John Broussard has left the team

AUDub

a year or 2 ago, there was some advantages to transferring early season.  I dont recall the specifics, but is it too late to transfer to a JUCO this year and be eligible to play D1 after the first game next year?  Also, with the new redshirt rule, we may see more kids quit after 2-3 games once they see where they are in the pecking order.  anyone remember the transfer thing ... didnt a rival qb do it one of the last 2 years?

1 hour ago, mustache eagle said:

a year or 2 ago, there was some advantages to transferring early season.  I dont recall the specifics, but is it too late to transfer to a JUCO this year and be eligible to play D1 after the first game next year?  Also, with the new redshirt rule, we may see more kids quit after 2-3 games once they see where they are in the pecking order.  anyone remember the transfer thing ... didnt a rival qb do it one of the last 2 years?

Isn’t that what Byron Cowart did last year?

6 hours ago, mustache eagle said:

I believe Grier did it leaving Florida for West Virginia. He could play after 1 full year removed from previous school. Blake Barnett did as well I think. 

OK so I wasn’t crazy

there is some precedent.  Of course they put the new transfer rules in place which won’t allow a kid to talk w another college first.  Guess he could always use an intermediary like his high school coach?

anyways ... just something, a possible trend, to keep an eye on.

Archived