What do you want to see in week 2?

Barnacle

5 minutes ago, oracle79 said:

That's only because when the see his name, they think it is the abbreviation for The University of Alabama.

Ugh, it fits don't it. ?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/3/2018 at 2:06 PM, AUpreacherman22 said:

I wanna see Asa and Worm get a lot of carries.  

I wanna see Seth W, Hill, and Schwartz play a lot.  

I wanna see Britt, Wooten, Smoke, Sherwood, Tutt, and others on defense get a lot of snaps.  

I wanna see someone not named Jarrett Stidham make some accurate passes (don’t care which one)

I wanna see a score of 40+ to 0.   However, I’m willing to allow a score because of all the young guys getting experience.  

I'm with you on all points and I'll add one. I wanna see referees that can see.  

Schwartz on a jet sweep for 80yds ala Eli Stove against Arkansas

Malik Willis doing more than hand off.

maybe even some Cord

Tolbert getting a rushing TD

- no injuries

- jarrett's play action looking so deceitful it's downright marshall-esque.

- a dozen pass completions to TEs

- textbook WR blocks 

- boobee running from scrimmage for 200

- boobee throwing a td

- boobee w/ 400 all purpose yards

- brahms in the game looking good

- a 65 yd fg

- siposs doing what he can do, consistently 

Just now, cole256 said:

Willis getting in and playing well. A bunch of the young guys. No injuries

This right hurrrr

4 minutes ago, Randman5000 said:

If You want to improve the running game: Gatewood.

Gatewood is already ruled out by Gus.  Couple weeks at least due to the thumb.

47 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Why gatewood to improve running game?

Most are expecting the Cam Newton effect . MW would improve it in my opinion too just due to the fact the defense would have to key on both the QB and RB as threats to run the ball.

1 hour ago, cole256 said:

Willis getting in and playing well. A bunch of the young guys. No injuries

+1 

I also want to see Cord get some live game action - he's gotta be rusty after all this time.

We have to remember that there's a significant lack of experience on our offense, especially when you get to the 2s. Very few starts for our OL or RBs and several freshmen WRs on the 2-deep. Those guys all need lots of reps, and several of them need quality reps with Stidham still in the game. Don't want to get too wrapped up in building depth until our 1s are actually up to SEC quality. 

And if Willis is locked in at QB2, then he needs to take every snap that Stidham doesn't IMO. He's still way behind what an Auburn QB1 needs to be. I'm okay waiting til the spring game to find out any more about Sandberg.

Offensive line to stay in the game at least the majority of the time. Rotation of the running backs to all get experience but also improve on the weaker run game.

Malik actually being a QB instead of a running back. He needs to learn not to keep the ball every dang time and maybe even throw a few passes.

More defensive pressure creating turnovers. Solid rotation on the defensive line to give young guns playing time and limit risk of injury.

A shutout

But realistically, the opposite of the Mercer game last year.

On 9/4/2018 at 10:33 AM, Brad_ATX said:

When Malik gets in, run the whole offense with him and the younger guys.  Game reps would be huge for them.

Absolutely agree! 

1 hour ago, looney said:

Washington Huskies running up about 80 pts and 800 yds against North Dakota.

Nice change of pace!!!

2 hours ago, McLoofus said:

We have to remember that there's a significant lack of experience on our offense, especially when you get to the 2s. Very few starts for our OL or RBs and several freshmen WRs on the 2-deep. Those guys all need lots of reps, and several of them need quality reps with Stidham still in the game. Don't want to get too wrapped up in building depth until our 1s are actually up to SEC quality. 

And if Willis is locked in at QB2, then he needs to take every snap that Stidham doesn't IMO. He's still way behind what an Auburn QB1 needs to be. I'm okay waiting til the spring game to find out any more about Sandberg.

good points - Way to bring the day dreams down to reality Loof.

when you look at the lack of yardage LSU (under 300), you have to think that our defense will be light years better than UM's.  I think our defense will shut LSU down. Miami had  little if any film to study up on LSU being that this was game 1 in their new offensive change from Canada's offense. You can bet the ranch that CKS will study game film of the Miami game and have a plan to make life down right miserable for LSU when they bring their corn-dog stench to JHS.

Our offense is far superior to Miami's and it will show in 2 weeks. This game is so important in that we can and will establish our ground as a team in the SEC that other teams do not want to play. We need to go into that game with a huge chip on our shoulders and take LSU to the outhouse early and often! I do not like LSU and want them to lose as much as bammer, UGA & Ole Miss.and any team that gets in our way!

I hope you understand this post-----

I would like to see Willis in the offense he is going to be asked to run this year with all avenues open and available.  I want to see him  RUNNING the offense, not passing the time along on the field trying to end the game.  I want to see him surrounded with the personnel around him that would be there if he was our starter.  If he can not be effective running an offense setup like Stidham runs, then i want to see him running an offense built around his strengths.  This is my desire and i will never see it happen i know.

Archived