Devan Barrett

Swamp Eagle

15 hours ago, Randman5000 said:

Roc just made the Vikings roster... He made it to big boy football.

If you say the Vikings can beat Auburn Mikey is going to throw his sunshine pump at you! 

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Mikey said:

LMAO! He was moved because five other guys were ahead of him on the depth chart. It's not rocket science.

So when you say fact, you actually meant Mikey's rocket science.....which is anything but fact ?

10 minutes ago, cole256 said:

If you say the Vikings can beat Auburn Mikey is going to throw his sunshine pump at you! 

Okay, now THAT was funny!

17 hours ago, Mikey said:

I don't remember what I said about Roc Thomas, but hind sight makes it very clear that he couldn't cut it at Auburn. Proof of the puddin' is in the eatin', as they say and sadly, Roc didn't last very long in big-boy football. If Jax State was a better fit for hm, I'm glad he found a suitable spot.

This post is a great representation of debating Mikey

4 hours ago, cole256 said:

This post is a great representation of debating Mikey

Funny that our starting center last year came from Jax State. I wonder how Mikey Mouse will defend Gus for playing little boys on our offensive line instead of big boys.

1 hour ago, McLoofus said:

Funny that our starting center last year came from Jax State. I wonder how Mikey Mouse will defend Gus for playing little boys on our offensive line instead of big boys.

Any port in a storm, as the sailors say. OC was a storm!

On 9/10/2018 at 9:58 AM, cole256 said:

You mean when he (Whitlow) first got here and they had him at wr?

Where's the outrage about poor Whitlow being moved? At least Barrett got his 14 caries before the switch. Whitlow never even got a chance to catch a pass in a game before those heartless coaches snatched him away from WR and put him at RB! Clearly they don't know what they are doing and couldn't possibly have seen his tremendous potential at WR. You should start a thread about the injustice suffered by Whitlow.

9 hours ago, McLoofus said:

ops.meme_.nba_-1024x768.jpg

Roc didn’t accept his role change at Auburn. Nothing that Gus can do about that. A role change is not a demotion. It’s purpose was getting Roc into space. Which is where Roc was killing it in the preseason.

Also, JSU is home to Roc. Roc OV’ed tbere in high school and was no surprise he wanted to go there after he left Auburn. 

This man said roc Thomas couldn’t handle big boy football, yet as some of us predicted, we knew he was a very talented individual. And? He is on the Vikings. Wooooow

sorry I am so late to the party, but some of y’all need to stop dissing these young athletes. If you want to take it out on the coaches that is one thing, but these young men work damn hard to get D-1 scholarships. For whatever reason, it may not work out, but it isn’t easy to get to the position that they are in. If it were, we wouldn’t be commenting on a message board about their life and narrative.

15 minutes ago, DAG said:

sorry I am so late to the party, but some of y’all need to stop dissing these young athletes.

I wasn't intending to diss Roc. During the time he was at Auburn, he wasn't ready to handle what he was faced with and that was very obvious. Apparently a couple of years in lower-level football helped him turn things around and that's to his credit. However, the complaint that moving people to a new position is somehow a demotion or unfair to them isn't true, as @aujeff11 stated above. Any number of players have shifted positions, usually to the benefit of both the player and the team.

1 minute ago, Mikey said:

I wasn't intending to diss Roc. During the time he was at Auburn, he wasn't ready to handle what he was faced with and that was very obvious. Apparently a couple of years in lower-level football helped him turn things around and that's to his credit. However, the complaint that moving people to a new position is somehow a demotion or unfair to them isn't true, as @aujeff11 stated above. Any number of players have shifted positions, usually to the benefit of both the player and the team.

I agree with you on that statement. In terms of DB. I can’t say he couldn’t be a good RB candidate for an SEC team. I think Big Bird has shown he has been productive in his limited time getting carries. However, I just think that we have so much talent in the backfield, for whatever reason, the coaches feel he will be better suited to use somewhere else. To me, THIS IS NOT A KNOCK. I have stated my feelings earlier, but DB has such a unique skill set, the coaching staff has moved him around in bunches. He can catch out of the back field, he is a great athlete, he has size, he has strength. I think this is the making of someone who is good at a lot of things, but not great at one thing (again, this is my assumption, as stats prove otherwise). His unique skill set can definitely get him in the NFL, if he just stays the course.

2 hours ago, DAG said:

I agree with you on that statement. In terms of DB. I can’t say he couldn’t be a good RB candidate for an SEC team. I think Big Bird has shown he has been productive in his limited time getting carries. However, I just think that we have so much talent in the backfield, for whatever reason, the coaches feel he will be better suited to use somewhere else. To me, THIS IS NOT A KNOCK. I have stated my feelings earlier, but DB has such a unique skill set, the coaching staff has moved him around in bunches. He can catch out of the back field, he is a great athlete, he has size, he has strength. I think this is the making of someone who is good at a lot of things, but not great at one thing (again, this is my assumption, as stats prove otherwise). His unique skill set can definitely get him in the NFL, if he just stays the course.

Sounds a lot like Mario Fannin.  

On 9/12/2018 at 8:40 AM, DAG said:

Don't let them suck you in, I never said a position change doesn't ever work or it's a knock. What I would have concerns about is if this happened to my son (if I had one) is he performed well as a true freshman and he has now been moved twice. That's it. All that other stuff is Mikey wanting to argue if he even thinks you may say something about a coach on this team

On 9/12/2018 at 8:34 AM, Mikey said:

Could you quote that complaint real quick? I'm trying to see something....

Oh that stuff about not ready to handle stuff and it was obvious......it's the complete opposite of smart. It's ok to say he would've been good here, that's not saying the coaches are bad. Sometimes coaches lose good players too.

48 minutes ago, cole256 said:

Don't let them suck you in, I never said a position change doesn't ever work or it's a knock. What I would have concerns about is if this happened to my son (if I had one) is he performed well as a true freshman and he has now been moved twice. That's it. All that other stuff is Mikey wanting to argue if he even thinks you may say something about a coach on this team

No worries. I’ve seen your rebuttal and never even thought you were making that case.

Archived