Thompson v Hoover

around4ever

Thompson and Little Tua have passed their way back into this game. 31-26 with under 3:00 left in 3rd.   

The Thompson defense has slowed Hoover down and got an interception to start the last TD drive. 

Pickens just made a great one handed catch while pushing the defender with the other hand.  No call.  The referee had to tell him to get back to the huddle and shut up. 

10 hours ago, around4ever said:

Pickens just made a great one handed catch while pushing the defender with the other hand.  No call.  The referee had to tell him to get back to the huddle and shut up. 

The Hoover twitter account whined about 2 or 3 OPI calls George got. They thought it was horse crap because George is bigger than the DB. I bet he pushed off on those plays. What did you see @around4ever?

42 minutes ago, ellitor said:

The Hoover twitter account whined about 2 or 3 OPI calls George got. They thought it was horse crap because George is bigger than the DB. I bet he pushed off on those plays. What did you see @around4ever?

I thought one in the end zone was questionable but there really wasn't a good angle to see it.  He does push off as do most receivers these days.  He needs to learn to not fully extend the arms making it really look like a push. 

Over the years what I have seen is when the other teams WR pushes off your fans say it should be OPI but when our receiver does it ours fans say it was just hand fighting. All good DB's and WR's  push off at times the best ones do it in a way that they don't get called for it. Apparently that is something coach's will have to work on with Pickens in making sure he knows how to do it without getting called for it.

10 hours ago, AuburnNTexas said:

Over the years what I have seen is when the other teams WR pushes off your fans say it should be OPI but when our receiver does it ours fans say it was just hand fighting. All good DB's and WR's  push off at times the best ones do it in a way that they don't get called for it. Apparently that is something coach's will have to work on with Pickens in making sure he knows how to do it without getting called for it.

It’s kinda like ol holding, just keep your arms into your chest and don’t extend . They could technically call holding on every other play. There’s ways to get away this stuff if it’s not too obvious.

Archived