

17 minutes ago, corchjay said:

How did he not?  21-16 says he did.  Prove my statement wrong

Soooo you don't know either?

3 minutes ago, Auctoritas said:

Out of likes. IOU.

i will give ya a hint. i sign in and out of aufam several times a day and i have never run out of likes to give  lol.

13 minutes ago, corchjay said:

How about play calls and protecting your QB and not putting him in position to take sacks and turning the ball over because of pressure?  

Being better in special teams?

Gutsy calls at the right times?  

Need more?

I'm going to let you calm down a little

36 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Hard to disagree with any of that …..thanks... 

Our good friend Crepea has already posted his negative trash article which makes it sound like we just lost to Tuskegee. I will let him own the low road. We just beat a really good team, and should be favored the next 9 games. Great week coming up to make some tweaks. 

1 minute ago, hqsi99 said:

Sloppy or not, I’m sitting on my front porch with a nice glass of 15-year Glenlivet celebrating a win. 

I’ll take it. 

228CDCF0-7189-45C0-93D3-11CDA4469E00.jpeg

15 year scotch or 4 year Wild Turkey. Doesn’t matter.  1-0.  War damn eagle. 

18 minutes ago, corchjay said:

Maybe because he looked horrible.  Terrible vision and no explosiveness.  

I worried early on when I heard he was #1 and still do.   He has a role to play but just seems to lack the punch to help our run game be successful.   I guess lots of guys can look good if the OL opens truck sized holes but you don't get a lot of that in the SEC and when you have 3rd or 4th and 2 in a "must" situation...I just don't see him as a good option. 

the thought just hit me dye used to win ugly a bunch and i believe tubs as well. and i bet down the road when washington shows out against other teams people will appreciate this win more. and if we had been able to play in the heat and humidity instead of keeping the roof closed i honestly we win by 14 at least.................

2 minutes ago, Gowebb11 said:

Our good friend Crepea has already posted his negative trash article which makes it sound like we just lost to Tuskegee. I will let him own the low road. We just beat a really good team, and should be favored the next 9 games. Great week coming up to make some tweaks. 

Beat a higher ranked team with a four year QB and beat the spread.....while overcoming about a half mile of penalties.  

So what's to be so sad about.....well, other than the penalties of course.   JMO but the outlook looks pretty good.....

33 minutes ago, selias said:

I'm still digesting this game. I'm happy, sad, concerned, ecstatic, frustrated, and elated all at the same time.

Thus the life of an auburn fan. Still trying to process myself.

3 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I'm going to let you calm down a little

Hey Cole. Welcome back. Ain’t seen you in a few months. Now you’re back to tell us how much we suck, after beating a top ten team. Pound sand, young man. 

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Gusty call on 4th down by Steele man all out blitz

Indeed...he really bet the farm.... and maybe the season on that call....

Archived