ESPN Gameday: In AU next week?

Gowebb11

Anyone know if ESPN Gameday will be in AU for the LSU game? Just looked at next weeks schedule and we should be the marquee game. WDE!!!

Money's on OSU just cuz...

If they don't come for LSU it's conceivable that AU won't have a visit this year.  Now, all goes well they'll certainly be involved with a visit but it'll be in Athens or tuscalooser.

I don't really care about things that were said in the past when it comes to CGD. Fact is, it adds a whole extra layer of fun to the game and makes it the center of national attention. Still think they go to Arlington, unfortunately. Even years do not set up well for Gameday visits at this point. I'd argue that this is the most "Gameday-ripe" game for us to host on an even year since the LSU game in 2010 (even if that wasn't the game they visited that year).

Definitely the best game of the week.  2 teams in the top 11 with major conference implications (not to mention possible playoff implications).  It’s the obvious choice.  However, they will have to consider possible future locations and “spread the wealth” with other conferences and regions of the country.   

My guess is yes, it will be in Auburn.  It's the only game that we play at home all year worth a damn nationally, so gameday won't be back later this year.

No Urban for OSU makes it less appealing, no? 

The spreading of the wealth considering we very well likely could be involved in an Iron Bowl and DSOR GameDay matchups makes sense too. 

14 minutes ago, Tiger said:

No Urban for OSU makes it less appealing, no? 

The spreading of the wealth considering we very well likely could be involved in an Iron Bowl and DSOR GameDay matchups makes sense too. 

Invisible Urbs is a good point.

I suppose it also depends on AU's & LSU's respective performances today too.  Two dominant blow-outs and No Urban (+ "neutral" site for OSU/TCU) would just be one more example of bias.  Not sound much against AU or SEC but FOR OSU (the bammer of the North).

It would be cool! Taking the wife to her first Tiger Walk and we're hoping to stay the night the day before!

Can't think of a better game next week in that time slot!

College Game day is so overrated as a experience in person. It is honestly boring AF. Did it one time for the 2006 Florida at AU game when I was in high school and all it really is is a bunch of standing around for hours at a time at the crack of dawn and for what? Too hear dudes pontificate about a bunch of other teams you do not care about most of the time just to see what headgear a old man picks up at the absolute last seconds of the show? Meh. I will never do it again. 

Archived