***FINAL: AU 21 UW 16 — Postgame Thread***

RunInRed

I felt there were 2 poor coaching decisions, going for 2 after the first touchdown and the play call for the second 1.  

Washington WR's made some amazing receptions on very good coverage

Thought Kmart looked indecisive running the ball, but that the defense was probably the reason.

We beat a very good Washington team.  This was the best that we looked to start a season with Gus.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
58 minutes ago, corchjay said:

What’s crazy to think about is as much complaining about the coaching.  Malzahn out coached Chris Petersen.  Think about that!!!

Out coached in what way?

5 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Gusty call on 4th down by Steele man all out blitz

No Gus makes the gutsy calls for this team

Huge props to Washington defense. They have a legit defensive line and fantastic secondary. 

Definitely a lot of stuff to improve on, but being the first game, againts #6 in the country...I'm pleased with this win. That TD drive in the fourth after falling behind was fantastic. If this team can do that against #6 in the country, on the first game of the season...sky is the limit this year if  the      offensive line comes together.(Big if) WDE. 

9 minutes ago, AURex said:

Beat Udub with a bunch of field goals, but frankly, that will not cut it against out top rivals.

Did you ;miss the part where Auburn was behind late in the game and drove down the field and scored the winning TD.....that was pretty gutsy.... 

1 minute ago, NoALtiger said:

Out coached in what way?

Don't ask that, he's taking it personal right now. Let him sober up first

14 minutes ago, bigbird said:

That's why I think this experience for our Offense, especially the OL, will be an incredible asset moving forward.

Winning this way means more than kicking somebody’s tail 

2 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Out coached in what way?

Oh....how about that attempted draw by their QB down at the goal line that turned in to a fumble recovery?  

5 minutes ago, AuburnSoldier said:

Hey Cole. Welcome back. Ain’t seen you in a few months. Now you’re back to tell us how much we suck, after beating a top ten team. Pound sand, young man. 

I don't know you, but throw that quote up of me saying anything bad about the team. Don't worry I'm going to wait

2 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't ask that, he's taking it personal right now. Let him sober up first

Ha, im all the win and all. I’m not even a Gus basher. Just seems like a stretch statement but what do I know?? :) Good to see ya around again bud. 

Plenty to work on.  Plenty to build on.

WAYYYYYYYYYYY too many penalties (maybe officiating was too nitpicky) but still...

AU just beat the #6 team in the nation and presumably the best the Pac12 has to offer.

War Eagle!!!

3 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Oh....how about that attempted draw by their QB down at the goal line that turned in to a fumble recovery?  

One play doesn’t define “out coached” to me but to each his own. 

2 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

Weird post I not the biggest Gus fan. 

I'm just joking. I asked how did Gus outcoach outcoach whatever the other coach name was and I saw somebody say something about the fumble and I thought it sort of funny

Just now, cole256 said:

I'm just joking. I asked how did Gus outcoach outcoach whatever the other coach name was and I saw somebody say something about the fumble and I thought it sort of funny

:hellyeah:

Huge huge huge win. This one was  a “throw it all out there and win it, then fix the problems later” game. Beat a top 10 opponent in a stadium not named Jordan Hare and might be a top 5 team next week. Great win. 

Well I was one of several people worried about the play of the offensive line.  Started well.  Went into a funk in the middle of the game.  Came up big when it mattered.

There are several things I don't care about with Gus.  But one thing I've noticed is that his teams play better as the season progresses until he burns out his 1st string.  As long as he expands the plays among a larger group of players, we might be in for a really good season.

Great win.

5 minutes ago, NoALtiger said:

Ha, im all the win and all. I’m not even a Gus basher. Just seems like a stretch statement but what do I know?? :) Good to see ya around again bud. 

Good to see you too bro! And don't worry I asked the same question. What could go wrong lol

Just now, cole256 said:

It wasn't the fumble...but a funky call....just noting that every coach makes questionable play calls that don't work....and Udub had their share.  And just noting that I did not see anything from CP that seemed unusually creative....or that he had managed to coach his team to play beyond their level of talent. After all, he had the benefit of a 4 year QB and very experienced RB and was ranked #6 nationally.....and his team lost.  :dunno:

9 minutes ago, cole256 said:

I don't know you, but throw that quote up of me saying anything bad about the team. Don't worry I'm going to wait

Well just holla at me when you find it ok I mean you got a like out of it and everything it has to be true right? ?

8 minutes ago, AidiAU said:

And we beat the Benz curse! 

This, this, this, this, this!  FINALLY!!

Grateful for the win, great game!!!  Proud of the team, the coaching...just proud.

I thought of starting a thread called "Penalty for Penalties?" just as the CBS announcers talked about needing to discipline the team after a string of so many.  Then I thought I'll stick to the Lookalikes thread for now.  But sure do hope they get some sort of something toward eradicating them.  

:AUBig:

Archived