HAPPY GAMEDAY!!!

around4ever

“Home.  Every time I come back, it’s a ‘War Eagle.’  It’s a ‘Go Tigers.’  It’s a glass of lemonade.  Rolling through College and Magnolia NEVER gets old.  Who I am is deeply rooted in this place I call home.  It’s a spirit.  It’s family.  It’s my home.  And once you have experienced it, you will never be the same.”

War Eagle!

OK...low 80s at kickoff...could be a lot worse this time of year.....not too bad for players or fans....

Enjoy the day everyone... 

War Damn Eagle ?!

War Eagle! 

Wishing this one were a noon kickoff so we could get it out of the way and enjoy the rest of the day (go Gamecocks, go Aggies anyone?), but looking forward to seeing some young guys get in the game.

9 minutes ago, looney said:

War Eagle! 

Wishing this one were a noon kickoff so we could get it out of the way and enjoy the rest of the day (go Gamecocks, go Aggies anyone?), but looking forward to seeing some young guys get in the game.

Same. Idk why they did it so late. 

War Eagle from beautiful Auburn, AL. My first home opener in years. I’ll be having a lemonade within the hour. Start the day off right. :)

To paraphrase Colonel Kilgore...

"Nothing smells like Auburn Gameday in the morning.  Smells like...... Victory!"

War Eagle!

27 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

Because HOT

That would be the normal to expect....fortunately for players and fans, looks like low 80s by game time....

So folks should enjoy the campus atmosphere and don't have to worry about heat strokes....

Just now, AU64 said:

That would be the normal to expect....fortunately for players and fans, looks like low 80s by game time....

So folks should enjoy the campus atmosphere and don't have to worry about heat strokes....

Sure.  But the administration can't know that when the game time was announced this summer.  Unless TV makes us do otherwise, AU almost always plays home night games for lower level non-conference teams in September to try and avoid the heat.

Just now, Brad_ATX said:

Sure.  But the administration can't know that when the game time was announced this summer.  Unless TV makes us do otherwise, AU almost always plays home night games for lower level non-conference teams in September to try and avoid the heat.

not disagreeing with you....

.back in the day before TV told us when to play, AU usually played at 1 or 2 and we would sweat our fannies off in the East side seating.     But season often started a few weeks later.   Looking at the schedules and see that the first game my senior year at AU was September 21.    Still, that hot weather was hard on the players though I expect coaches like Shug and Dye used that to their advantage with some visitors. 

10 minutes ago, Brad_ATX said:

When is it not hot on the 2nd Saturday in September in Auburn?   ?  ?   ?

1 minute ago, around4ever said:

When is it not hot on the 2nd Saturday in September in Auburn?   ?  ?   ?

Hey, I wouldn't have flown across the country for the game last week if wasn't in a dome.  I'll save the trips to Auburn for October/November.

War Eagle!!! Let’s get some freshman and backups a lot of playing time and get better and polished up for the corn dogs! ?

Archived