Injuries

Auhud08

19 hours ago, passthebiscuits said:

I think they were worried about collarbone (AC) for D Will. To my knowledge X-rays negative. Day to day.

biggest shock was that they let Hastings and stove see the field! Amazing! Not sure any of us saw that coming this soon!

I agree that seeing them play was a surprise but may be as advertised..just getting them on the field for the feel of the game before next weekend.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Blows my mind that Stove and Hastings are already playing.  

23 minutes ago, augolf1716 said:

You guys don't know pain until you get sand in your eyes from hitting out of a sand trap. Golf is a bad ass sport I'm telling you.

11 hours ago, atl-tiger said:

Blows my mind that Stove and Hastings are already playing.  

Hope that we really put them out there for decoys and get success from the ones that are fully healthy..unless they are genuinely well.

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

You guys don't know pain until you get sand in your eyes from hitting out of a sand trap. Golf is a bad ass sport I'm telling you.

Or have a rib out of alignment the first day of a three day tournament. No chiropractors on weekends. Hell, pure hell. have to drink and Advil the pain out.

2 minutes ago, alexava said:

Or have a rib out of alignment the first day of a three day tournament. No chiropractors on weekends. Hell, pure hell. have to drink and Advil the pain out.

How about having someone hitting you with a golf ball in the back of your head at 30 yards with an errant golf shot! That hurt for months.

2 minutes ago, doc4aday said:

How about having someone hitting you with a golf ball in the back of your head at 30 yards with an errant golf shot! That hurt for months.

Never get ahead of bad golfers without keeping an eye on them

Just now, augolf1716 said:

Never get ahead of bad golfers without keeping an eye on them

What happened was I was on another tee box and the golfer shanked one really bad from another tee box going in the opposite direction,  and I had no way on knowing what was coming. and was plunked. He did not have enough time to yell 4. One of those freak shots that happen from time to time. I think I had a "Pinnacle" logo etched into my head for a good while!

Had a friend take an arrow to the knee once.........lived in a place called Solitude........think he was shot by a Wood Elf........could be wrong though?

1 hour ago, augolf1716 said:

Yeah!

And the sand in your eyes isn't half as painful as the beer your dumbass playing partner pours into your eyes trying to wash it out and the nine iron you hit him with in return.

Golf is dangerous.

46 minutes ago, kevon67 said:

Had a friend take an arrow to the knee once.........lived in a place called Solitude........think he was shot by a Wood Elf........could be wrong though?

Not many here will get this reference. I was that naive once, but then I took an arrow in the knee.

2 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

You really have to watch out for those crazy golf cart drivers too....

8 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

That would be me........................but I have never driven into a lake/pond

9 minutes ago, Tigerbelle said:

Found an old tape of @augolf1716 going from shot to shot:

tenor.gif

9 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

That would be me........................but I have never driven into a lake/pond without a PBR in my hand...

FIFY ?

3 hours ago, augolf1716 said:

Not to mention having to whack your own balls with sticks of varying hard materials.

2 minutes ago, 3rdgeneration said:

You guys will never know the pain of plucking your eyebrows or skinning a layer of skin off your shin when you shave...not to mention child-birth, ya bunch of sissies!!!

I don’t have to pluck my eyebrows, but plucking my nose hairs always makes me cry.

The absolute worst pain associated with golf....I was 19-20. The course owner gave me a two minute tutorial on how to regrip my own clubs. Use either gas or lighter fluid... no need to buy solvent he says. I had gasoline filled the grip FULL this grip was so softened you could stretch it 3 or 4 feet easy and it was slick as all get out. Anyway as I was fumbling around with this mess the grip flopped towards me putting a drop of 87 octane in my eye ball. I am glad I didn’t have a gun handy for the next 90 seconds. 

So the point of the story, gasoline should be avoided but if you have to use it just use a pinch, a thimble, maybe an inch. It was days till I could use the club and the smell lasted longer. My eye recovered in less than an hour. 

10 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

You guys will never know the pain of plucking your eyebrows or skinning a layer of skin off your shin when you shave...not to mention child-birth, ya bunch of sissies!!!

Pretty sure that if men had to give birth to babies the world's population would be way, way down. ? 

12 hours ago, kevon67 said:

Don't know much about Skyrim but it seems your friend would have been ok if he just Wood Elf been careful. 

12 hours ago, doc4aday said:

What happened was I was on another tee box and the golfer shanked one really bad from another tee box going in the opposite direction,  and I had no way on knowing what was coming. and was plunked. He did not have enough time to yell 4. One of those freak shots that happen from time to time. I think I had a "Pinnacle" logo etched into my head for a good while!

"What had happened was...";D

1 hour ago, gr82be said:
11 hours ago, 3rdgeneration said:

Pretty sure that if men had to give birth to babies the world's population would be way, way down. ? 

Exactly!

I've passed 2 kidney stones in my life....

We adopted 2 (twin) girls....

I was told by my Dr that kidney stones are the closest thing a man can feel to labor pain.

The two related?  Hmm...

???

You guys are wimps.

I once forgot my golf shoes and had to play 18 in slides. Not even flip flops where I could grip the little thing that goes between your big toe and second toe. And these were old slides, hardly any traction.

If it wasn't for the fact that it was an executive course, and the beers were flowing non-stop, I might not have made it.

True story. Still haunted by the memory.

Archived