Auburn 63 ASU 9 - Postgame Thread

RunInRed

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A few extra sprints should clean up those fumbles we had. Willis is definitely trying to do too much on his own and I’m a huge Cord fan so glad to see him showing out. The receivers are a bright spot just hope the play calling allows them to really excel! Got a good feeling about next weekend!! Gus knows he needs this win to redeem himself 1/3 of the way.

P.S. No surprise but I love Shivers!! And Boobie if he can just get a little more experience he’s gonna be a monster. 

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

@Scotty2Hotty you got to give him props. He called it 

Yeah, the jury is still out bc Gus won't let them pass the damn ball downfield. Nevertheless, Malik has definitely regressed, and Cord has the wheels pointed in the right direction. 

Here's to you @Scotty2Hotty :cheers:

12 minutes ago, DAG said:

Florida really lost to UK. WOW

Crazy right. Herman almost dropped to 0-2 tonight also against Tulsa. I really thought Texas would look better this season.

2 minutes ago, Texan4Auburn said:

Crazy right. Herman almost dropped to 0-2 tonight also against Tulsa. I really thought Texas would look better this season.

Holy crap. Egg on my face. Glad I don’t make those million dollar decisions

4 minutes ago, DAG said:

Malik will find himself at Defensive back if he doesn’t step it up 

;)

Hey, he prolly still can't be Nick Marshall over there either. 

20 minutes ago, Coltonspain24 said:

A few extra sprints should clean up those fumbles we had. Willis is definitely trying to do too much on his own and I’m a huge Cord fan so glad to see him showing out. The receivers are a bright spot just hope the play calling allows them to really excel! Got a good feeling about next weekend!! Gus knows he needs this win to redeem himself 1/3 of the way.

P.S. No surprise but I love Shivers!! And Boobie if he can just get a little more experience he’s gonna be a monster. 

Good first post. Welcome!

Finally got a chance to catch up on highlights. Yes we need Anthony in this offense. We have dynamic freshman players

Future looks bright for sure. WDE!

2 hours ago, The Plainsman said:

Second game in a row where our special teams showed flashes,. But also some shakiness with the TF kicker.  

What shakiness? And he's a redshirt freshman.

5 hours ago, DAG said:

Finally got a chance to catch up on highlights. Yes we need Anthony in this offense. We have dynamic freshman players

Anyone else slightly nervous about how lean he is? I mean I know they would have to catch him, but still....

9 hours ago, gr82be said:

I feel like we found out who the #2 QB is. That was a bonus tonight. 

9 hours ago, Maverick.AU said:

Digging sandberg, Willis is majorly talented but seems like it’s too much “me” and let me make that electric play 

9 hours ago, Eagle-1 said:

The game still seems too fast for Malik. He looks a little lost out there at times.

Cord was very poised.  Wish we would have let him throw down field.  If, heaven forbid, Stidham goes down, I would feel more comfortable with Cord than Malik.  We also found someone else who can run the jet sweep.

Loved this game, Loved the contribution of all the freshman players but trying to keep it on an even keel as we were not playing a great team. I think we can beat LSU and I think we can beat them soundly but until we do this game was what should always happen when we play a team like this.

We saw a lot of backup O-Linemen yesterday when Shivers was getting his yardage which re-assures me about our O-Line depth. The key to any season against a tough schedule like we play is the ability to keep players fresh through subbing and have backups when somebody goes down

LSU we should beat, Ole Miss has a great O but weak D we should beat them, Miss State should be a tough win, A&M looks good I am glad we are playing them at home. This is the year that home field advantage needs to work against A&M and we finally beat them at home. Our schedule is tough and there could be an upset along the way to Amen corner but I believe we can be undefeated when we get there.  We have a chance to have a special season but there is a long way to go. Next stop on the trip LSU. War Eagle and lets beat the Corndogs.

10 hours ago, gr82be said:

I feel like we found out who the #2 QB is. That was a bonus tonight. 

I was over reading post on 247 and some over there posters were talking how bad we needed a QB transfer next year because including Bo we wouldn’t have a QB that could play at Troy ?. I have no idea what game these folks were watching or if the weed they were smoking was really bad , but what I saw out of Sandberg was he maybe going to be pushing Bo for the starter spot next year. WDE

9 hours ago, AUpreacherman22 said:

Loved seeing everybody play!  (I was shocked to see Will out there!)

Worm, Schwartz, and several TFR defenders were very encouraging.   

Sandberg > Willis

Several frustrating mistakes (mental errors)

OL looked better

Our DL is like 4 deep!  They were all in the ALSt. backfield all night!

No injuries that I’m aware of.  

It was a good day to be an Auburn Tiger!!!

Driscoll (sp) came out of the game looking looking like he had a knee issue. Did he get back in?

8 hours ago, DAG said:

i know it was alcorn state but i still have to wonder if we did not sign the best class in the country......stars be damned! i mean it seems we have an abundance of riches and if this next recruiting class continues to be great i think the future of auburn looks pretty sweet. just imagine if we had bama's schedule this year........

38 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I was over reading post on 247 and some over there posters were talking how bad we needed a QB transfer next year because including Bo we wouldn’t have a QB that could play at Troy ?. I have no idea what game these folks were watching or if the weed they were smoking was really bad , but what I saw out of Sandberg was he maybe going to be pushing Bo for the starter spot next year. WDE

lets not blame weed for others lack of understanding   lol. waves

42 minutes ago, Eagle Eye 7 said:

I really think it would be best if Cord could be the man next year and Bo could redshirt. I was in the Willis corner before last night but what I saw between them wasn't even close. Of course that would mean Gatewood would be backup and Bo could play in 4 games. 

Archived