Washington Game Report Card

StatTiger

22 hours ago, StatTiger said:

The standards established are based on some national averages and Auburn averages. Because the goal is to reach the average in each category, I rate 50% as a passing grade.

Damn if they only had done that at Auburn bird could have gotten accepted. Poor guy

51 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

The national average the last five years is 5.98 yards per play on first down.

That fact that more and more schools are willing to pass on first down probably affects that number.  JMO but a predominantly ground oriented team might have a hard time maintaining an average like that. 

Saw that AU passed on first down 42% of the time on Saturday which is why the big range of yardage for 2nd down plays.    Pass completion rate of 60+ % is likely to  skew the average upward. 

1 hour ago, AU64 said:

That fact that more and more schools are willing to pass on first down probably affects that number.  JMO but a predominantly ground oriented team might have a hard time maintaining an average like that. 

Saw that AU passed on first down 42% of the time on Saturday which is why the big range of yardage for 2nd down plays.    Pass completion rate of 60+ % is likely to  skew the average upward. 

Malzahn’s offense at AU has averaged 6.22 yards per play on first down.

21 minutes ago, StatTiger said:

Malzahn’s offense at AU has averaged 6.22 yards per play on first down.

wait...I read on this forum almost daily that Gus always runs a "no-gainer" into the middle of the line on first down....how can that average be right?   :dunno:

28 minutes ago, AU64 said:

wait...I read on this forum almost daily that Gus always runs a "no-gainer" into the middle of the line on first down....how can that average be right?   :dunno:

Averages bolstered by the middle eight games.

4 minutes ago, jAUSon said:

Averages bolstered by the middle eight games.

That and bolstered by games when Kerryon was 100% or close to it... 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Damn if they only had done that at Auburn bird could have gotten accepted. Poor guy

Bird couldn't get accepted into Auburn?scruffy-man-in-green-tshirt-shrugging-with-palms-up-picture-id184598828.jpg

12 hours ago, AU64 said:

Probably because that counts Gus' time as OC and the 2013 Season where they had a lot of 2nd and 1's.

.....just kidding....

Archived