Auburn 63 ASU 9 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some frustrating moments, some poor execution, some likely looking ahead to next week, but on balance, a WHOLE lot more bright spots like Worm, Schwartz, Thomas, Sandberg, the entire Front 7 (probably 3 deep), Tutt, and a few others. I’m happy, and if we can work out the kinks, we can do some business this year. 

War Damn!

Only negative was the turnovers and that muff was just dumb! Everything else was lights out! Waaaaar Eagle ? baby!

So glad we got our freshman in there, but they need to work on some ball security. Time to get set for LSWho!! 

Just now, EclecticTiger said:

Some frustrating moments, some poor execution, some likely looking ahead to next week, but on balance, a WHOLE lot more bright spots like Worm, Schwartz, Thomas, Sandberg, the entire Front 7 (probably 3 deep), Tutt, and a few others. I’m happy, and if we can work out the kinks, we can do some business this year. 

Add Sherwood in their too!

6 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

So glad we got our freshman in there, but they need to work on some ball security. Time to get set for LSWho!! 

Young guys played young. But oh my goodness at the future talent!

I feel like we found out who the #2 QB is. That was a bonus tonight. 

1 minute ago, gr82be said:

I feel like we found out who the #2 QB is. That was a bonus tonight. 

Digging sandberg, Willis is majorly talented but seems like it’s too much “me” and let me make that electric play 

5 minutes ago, Maverick.AU said:

Digging sandberg, Willis is majorly talented but seems like it’s too much “me” and let me make that electric play 

The game still seems too fast for Malik. He looks a little lost out there at times.

21 minutes ago, toddc said:

Add Sherwood in their too!

Absolutely! Honestly so many made plays and/or showed flashes, I could’ve gone on further. It’s promising, and I’m enjoying it!

30 minutes ago, tbone1430 said:

Time for a little revenge.

Loved seeing everybody play!  (I was shocked to see Will out there!)

Worm, Schwartz, and several TFR defenders were very encouraging.   

Sandberg > Willis

Several frustrating mistakes (mental errors)

OL looked better

Our DL is like 4 deep!  They were all in the ALSt. backfield all night!

No injuries that I’m aware of.  

It was a good day to be an Auburn Tiger!!!

Glad to see our young defenders play tonight. Miller, Newkirk, Jackson, and Jibunor got off the ball quick and got after people. Same for Britt and Wooten at LB. 

JMO but we saw the results of the new red shirt rule today.....lots of guys played this game who might not have seen the field under the old rule.  ...part of the issue of ball control.

Not much cohesion after first half....just good that lots of young guys got to play and appears nobody got hurt.

Archived