Anonymous Op-Ed from High Ranking Trump Admin Official

AUbritt

Wow.

President Trump is facing a test to his presidency unlike any faced by a modern American leader.

It’s not just that the special counsel looms large. Or that the country is bitterly divided over Mr. Trump’s leadership. Or even that his party might well lose the House to an opposition hellbent on his downfall.

The dilemma — which he does not fully grasp — is that many of the senior officials in his own administration are working diligently from within to frustrate parts of his agenda and his worst inclinations.

I would know. I am one of them.

To be clear, ours is not the popular “resistance” of the left. We want the administration to succeed and think that many of its policies have already made America safer and more prosperous.

But we believe our first duty is to this country, and the president continues to act in a manner that is detrimental to the health of our republic.

Don't know if free to read, but it's a doozy.

Here's another excerpt.

Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

In addition to his mass-marketing of the notion that the press is the “enemy of the people,” President Trump’s impulses are generally anti-trade and anti-democratic.

Don’t get me wrong. There are bright spots that the near-ceaseless negative coverage of the administration fails to capture: effective deregulation, historic tax reform, a more robust military and more.

But these successes have come despite — not because of — the president’s leadership style, which is impetuous, adversarial, petty and ineffective.

"The op-ed is coming from inside the house!"

I half expect 45 to do something stupid in the near future to let his base know how "independent" he is. 

Not a fan of the idea that he (probably) will say this stuff and then continue to try to operate inside the WH against the president.

If Trump really is as bad as this piece says -- and I for one suspect he's actually even worse -- then this person needs to come out and say it so that everyone in the country hears it.

According to the NYT, the author is a senior official in the Trump administration.

Mattis? Pence? Doesn't sound like the way Kelly talks. 

Probably Pence, who'd have the most to gain politically if Trump is ousted.

Wow. Check out this article with a video of Pence saying "lodestar" a zillion times.

It's important because the op-ed ends by calling McCain a "lodestar" -- "a lodestar for restoring honor to public life and our national dialogue."

So, either it was Pence, or it was someone who really set Pence up for a hard fall.

18 minutes ago, AUbritt said:

Terms I've heard for the author: Deep Wrote, Deep State Throat, GUTLESS.

Anyone heard any others?

All those sound appropriate … I'm sure the writer has the view that he or she is serving the country......but hiding in the shadows is not the way to do so in my view and frankly NYT does not have much credibility on the matter.   It has an obvious agenda and is eager to print anything that helps support it.

1 minute ago, AU64 said:

All those sound appropriate … I'm sure the writer has the view that he or she is serving the country......but hiding in the shadows is not the way to do so in my view and frankly NYT does not have much credibility on the matter.   It has an obvious agenda and is eager to print anything that helps support it.

But the NYT didn't write a word of this.  This isn't traditional reporting.  This is a first hand account and holy crap, it's damning.

1 hour ago, Brad_ATX said:

But the NYT didn't write a word of this.  This isn't traditional reporting.  This is a first hand account and holy crap, it's damning.

NYT Printed it....might be true or maybe not...single source  op ed is opinion and does not have to be verified but makes the deep state claims sound real...

6 hours ago, AU64 said:

NYT Printed it....might be true or maybe not...single source  op ed is opinion and does not have to be verified but makes the deep state claims sound real...

This is an interesting issue to me. The op-ed has a link where you can go to ask questions about their editorial procedure in this case. The idea, I suppose, is to add some credibility to what it claims.

Suppose whoever wrote the piece did come out and say so in public. Couldn't we still say it's just an opinion?

The other aspect of the situation that adds some credibility to it is that it pretty much corroborates what was in Fire and Fury, a lot of what Omarosa says, and the previews from Woodward's book. Corker responded by saying something like, yeah, I know -- that's what I've been telling y'all. 

Not sure what Corker's agenda would be (doesn't seem to have much to gain personally, other than being able to say 'I told you so'). The others want to sell books, or the Times newspapers. But they are all telling essentially the same story (as Corker points out).

Whether it would add credibility to the claims or not, I still think the person should come out and say it in public. I also think they should resign. The idea that they are staying on and doing what they think is right for the country strikes me as some sort of ego-driven fallacy. Trump may be crazy, and he may be really bad for the country -- I personally think the second is true, even if he is not crazy -- but he was elected. The author wasn't elected (unless it's Pence, but he wasn't elected president). If the author thinks the president can't do his job, then the author needs to say so publicly (not anonymously) and let the country decide.

The thing is...how does this person know or decide which DT policies are misguided and which parts of his agenda are they trying to frustrate and so on?

This "exalted ego", has  apparently decided that he or she knows better than DT what needs to be done by the presidency....and maybe that person thinks that her or she knows better than the voters too.   

If the person is truly a "senior official", it would be proper for him or her to counsel DT on issues and express disagreement and suggest alternatives.     But to remain in the shadows and take steps to undermine the president and the presidency is cowardly and dare I say it...almost treasonous since we have no idea what policies this "hero" supports and whether they are truly in our national interest. 

Deep state in action?  

10 hours ago, AU64 said:

Probably just "fake" news.

13 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Probably just "fake" news.

maybe "fake' news but I take the editorial writer seriously.    It is implied that it's someone close personally to DT but could be any long time high ranking civil service person with opposing views and the motivation try and affect the work of DT.  Not hard to imagine that.  

One problem DT had when he came in was that since he did not have any previous time in the "swamp" he was dependent on Republicans in DC to help identify and hire staff and upper level management in the various Cabinet Departments.  Most of those were the so called establishment republicans and were not his friends....and were more likely to recommend their own friends or sycophants so they could keep and eye DT...or guide him where they wanted him to go.    

Contrary to the possibility that DT is "consolidating power" as was suggested earlier, DT is surrounded by people who don't wish him well .....and some are probably looking for opportunities to ingratiate themselves to the establishment members who will be there long after DT is gone. 

1) The real truth is probably much worse.

2) If it is Pence, he just signaled the Democrats and the Never Trump Republicans, just after Trumps smearing of McCain, that he is ready or readying himself for taking over the WH should Trump be forced out. This could be THE tipping point. '

The NYT broke all kinds of ethics publishing this. They are either as crazy as Trump, or they know that history will be kind to them.

41 minutes ago, AU64 said:

The thing is...how does this person know or decide which DT policies are misguided and which parts of his agenda are they trying to frustrate and so on?

How do you decide what policies you believe are misguided and which parts of a president's agenda you oppose and so on?  Is basic reason, evaluating of facts, observation of the POTUS, and talking to others in the know not sufficient to make sound determinations on this?

41 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Deep state in action?  

Please.

1 hour ago, TitanTiger said:

How do you decide what policies you believe are misguided and which parts of a president's agenda you oppose and so on?  Is basic reason, evaluating of facts, observation of the POTUS, and talking to others in the know not sufficient to make sound determinations on this?

Please.

Answers:    1....writer seems to have taken this "responsibility" to him or herself.....DT has lots of advisors and the writer has not said which part of the agenda he or she opposes?     So the writer could be out in left field alone among DT's staff?  

2.   So you don't think there are folks in high government position dedicated to undermining the president ?    well you are partly right because several have been given the ax recently but there are probably lots more ...iincluding the op-ed  writer. 

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Answers:    1....writer seems to have taken this "responsibility" to him or herself.....DT has lots of advisors and the writer has not said which part of the agenda he or she opposes?     So the writer could be out in left field alone among DT's staff? 

Maybe.  But given Trump's behavior, and a rational belief that he's worse privately than publicly, I don't think those are good odds.

5 minutes ago, AU64 said:

2.   So you don't think there are folks in high government position dedicated to undermining the president ?    well you are partly right because several have been given the ax recently but there are probably lots more ...iincluding the op-ed  writer. 

There are probably people in high government positions of every administration that work to undermine certain aspects of that president's agenda.  But the Deep State nonsense that Alex Jones, QAnon and so on yammer about?  Nope.  This is pretty much my assessment of those folks:

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

This issue has me torn... On one hand, it is a serious dereliction of duty by the anonymous source in the least.  On the other, it could be some one that has legitimate concerns and they are willing to be a martyr for the greater good.  

If this came to be from an individual with nothing to gain and everything to lose, I believe that would be the best case scenario for finding truth.  If this was publicized and the result is a political springboard, it will be very questionable in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

Maybe.  But given Trump's behavior, and a rational belief that he's worse privately than publicly, I don't think those are good odds.

There are probably people in high government positions of every administration that work to undermine certain aspects of that president's agenda.  But the Deep State nonsense that Alex Jones, QAnon and so on yammer about?  Nope.  This is pretty much my assessment of those folks:

Tin_foil_hat_2.jpg

That's fine...believe what you want....and call it what you want.........but considering his non-government background, DT likely has an order of magnitude of folks fighting his agenda items. 

Meanwhile,  If I was better with a computer, being an old fart and all,  I would post a picture of......oh wait.....I figured it out.......Ostrich head in sand istockphoto

.. just found a picture of you after all....?

One can both not have their head in the sand while not buying all the deep state conspiracy bull**** being peddled right now. Can’t say the same about QAnon types and Jones devotees not being tinfoil hat wearing wingnuts. 

15 minutes ago, TitanTiger said:

One can both not have their head in the sand while not buying all the deep state conspiracy bull**** being peddled right now. Can’t say the same about QAnon types and Jones devotees not being tinfoil hat wearing wingnuts. 

So you don't believe something in the water is making the frogs gay?????  I jest of course.

Hopefully you don't consider Ben Shapiro fans as a part of that group.  Would love it if he ran for office.

Archived