Upon Further Review - Washington Game

StatTiger

10 minutes ago, McLoofus said:

Much like what I see in that gif, there are 2 equally good options.

Wait, there are words in that gif? Where?

Words?  I didn't notice either.

I just was looking for an appropriate gif and this made me happy so I posted it.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, AUsince72 said:

Momma Worm's boy certainly earned his shot at being Mr. Jet Sweep.

He would be great at that, but the jet sweep guy needs to be out there a good bit of the time.  Otherwise it will be pretty obvious what the play call is.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Freak said:

He would be great at that, but the jet sweep guy needs to be out there a good bit of the time.  Otherwise it will be pretty obvious what the play call is.

Excellent. More snaps for Worm. 

28 minutes ago, The Freak said:

Yes, I hope so ?

4 hours ago, McLoofus said:

Much like what I see in that gif, there are 2 equally good options.

Wait, there are words in that gif? Where?

The answer is right behind her.

I was very pleased with the efforts and the result.  Washington is a complete team on both sides of the ball.  They pushed us.  Gus was his usual self with the play calling  made things interesting ( going for 2 on the 1st touchdown-- he called it being aggressive!!  --).  I saw some things that intrigued me.  The routes over the middle---  (we could have done that the whole game), Cox as a receiver out of the backfield and TIGHT ENDS!!!  Defensively we dominated, just the usual suspect things of defensive backs not looking back for the ball, and over persuit of the QB ans allowing rb to the outside of the formations at times...  AUsome win!!  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WFE12 said:

As long as Ryan Davis is healthy, I think that will continue, and for good reason. And I was happy to see Martin more involved in the passing game in that manner. 

• Like 1

Atmosphere of the game sounded great.....fans were into it ....especially the fourth quarter.

IIRC we don't run the sweeps against the top defenses on our schedule. We rarely ever attempt them vs Bama, it feels like.

Washington, being a top defense along with their unique alignments, is built to shut down the sweep game. 

Absolutely great adjustment by Gus and CCL to find other ways to attack the perimeter. Great job by Gus in a game 1. 

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 8:28 AM, McLoofus said:

As long as Ryan Davis is healthy, I think that will continue, and for good reason. And I was happy to see Martin more involved in the passing game in that manner. 

No reason not to...very high completion rate and those type passes are like an extension of the running game.....just a better way to get a ball carrier out beyond the defensive ends with  an opportunity to get into open field.    JMO but that kind of attack against a good defensive team off-sets the less than stellar running stats. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AU64 said:

No reason not to...very high completion rate and those type passes are like an extension of the running game.....just a better way to get a ball carrier out beyond the defensive ends with  an opportunity to get into open field.    JMO but that kind of attack against a good defensive team off-sets the less than stellar running stats. 

Plus Cox had 4 receptions for over 50 yards

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, AU64 said:

This! When we didn’t run the jet sweeps because of their de alignment this kinda took its place I believe to attack the perimeter .

• Like 1

On 9/5/2018 at 9:17 AM, McLoofus said:

That's where my money is. Unless he goes out and steals one of the top 2 RB spots...

Update: I think the latter possibility is very much in play. At worst, it looks like Shaun is locked in at RB and it will be other guys running sweeps. Hell yeah.