Rankings Talk

DAG

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These guys make no sense to me.  How does UGA play Austin Peay and move over OSU who curb stomped Oregon state?  What did UGA and Ohio State do to make the coaches flip them?  I hate both of them and don't care but some of the stuff in these polls is baffling.  We would not be happy if it was us.

Meanwhile State Penn needs overtime to beat App State and they only drop 1 position.  It should have never made it to overtime.

1. Georgia did what exactly to move up? I'm in the same boat as @NorthGATiger on this one.

2. Wisconsin only put up 34 points on a bad Western Kentucky team. Not sure why they rose up.

3. Penn State only down 1 after almost losing to App State???

4. Washington down 5 is too much. They were neck and neck with us in the game so they should be almost right behind us in the polls.

5. Virginia Tech over LSU? Lol k.

6. Michigan State only down 1? Lol k.

7. Go Knights!

Just now, Zeek said:

1. Georgia did what exactly to move up? I'm in the same boat as @NorthGATiger on this one.

2. Wisconsin only put up 34 points on a bad Western Kentucky team. Not sure why they rose up.

3. Penn State only down 1 after almost losing to App State???

4. Washington down 5 is too much. They were neck and neck with us in the game so they should be almost right behind us in the polls.

5. Virginia Tech over LSU? Lol k.

6. Michigan State only down 1? Lol k.

7. Go Knights!

Coaches poll doesn’t make any sense. However, UGA shouldn’t have been ranked below them to begin with to be fair. The AP poll has UGA two spots ahead of tOSU I believe last opening weekend.

Unlike the AP human poll, the "coaches poll" gets almost zero attention from the playoff committee (notwithstanding it's hype by USAToday), in part because it is actually frequently created by program PR directors rather than coaches who hardly have time to research such stuff not on their schedule during the season. 

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/4/17817518/ncaa-football-rankings-week-1-2018-new-updated-top-25

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Georgia

4. Ohio State

5. Auburn

6. Washington

7. Oklahoma

8. Wisconsin

9. Notre Dame

10. Stanford

#ChangeMyMind

12 minutes ago, NorthGATiger said:

These guys make no sense to me.  How does UGA play Austin Peay and move over OSU who curb stomped Oregon state?  What did UGA and Ohio State do to make the coaches flip them?  I hate both of them and don't care but some of the stuff in these polls is baffling.  We would not be happy if it was us.

Meanwhile State Penn needs overtime to beat App State and they only drop 1 position.  It should have never made it to overtime.

I think the whole urban thing made Ohio State move down. as the coaches poll was released before the suspension.

Auburn jumps up to #7 in the AP Poll...

https://collegefootball.ap.org/poll

Also, I usually don't pay much attention to articles from BSPN, but this one is a power ranking that has us at #3 in the country behind Alabama and Clemson

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24570167/college-football-power-rankings-alabama-clemson-stay-top

Who tf gave Wisconsin a first place vote? Lol that game against Western Kentucky has someone drinking the Kool Aid apparently.

40 minutes ago, Zeek said:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Georgia

4. Ohio State

5. Auburn

6. Washington

7. Oklahoma

8. Wisconsin

9. Notre Dame

10. Stanford

#ChangeMyMind

Oklahoma above Washington. Everything else is correct.

Auburn with 2 first place votes in coaches poll! I like it, but doesn’t mean squat. We just gotta keep winning! War Eagle ? 

41 minutes ago, BJCrawford said:

Surely that will put gameday in Auburn!

Could be. 

Competition being tOSU-TCU (ABC) in Jerry World and USC-Texas (FOX). Continue the Urban talk? Texas losing to Maryland definitely lost some luster. 

This is why the playoff was started. These polls have always been a bunch of bs. The people that vote in them havent the integrity to vote honestly. Thank god we dont have to rely on the Ahole Poll (AP) to be fair anymore.

27 minutes ago, boisnumber1 said:

This is why the playoff was started. These polls have always been a bunch of bs. The people that vote in them havent the integrity to vote honestly. Thank god we dont have to rely on the Ahole Poll (AP) to be fair anymore.

AMEN!

:bow:

These meaningless polls are for fan discussion purposes only, the actual coaches don't have the time to even place their own vote - they get some GA to do it.

In my incredibly humble opinion....

Polls suck.  Who cares?

Auburn has one of three goals based on recent evidence.

Goal# 1: Beat Georgia, Beat Bama, Win the SECCG

Goal# 2: Lose to Georgia, Beat Bama, Win the SECCG

Now, if you want Auburn to have to depend on the knuckleheads who come up with these entirely way too subjective (and led by TV ratings & $$$) polls then there's always......

Goal# 3: Beat Georgia, Lose to Bama, No SECCG and Back door their way into the CFP BABY!!!! ....course for that to happen, AU cannot afford any 2017 LSU type debacles...

War Eagle!

Archived