What do you want to see in week 2?

Barnacle

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’ll pick ten things I’d like to see, because I’m obsessed with lists lol.

1. Abnoxious rushing yards. Kam 200+ Boobee 200+ Asa 100+ Shivers 100+

2. Malik Willis throws for 250+

3. O-line stays in almost all game.

4. NCM and Darius Slayton each get a touchdown of 30+ yards. With Seth, Schwartz, and Hill all getting lots of targets.

5. O-line continues to gel and there are big enough lanes I could drive a semi through them.

Defense:

1. One player gets 5 sacks, don’t care who.

2. Backup linebackers get a tremendous amount of reps. As do the starting secondary players.

3. 4+ forced turnovers of any kind.

4. Absolutely no penalties.

5. Better containment while pressuring qbs. That’ll be important against all the dual threats we’ll see this year.

Bonus: Carlson redeems himself with a 55 yarder. Siposs locks down the punting job with obnoxious 70 yard punts.

There are many areas that need to be improved and they will be better in week two. But we've got to get ready for LSU so there are two areas that must get better and fast. The first is improved OL play, maintaining pass pro blocks, more aggressive run blocking and better execution overall. The second area is improvement by Stid in picking up the wide open WRs he missed in critical 3rd down situations, two of which were in the RZ. 

JMO but not much we do this weekend will help prepare for LSU....so rack up some stats, let the young guys play a lot and enjoy the day

4 hours ago, Zeek said:

I’ll pick ten things I’d like to see, because I’m obsessed with lists lol.

1. Abnoxious rushing yards. Kam 200+ Boobee 200+ Asa 100+ Shivers 100+

2. Malik Willis throws for 250+

3. O-line stays in almost all game.

4. NCM and Darius Slayton each get a touchdown of 30+ yards. With Seth, Schwartz, and Hill all getting lots of targets.

5. O-line continues to gel and there are big enough lanes I could drive a semi through them.

Defense:

1. One player gets 5 sacks, don’t care who.

2. Backup linebackers get a tremendous amount of reps. As do the starting secondary players.

3. 4+ forced turnovers of any kind.

4. Absolutely no penalties.

5. Better containment while pressuring qbs. That’ll be important against all the dual threats we’ll see this year.

Bonus: Carlson redeems himself with a 55 yarder. Siposs locks down the punting job with obnoxious 70 yard punts.

At least your wants are modest

For us to put the game away early unlike with last year's cupcakes and be able to rest the starters during the second half, given that this is sandwiched between two probable top ten matchups.

7 hours ago, corchjay said:

Win.  Move to 2-0 on the season.  Better execution.  

This . A convincing win . 

Swartz on an end around 

no half ass football like last year vs Mercer . 

NO INJURIES... 

I'd like to see Stidham, Kam, Boobie, Cox, Slayton, Davis, Horton (and maybe Harrel), Kim, and Driscoll on the sidelines leading cheers for the fans no later than after the 1st offensive drive of the 3rd quarter if not sooner.  I'd like to see Willis throw some meaningful passes and not just run the read option or wildcat look.  I'd like the game to be in no doubt after the 1st quarter.  I'd like to see McClain, and every freshman WR catch a pass from Willis.  I'd like to see Sandberg for at least a series running the offense and not just taking a knee.

What I'd like to see in week 2:

Ist teamers run up a very quick, efficient 21-0 lead no later than early 2nd quarter. Reserves take over, get lots of playing time and hold their own for the rest of the game. Call it a 42-14 final score.

Keep the starting 5 on OL in at least the full first 3 quarters*, unless Kim forces us into giving Brahms a look. 

Ditto for KMart and Boobee. Those guys needs reps. They also need some opportunities to get to the 2nd level and feel some success. Build some confidence and comfort. They also need more reps with Stidham. Even little things we don't think about like handoffs need to be repped in front of live bullets. After that, I'll take as many runs as we can manage from Shivers and whoever the next men up are. 

Do whatever you can to make the job harder for DCs further down the schedule. Keep the good plays limited and maybe throw in some garbage plays. Definitely a luxury to indulge only as long as the OL is controlling the game early.

Try to rest the old guys on defense as much and as early as possible. Work those young guys as much and as early as possible. I know Steele is already planning on this.

Not looking for this to be a "fan friendly" game. I'm not looking for the shiny new toys to entertain me against an overmatched opponent. Not looking for big stats, although it might be nice to reward some of the upperclassmen on defense and boost their draft profile. 

Try to find balance between working on red zone offense but also getting Carlson some work.

*End of the 3rd quarter is my arbitrary point in the game. Just easy for my simple brain to grasp.

- Run. The. Ball.  Run blocking and RB patience needs work, so get the practice in.  If Stidham throws more than 10 times, I'll be furious.

- When Malik gets in, run the whole offense with him and the younger guys.  Game reps would be huge for them.

- Reduce the penalties.

- Sit anyone with even a minor nick of an injury.  Our backups should be able to handle ASU easily.  No reason to risk injury where we don't have to with two conference games on the horizon.

1 hour ago, Barnacle said:

No penalties would also be a worthy goal. 

Yeah. For all the discussion about how to rotate guys, I wouldn't be surprised to see anyone with a 15-yarder get verbally flayed and benched after all the shenanigans this past Saturday.

15 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

- Sit anyone with even a minor nick of an injury.  Our backups should be able to handle ASU easily.  No reason to risk injury where we don't have to with two conference games on the horizon.

Yeah, there are certain guys who I don't even think we should play a snap, Ryan Davis being one of them. I could live without Cox playing too much, either. 

1 minute ago, Barnacle said:

Yeah, there are certain guys who I don't even think we should play a snap, Ryan Davis being one of them. I could live without Cox playing too much, either. 

Hear, hear. Probably the two most known quantities on offense and we don't have another of either. 

I somehow got it in my head over the summer that RD was one of the two guys who had a serious injury. I had trouble sleeping. 

3 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Hear, hear. Probably the two most known quantities on offense and we don't have another of either. 

I somehow got it in my head over the summer that RD was one of the two guys who had a serious injury. I had trouble sleeping. 

I get it. An injury to Davis would have serious implications on our offense moving forward. He is essential to the success of our offense. 

4 hours ago, Barnacle said:
4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

I get it. An injury to Davis would have serious implications on our offense moving forward. He is essential to the success of our offense. 

After watching the game and going back to last season, my "Too late, Season's started" Mark My Words is - Ryan Davis = 2018 AU Offensive MVP and quite possibly SEC PoY**

**You know the media's already handed that title to Tua, but I mean the REAL PoY :beer2:

4 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

After watching the game and going back to last season, my "Too late, Season's started" Mark My Words is - Ryan Davis = 2018 AU Offensive MVP and quite possibly SEC PoY**

**You know the media's already handed that title to Tua, but I mean the REAL PoY :beer2:

Man. I didn't watch bama play the other night but I did watch a few gifs of Tua today. He's a damned freak.

RD is, too, though. If he stays healthy this season, he'll earn some more school records. I think somebody said he's only 38 off the career receptions record? I know we all want that Dez Bryant, AJ Greene guy, but Antonio Brown is the best WR in the NFL. Just sayin...

34 minutes ago, AUsince72 said:

No doubt could be our offensive MVP. I don't think he's going to reach 100 catches this season, just based upon the distribution that we saw on Saturday, but certainly could be another 70-80 catch season. 

25 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Man. I didn't watch bama play the other night but I did watch a few gifs of Tua today. He's a damned freak.

Tua is the real deal, and Bama's soft schedule is going to benefit him greatly. I'm expecting some pretty gaudy numbers. 

7 minutes ago, Barnacle said:

No doubt could be our offensive MVP. I don't think he's going to reach 100 catches this season, just based upon the distribution that we saw on Saturday, but certainly could be another 70-80 catch season. 

Tua is the real deal, and Bama's soft schedule is going to benefit him greatly. I'm expecting some pretty gaudy numbers. 

I was torn between response 1, I wanted to give a Like.

But then you combined the Tua, I wanted to give an Angry Face.

....so I gave a Thanks.

?

5 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

**You know the media's already handed that title to Tua, but I mean the REAL PoY

That's only because when the see his name, they think it is the abbreviation for The University of Alabama.

Archived