Injuries

Auhud08

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Darrell Williams seemed to have the most worrisome injury. Came off the field with an apparent shoulder injury and wasn’t in uniform in the second half, although he was likely done for the night anyway. 

Slayton didn’t play, but that sounds like it was precautionary. You mentioned Horton and Driscoll. Tutt received some attention after an borderline OOB hit on the sidelines on his punt return, but he looked fine. I think that’s about it, at least from what I remember. 

I think they were worried about collarbone (AC) for D Will. To my knowledge X-rays negative. Day to day.

biggest shock was that they let Hastings and stove see the field! Amazing! Not sure any of us saw that coming this soon!

1 hour ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think they were worried about collarbone (AC) for D Will. To my knowledge X-rays negative. Day to day.

biggest shock was that they let Hastings and stove see the field! Amazing! Not sure any of us saw that coming this soon!

Modern medicine is crazy. I had an ACL in February of 94 and I was able to put on pads that September. These guys are flying through rehab. 

7 hours ago, ChrisH said:

Modern medicine is crazy. I had an ACL in February of 94 and I was able to put on pads that September. These guys are flying through rehab. 

When I played high school ball in the 80s, and ACL was a one year rehab or career ending. 

Sorry to hear that D. Williams is "day to day". Saturday should be an "all hands on deck" kind of game. This guy would be missed in a big way.

1 hour ago, Gowebb11 said:

When I played high school ball in the 80s, and ACL was a one year rehab or career ending. 

My grandfather tore his ACL playing football in the late 50s.  The scar looks like someone tried to amputate his leg with a chainsaw. 

14 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I feel sure that either Hastings or Stove would not have seen the field if the team MD and coaches felt that they were not ready to do so. This will definitely make LSU nervous with all of the speed we now have on any given play. (Sir Eli Stove, Sir Worm, and Sir Anthony Schwartz).  Imagine all of these in the backfield at the same time.

4 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

My grandfather tore his ACL playing football in the late 50s.  The scar looks like someone tried to amputate his leg with a chainsaw. 

a friend of mine tore his in the late 60's and it looked just like what you said in your post

2 minutes ago, stoic-one said:

Bless her heart! :big:

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge—her brother-in-law— an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

12 minutes ago, selias said:

A moose once bit my sister...

I once had a deer hit me while I was driving.  No, I didn't hit the deer; the deer hit me.  It was about dusk and I was driving the minivan we had at the time and saw a doe standing at the side of the road,  so I slowed way down to about 10 mph in order to stop if she decided to run/jump out in front of me.  As I was passing her, she took off and head-butted me right in the driver's side door, bounced off, and ran behind the van and into the woods.  Left a nice dent in the driver's side door.  Fortunately, I was able to pop it back out with a plunger.  

4 minutes ago, selias said:

No realli! She was Karving her initials on the moose with the sharpened end of an interspace toothbrush given her by Svenge—her brother-in-law— an Oslo dentist and star of many Norwegian movies: "The Hot Hands of an Oslo Dentist", "Fillings of Passion", "The Huge Molars of Horst Nordfink"...

In that case, I'd have to say she brought it on herself...

56 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

a friend of mine tore his in the late 60's and it looked just like what you said in your post

My dad claims to have blown out both knees as a fullback dragging 4 defenders across the goal line in overtime...winning the game, but ending his scholarship offer from FSU back in the 60's.  He also has one of those scars you describe.

7 minutes ago, AUDevil said:

overtime...winning the game, but ending his scholarship offer from FSU back in the 60's.  He also has one of those scars you describe.

they didn't have overtime in the 60's, high school, college or pros...might want to ask him to be a little more specific about what really happened to his knee....i take that back, the pros did for their playoffs

5 minutes ago, doverstutts said:

they didn't have overtime in the 60's, high school, college or pros...might want to ask him to be a little more specific about what really happened to his knee....i take that back, the pros did for their playoffs

When he first told it when I was a kid; he blew out both of his knees separately.  By the time he had grandkids, the story had grown a bit. :)

Archived