3.9% unemployment...and 49 year low on jobless claims

japantiger

25 minutes ago, AU64 said:

Trust you studied economics and history but FDR practiced Keynesian economics for the better part of 10 years with only modest improvement in the US economy and unemployment was still over 15% by 1940.  It was not until the US got into the business of building/selling military hardware for WW II that the economy started to recover in a reasonable way. .

https://herb.ashp.cuny.edu/items/show/1510  There are a hundred cites out there if you wanted to verify and this is one that looks nice and simple and cover the time frame we were discussing. 

JMO (and not just me) but FDR's Keynesian economic approach had only a modest effect on the recovery...and same goes for BO's stimulus. .   . 

So let's discuss it from this perspective, as relates to the recent recession, when did the economic recovery begin, what factors were obstacles to that recovery, what strategies were utilized effectively to overcome those obstacles?  

I'm absolutely willing to discuss this in a constructive manner, but I find the Trump bootlicking, not necessarily by you, but by the usual suspects, over economic statistics obnoxious when those positive growth numbers were constantly explained away by those same bootlickers during the Obama years.

5 hours ago, HVAU said:

So let's discuss it from this perspective, as relates to the recent recession, when did the economic recovery begin, what factors were obstacles to that recovery, what strategies were utilized effectively to overcome those obstacles?  

I'm absolutely willing to discuss this in a constructive manner, but I find the Trump bootlicking, not necessarily by you, but by the usual suspects, over economic statistics obnoxious when those positive growth numbers were constantly explained away by those same bootlickers during the Obama years.

Bootlickers?? You lefties wouldn’t know sh-t from shinola when it comes to Obama’s boots.

27 minutes ago, PUB78 said:

Bootlickers?? You lefties wouldn’t know sh-t from shinola when it comes to Obama’s boots.

Obama supporters' defense of him in no manner resembles the lengths Trump supporters go to to defend his policy decisions, his moral failings, his obvious ineptitude in choosing employees, and his graft in enriching himself through his government position.  Bootlicking is exactly what Trump apologists do on a daily basis.

2 hours ago, HVAU said:

Obama supporters' defense of him in no manner resembles the lengths Trump supporters go to to defend his policy decisions, his moral failings, his obvious ineptitude in choosing employees, and his graft in enriching himself through his government position.  Bootlicking is exactly what Trump apologists do on a daily basis.

I could be wrong, but I bet you are a little bias in your thoughts. 

1 hour ago, PUB78 said:

I could be wrong, but I bet you are a little bias in your thoughts. 

We all are biased, but I've never been sycophantic towards Obama.  He had plenty of failings (Syrian strategy, lack of transparency concerning the events leading up to Benghazi, drone strategies), but ultimately he handled the economic crisis effectively, advocated policies that, from his political philosophy, would reduce wealth inequalities and improve opportunities for citizens that had comparatively few, and presented himself in a dignified and ethical manner.  Many here choose to accept a narrative that demonizes every aspect of Obama despite all evidence to the contrary.  At the same time, many disregard the shortcomings they claimed to find in Obama when they are displayed so prominently in Trump.

As an olive branch I'll give one thing I think Trump got right, economically speaking.  I think the repatriation tax incentive was a good move.  I'd like to see data on the results, but I think it has/had potential to reverse trends in wealth migration that have been a concern to many.

On the economy, did you and other Trump supporters believe him, Trump, when he said that he inherited a "mess"?  I'd love to help lift the delusion by looking at some recent historical economic data.  I've had the conversation on here several times, but I'm willing to have it again with anyone seriously applying logic to their perspective.

I'm also curious, did you find the term "bootlicker" offensive?  When using it, you didn't come to mind, as I've not really had any exchanges here with you.  

10 hours ago, HVAU said:

We all are biased, but I've never been sycophantic towards Obama.  He had plenty of failings (Syrian strategy, lack of transparency concerning the events leading up to Benghazi, drone strategies), but ultimately he handled the economic crisis effectively, advocated policies that, from his political philosophy, would reduce wealth inequalities and improve opportunities for citizens that had comparatively few, and presented himself in a dignified and ethical manner.  Many here choose to accept a narrative that demonizes every aspect of Obama despite all evidence to the contrary.  At the same time, many disregard the shortcomings they claimed to find in Obama when they are displayed so prominently in Trump.

As an olive branch I'll give one thing I think Trump got right, economically speaking.  I think the repatriation tax incentive was a good move.  I'd like to see data on the results, but I think it has/had potential to reverse trends in wealth migration that have been a concern to many.

On the economy, did you and other Trump supporters believe him, Trump, when he said that he inherited a "mess"?  I'd love to help lift the delusion by looking at some recent historical economic data.  I've had the conversation on here several times, but I'm willing to have it again with anyone seriously applying logic to their perspective.

I'm also curious, did you find the term "bootlicker" offensive?  When using it, you didn't come to mind, as I've not really had any exchanges here with you.  

Yes, I am bias, too. We all are in many ways. I am not a big Trump fan, but I do like the direction the country is headed. 

I did find the bootlicker comment a little offensive, but it is all good now.

Unfortunately though wages and their growth are still stagnant though. Still have friends that work at my old company in sales. That organization has increased the price of their products and lowered the commission and bonus structures while increasing working hours. People are seeing thousand's of dollars pay cuts due to this and less work life balance.

https://www.americanprogress.org/issues/economy/news/2018/08/09/454589/workers-wages-remain-stagnant-despite-gains-top-earners/

4 hours ago, homersapien said:

Any normal president would have an approval rating of 60% or more.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/09/12/trump-economytax-219836

An Economic Boom Is a Terrible Thing to Waste

Serious question who was the last president to have a 60% approval I sure their has to be one 

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Serious question who was the last president to have a 60% approval I sure their has to be one 

Screenshot_20180913-220851.png

Screenshot_20180913-220805.png

11 hours ago, HVAU said:

Screenshot_20180913-220851.png

Screenshot_20180913-220805.png

The G.W. Bush approval has to be put into perspective.  That was about three months after 9/11, which explains the huge jump from his first six months in office to his approval at the 364 day mark.

Same idea for Truman.  His popularity plummeted as soon as WW2 ended.

Trump's approval rating depends on which poll you want to use. The respected Rasmussen poll which compares Trump to Obama for the same number of days into their presidency has the tied at 47% today.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_sep14

6 minutes ago, Proud Tiger said:

Trump's approval rating depends on which poll you want to use. The respected Rasmussen poll which compares Trump to Obama for the same number of days into their presidency has the tied at 47% today.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/trump_administration/prez_track_sep14

Every time you post the Rasmussen poll, you feel the need to put "respected" as a qualifier.  Why?  No one here is disputing that it's a legitimate polling source.  Their method is different (it's a tracking poll vs a standard randomized poll), but that's about it.

38 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Every time you post the Rasmussen poll, you feel the need to put "respected" as a qualifier.  Why?  No one here is disputing that it's a legitimate polling source.  Their method is different (it's a tracking poll vs a standard randomized poll), but that's about it.

Just to aggravate you:hellyeah:

1 minute ago, Proud Tiger said:

Just to aggravate you:hellyeah:

Nah, I'm more aggravated by your inability to spell "Desperate" correctly in your other thread title :)

36 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Nah, I'm more aggravated by your inability to spell "Desperate" correctly in your other thread title :)

I know not what you speaketh of.;D

Archived