Null

Sign in to follow this  
StatTiger

Washington Game Report Card

Welcome back Stat!

I always look forward to your game report card as well as your additional insight.  

• Like 2

Welcome home @StatTiger. Question for you (or anyone else): Is 40% threshold too low to pass on 3rd down conversions? Seems like a low bar, but I'm a layman, so...just curious. Thanks again.

Edited by jAUSon

Thanks stat! War Eagle 🦅 

2 hours ago, jared52 said:

Sweet mercy, @StatTiger is back...

Yes!  I was seriously getting worried, I thought I'd missed something!

Great to have you back Stat. Love your posts.

9 minutes ago, aucanucktiger said:

I know this is not new but what is the reasoning behind a passing score being 50%?

The standards established are based on some national averages and Auburn averages. Because the goal is to reach the average in each category, I rate 50% as a passing grade.

• Like 1

Thanks Stuart. Greatly appreciated. WDE!!!

Thanks Stuart.  I would give special teams a fail,.  Certainly their were good moments,  but a missed FG and two missed two point conversions makes it hard to give a pass.   

• Thanks 1

Stat, would be great to see a breakdown of what exactly happened on that touchdown play, especially since you mentioned the design of it being what allowed Whitlow to score. I think that was a stellar playcall (helps that it worked haha).

One thing I was excited to see in the passing game was back shoulder throws. The receiving corps, coupled with Stidham's abilities is going to be a big strength of this team, which is one reason I'm glad we passed the ball 42% of the time on 1st Down. 

If you take away the SECCG and Peach Bowl, ever since the LSU game last year, I have been thoroughly impressed with the coaching staff. They have reversed a lot of trends and have put the team in contention to do some really good things this year, especially if the Offensive Line can get strong.

Thanks Stuart. Greatly appreciated. WDE!!!

THanks! Enjoyed the read!

6 yard average on first down is high ask. Surpised that’s the expectation. I’d say if you average 5 yards in first down your doing well. 

Also strange to see the O actually grades out higher than the D. 

• Like 1

Great stuff as always, ST.  If you don't mind me tacking on...here's a look at what our guys did on the career stats charts:

* Kam Martin reached 1,000 career all-purpose yards

* Ryan Davis passed Rod Smith and Darvin Adams to move up to 8th all-time in receptions

Looking forward to Alabama State:

* Darius Slayton needs 14 yards for 1,000 career receiving and all-purpose yards

* Jarrett Stidham needs 12 completions to enter the career top 10 (12 to tie Nick Marshall at # 10, 13 to pass him)

* Davis needs 2 receptions to pass Emory Blake for 6th all-time (this is the likeliest of school career records to be broken this year, Davis needs 38 to break Courtney Taylor's career mark)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Stat! You're the best. Our goal line D definitely deserved the bonus!
War Eagle.

8 hours ago, gravejd said:

THanks! Enjoyed the read!

6 yard average on first down is high ask. Surpised that’s the expectation. I’d say if you average 5 yards in first down your doing well. 

Also strange to see the O actually grades out higher than the D. 

The national average the last five years is 5.98 yards per play on first down.