Heisman Watch

tigerbrotha12

3 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/heisman/

No Stidham. I find it odd considering he had pretty good odds coming into the season. I figured 273 yards with a TD and 0 INTs with a 72% CMP PCT against a top 10 defense would put him up there. Oh well...

I hope Stidham wins the Heisman and Auburn wins the natty but he did not look like a Heisman caliber Qb Saturday.  Heisman Qbs take over games and the moment is theirs.  I wouldn’t say that happened Saturday.  If Stidham comes out against LSU and throws for 400 yds and 4 TDS 0 INTs then he’ll be top of that list.

Y'all must not have gotten the ESPN memo per Chris & Herb. Tua will easily win the Heisman due to the 50+ ppg that the offense will score with him. Also, forget the NC..it's theirs, also.  May as well cancel the season and just award the trophies now.

I bet those asshats have bammer posters on their bedroom ceilings.

14 minutes ago, Win4AU said:

I hope Stidham wins the Heisman and Auburn wins the natty but he did not look like a Heisman caliber Qb Saturday.  Heisman Qbs take over games and the moment is theirs.  I wouldn’t say that happened Saturday.  If Stidham comes out against LSU and throws for 400 yds and 4 TDS 0 INTs then he’ll be top of that list.

I'd actually tend to disagree with that. I thought, save for one drive, he looked poised and confident back there. He's obviously got a big time arm and led the team down the field when they needed to score. Bryce Love is still on that list after running for 29 yards on 18 carries. Herbert, the Oregon QB, only completed 10 passes for 281 yards, and there was an 83 yarder in there to pad that. Kyler Murray is also up there completing 9 passes for 209 yards and rushing for 23 yards on 4 carries. These are not Heisman numbers.

I'm not saying Stidham should be tops on that list, but it was odd to me that he seemed to be on that list coming into the season and all the sudden, after a relatively good game, he's off the list completely; whereas other guys who were on that list had very pedestrian games against weaker teams and stayed on the list. 

Makes ya wonder

22 minutes ago, Swamp Eagle said:

Y'all must not have gotten the ESPN memo per Chris & Herb. Tua will easily win the Heisman due to the 50+ ppg that the offense will score with him. Also, forget the NC..it's theirs, also.  May as well cancel the season and just award the trophies now.

I bet those asshats have bammer posters on their bedroom ceilings.

Tua will get them beat . He is wreckless at times . Solid qb though . The hype though ???? 

10 minutes ago, tigerbrotha12 said:

I'd actually tend to disagree with that. I thought, save for one drive, he looked poised and confident back there. He's obviously got a big time arm and led the team down the field when they needed to score. Bryce Love is still on that list after running for 29 yards on 18 carries. Herbert, the Oregon QB, only completed 10 passes for 281 yards, and there was an 83 yarder in there to pad that. Kyler Murray is also up there completing 9 passes for 209 yards and rushing for 23 yards on 4 carries. These are not Heisman numbers.

Makes ya wonder

Definitely agree with you on this info.  I’m sure Stidham would have lit up the teams those guys played too.  I can’t get that awful grounding play out of my head though ?

It will take more then Jarrett throwing for 400 yards 5 or 6 TD's and no INT's against LSU for him to be at the top on the Heisman list. Lets wait and watch him put up big stats vs  like Texas A&M, Ga and even uat and ect. But after how he played vs Washington, I think Jarrett is off to a great start.

2 hours ago, Win4AU said:

It’s Tua’s To lose the way the media is 

Stid played a very good game, not perfect.  I was very pleased with his performance week 1 against a stout D.   If he continues to play at that level and we keep winning, he’ll be in the discussion when it matters.  

Stidham can have a strong argument if he goes undefeated and posts his presumably moderate statline, but I don't see how much of a leg he can stand on with sub 300 yard performances and only 1 or 2 TDs. I dont like how much hype Tua has gotten but I think he has a better chance (other than just schedule) because he takes risks and those risks often pan out. He's just an explosive player...I can't remember the last game manager type to get the Heisman. I'd put Jarrett like slightly above that style of play, he makes the smart throws, doesn't attempt too many tough throws, and just keeps the offense flowing. 

Not saying that's not conducive to winning, just don't think its conducive to a Heisman. I'd love to see him prove me wrong though 

I’m surprised Dontavius Russell isn’t on there either.  He showed great vision running the ball.  One of the best running backs in our first game. 

1 hour ago, atl-tiger said:

Some clown on that Get Up show on ESPN said Tua was the greatest athlete since LeBron James. 

Really? He reminds me a lot of a shorter Mariota

Wins are the biggest stat for QBs hoping to be a finalist imo. A 3500 yard, 25 TD passer will always be in the race as long as he’s the difference maker for his team.

With that said.. Grier, Haskins, Tua, etc. are going to be hard to top if they keep winning

12 minutes ago, bigbird said:

Really? He reminds me a lot of a shorter Mariota

Haha yes.  To be fair to the show, they all roasted him afterwards for making that comparison to Lebron James.  

I can see the Mariota reference for sure though.

20 minutes ago, djg0017 said:

Wins are the biggest stat for QBs hoping to be a finalist imo. A 3500 yard, 25 TD passer will always be in the race as long as he’s the difference maker for his team.

With that said.. Grier, Haskins, Tua, etc. are going to be hard to top if they keep winning

Agreed. Stidham's not going to put up the numbers they will on the season, and he's not going to make the gif-worthy plays that Tua does. He'll need a few statement wins and probably a playoff appearance. Maybe one game on national television where he for 350 and 3 or something with a couple wow throws. 

Him just getting invited to New York would be a huge win for Auburn. Most important and probably more likely is him going in the 1st or 2nd round of the draft. 

Cole McDonald has an arm... e-i-e-i-o

(Probably already been used somewhere, but I thought I'd give it a try.)

1 minute ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

Going to be renamed the Tua Trophy in a couple of years. 

Somehow, he'll have 5 of them by the time he leaves uat.

2 hours ago, WarDamnEagleWDE said:

But they'll claim 12

Archived